3 7.89%
  • if i was an american i would vote democrat

17 44.74%
  • if i was an american i would vote republican

3 7.89%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: election year

election year

okay so the past fourty years, 10 elections, democrats won 3 times, republicans won 6 times, and the next one is this year.

democrats
    -clinton administration saw the economy pretty much orgasm, so much so that greenspan had to increase interest rates and freeze economic growth outta fear of inflation, clinton also kept the middle easy happy as well
    -jimmy carter won a nobel peace prize, self explanitory

republicans
    -saw a father-son combo that pissed off the middle east, i still don't know how they managed to do it besides just sheer stupidity
    -little george bush may be one of THE WORST presidents ever, i pretty much adopted a pot habit, gave up my dreams of pursuing a degree in political science after seeing that to be successful you must know hwo to manipulate the ignorant into liking you
    -nixon was the only president to resign, couldnt keep his shit under control
    -reagan was iite i guess

after over 2 years whereby i smoked pot every day, recent economic factors have caused me to not smoke herb for 9 days, and sadly i am starting to actually care.

will america make the right choice this time or will the ignorance of the south and super inland states, along with the conservatives' power to manipulate the easy-to-control (ahem, sorta like the serfs of the dark ages) prevail? should we care or just give up? will i re-adopt my pot habit again? will i re-evaluate my academics and pursue an idealistic education in political science, or will i stay in the realistic world of engineering and alchoholism?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Vote Obama.

I voted Hillary and she won my state but it wasnt enough to get her as the Democratic Runner....Obama now I guess

I can't vote since I am a Green card holder and not a US citizen, but I def. would vote for Obama. McCain is just Bush #2, maybe even worst.

YouTube - McCain Bigger idiot than Bush

YouTube - Idiot John Mccain thinks Putin is President of Germany!

The Dems will wipe the floor of the Republicans. The majority of the people in the US are furious with the Republican administration and will get them all out. Once they're out, we'll actually be able to get some work done.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    I can't vote since I am a Green card holder and not a US citizen, but I def. would vote for Obama. McCain is just Bush #2, maybe even worst.

YouTube - McCain Bigger idiot than Bush

YouTube - Idiot John Mccain thinks Putin is President of Germany!
    Couldn't you apply for citizenship?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    The Dems will wipe the floor of the Republicans. The majority of the people in the US are furious with the Republican administration and will get them all out. Once they're out, we'll actually be able to get some work done.
    Lets hope they do. Bush didn't have a good track record the for his second term- people still voted for him.

The polls(this one and others) are showing McCain and Obama in a very tight race in the US...and Obama has already had his 'bump' from winning the Dem nomination.

Pew Global Attitudes Project: Overview: Global Economic Gloom - China and India Notable Exceptions

no independent option?

then i go for obama.

Whatever happened to Ron Paul? He seemed like a cool dude, why hasn't he had more support than he has had up to now?

Ron Paul is a man without a Party. Most repubs don't like his foreign policy etc. and he's a sucky politician. I watched him squander his alloted time in the debates then he'd complain about not getting equal time.

The country is not ready for a third Party yet...and Ron refused to throw his support behind anyone running who has a real chance of winning.

Most of Ron Paul's support came from the internet community because he was all about free public domain or something, which is why you heard so much about him. In a real election he stood little chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Ron Paul is a man without a Party. Most repubs don't like his foreign policy etc. and he's a sucky politician. I watched him squander his alloted time in the debates then he'd complain about not getting equal time.

The country is not ready for a third Party yet...and Ron refused to throw his support behind anyone running who has a real chance of winning.

I'm probably ignorant on US politics, actually politics in general, but in my eyes a sucky politician may just be the best option.

The bits I did see about him really impressed me. I kind of got the impression that he didn't do the usual side-stepping and went straight to the point. Plus he seems pretty dead-set on following the constitution to the letter (and no, I don't know what the US constitution consists of, only going by what I see in wikipedia).
    I did see a whole lot of stuff on digg and reddit about him not getting equal airtime compared to the other runners, maybe there's some truth in the matter? I really don't know, I'm not informed enough to be taking part in this discussion in the first place to be honest, but I am curious nonetheless.

Anyway, Obama seems decent. If it's between him and McCain, I guess he's the best choice there is.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    Most of Ron Paul's support came from the internet community because he was all about free public domain or something, which is why you heard so much about him. In a real election he stood little chance.
    Aha, that explains it. Digg and Reddit as mentioned
    Last edited by Kooper; 06-12-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    I did see a whole lot of stuff on digg and reddit about him not getting equal airtime compared to the other runners, maybe there's some truth in the matter? I really don't know, I'm not informed enough to be taking part in this discussion in the first place to be honest, but I am curious nonetheless.
    Digg and reddit made Ron Paul out to be Jesus Christ incarnate. By the looks of things people thought he was guaranteed the nod because of internet poll spamming by digg users and such when there were votes for 'best republican candidate' and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Digg and reddit made Ron Paul out to be Jesus Christ incarnate. By the looks of things people thought he was guaranteed the nod because of internet poll spamming by digg users and such when there were votes for 'best republican candidate' and such.
    Yeah, at one stage I couldn't log onto those sites without seeing at least 5 links about Ron Paul.

Interestingly, on reddit you can choose to disable anything related to politics. When I did that earlier today about half the links disappeared!

Anyway, whoever wins, I hope it's for the better.

EDIT: Totally beside the point, but you seem to like "and such" a lot. And such.
    Last edited by Kooper; 06-12-2008 at 03:04 PM.

Thread Information