Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 200sx/240sx/Silvia????

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    eh?
    i've tried to clear it up a little for you, but i'mnot too sure what you were trying to say in the first place

lol looks kinda like a pulsar

That pic of the 200sx in USA is true & thats what I was talking about, but there is no way that the sporty models had a SR20DET....Unless Nissan got one by me, I have never heard that......ohh and since the Pulsar was brought up, that would be a car I would just lik to have cause it has 4WD & have an SR20....That would be sweet....
    Last edited by CamNismo; 06-13-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Only the pulsar GTi Had the AWD and SR20DET in aust..

And was easily the ugliest pulsar ever made.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

yeah seriously, the stupid bonnet scoop with the cross grille..
    i'd take the awd 323/familia over it
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah seriously, the stupid bonnet scoop with the cross grille..
    i'd take the awd 323/familia over it

x2

*filler*
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    That pic of the 200sx in USA is true & thats what I was talking about, but there is no way that the sporty models had a SR20DET....Unless Nissan got one by me, I have never heard that......ohh and since the Pulsar was brought up, that would be a car I would just lik to have cause it has 4WD & have an SR20....That would be sweet....
    No, none of the USDM models had a SR20DET stock.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

I posted this to ask a question about the 200sx and 240sx...I know alot about Nissans and this question is bugging me....I know that the Silvia is Japan and 240sx is USA....the SR20DET is Japan & KA24DE is USA...and I know that in Japan there is a Kouki style S14 & a Zenki style....and the S15 never came to the states....but I saw some ppl on a website fighting about the difference between a 200sx & 240sx???
    1st off I thought that the 240sx was just the US version of the Silvia....Also I thought the Japanse versions were: RPS13, S13, S14(Zenki & Kouki), & S15...and if u consider the 180sx......anyways can anyone tell me the difference between a 200sx(or Silvia) & 240sx cause I dont believe these ppl on the other site and Im confused...Thanks
    AFAIK, the US 240SX is the same bodystyle as the Japanese spec 180SX, engine aside.

Silvia and 200SX are the same AFAIK, just different badging/marketing depending on where theyre sold.
    I am the Stig

i always thought 180sx, 200sx, 240ssx was just engine size. an s13, s14 (and s14a), s15 were all silvias. i always got confused with 200sx when there was one body shape with pop up lights(wedge nose) and one without. i cam to the conclusion the silvia was teh one without and the popup lights is just a 200sx.

Quote Originally Posted by jugga View Post
    i always thought 180sx, 200sx, 240ssx was just engine size. an s13, s14 (and s14a), s15 were all silvias. i always got confused with 200sx when there was one body shape with pop up lights(wedge nose) and one without. i cam to the conclusion the silvia was teh one without and the popup lights is just a 200sx.
    See the exact thing you said is why I got confused, but I'm starting to understand from different ppl's post....ohh and idk what its called in different countries, but the pop-up headlights car is a 180sx in Japan...there is also one called a "Onevia" which has pop up lights and an S13 rear end & then there is the "Sileighty" which is an S13 front and 180sx rear end...but in the USA there just called 240sx's which is weird and idk why they just dont call them by there name....Confusing I know...Ive seen so many conversion's with this car it gets really hard to know what the original is that your looking at....S15 fronts, 180sx rear, S14 fronts and S13 rears...and so on...Ive even seen ppl at car shows with Silvia fronts & Skyline rear's...Long Live the NISSan....

See the exact thing you said is why I got confused, but I'm starting to understand from different ppl's post....ohh and idk what its called in different countries, but the pop-up headlights car is a 180sx in Japan...there is also one called a "Onevia" which has pop up lights and an S13 rear end & then there is the "Sileighty" which is an S13 front and 180sx rear end...but in the USA there just called 240sx's which is weird and idk why they just dont call them by there name....Confusing I know...Ive seen so many conversion's with this car it gets really hard to know what the original is that your looking at....S15 fronts, 180sx rear, S14 fronts and S13 rears...and so on...Ive even seen ppl at car shows with Silvia fronts & Skyline rear's...Long Live the NISSan....
    Well, none of the USDM models ever had the open headlights/Silvia front end installed.

Most Onevias and Sileighties were home-built, with Nissan producing a special batch of Sileighties for sale.

180SX = pop-ups, and the Silvia = regular lights.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by jugga View Post
    i always thought 180sx, 200sx, 240ssx was just engine size. an s13, s14 (and s14a), s15 were all silvias.
    that's largely correct except the 180SX also used the sR20det i believe, just to mess with people. and the S14/a and S15 are also called 200sx.
    pics below to try and clear it up (for non-US market models)
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post

Most Onevias and Sileighties were home-built, with Nissan producing a special batch of Sileighties for sale.
    i don't know why they did, but it's pretty cool.

pic 1: 180SX - ca18det and later models the sr20det
    pic 2: S13 silvia - Ca18det and again, later models Sr20det
    pic 3 & 4: S14/S14a 200sx Sr20det only
    pic 5: S15 200sx Sr20det only

hope that clears it up. not counting strawberry converions, sileighty/onevia or convertibles
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I heard that if Japanese Drifters would damage and wreck there 180sx's, they would just replace them with the S13 or S14 front face and lights cause it was cheaper to replace than the motorized lights of the 180sx....whether this is true or not, im not for sure but I think after some Japanses tuners saw how easy this was to convert front ends it just became a trend.....ohh and here is the newest thing from Japan.....Idk what the hell is up with them and tuning Vans, but this is another level...enjoy the pic, iI think it is a pretty aggresive front end for an S14.

Honda Odyssey Face on an S14!!!

I heard that if Japanese Drifters would damage and wreck there 180sx's, they would just replace them with the S13 or S14 front face and lights cause it was cheaper to replace than the motorized lights of the 180sx....whether this is true or not, im not for sure but I think after some Japanses tuners saw how easy this was to convert front ends it just became a trend.
    Pretty sure people did it because it looks good
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

yeah like those people who put S15 front ends on integra's rofl

There was an aussie guy who put an S15 front on an EG or EK civic hatch. Looked pretty sweet really..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

on a hatch?? lol got any pics?

Thread Information