Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06

I put quite a few miles on an ’05 C6 with the 6spd. It’s actually really easy to lose track of what gear you are in. The car has just so much torque and when you are just putting around the engine runs at such low revs that you can’t remember if 1500 RPM at 40mph is 3rd or 4th. It’s really strange after driving a Miata which is geared to rev rather high all the time and basically has no power in any gear

Anyway, I loved driving the ’05 mostly because it was silly fast. I would like to try out the improved steering and shifter of the newer cars. Sure the extra power of the 6.3L would be nice but it wasn’t like the old car was even remotely down on power!

For those who have never driven one, a high power, large displacement V8 is something else if you are used to smaller displacement motors (powerful or not). If you even get the opportunity to drive a C6, don’t pass it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    z31 or z32?

I love the new color and the new wheels.
    z32.
    This is of course nicer but with the center console and the buttons on each side of the wheel it just struck me as similar.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by culver View Post
    For those who have never driven one, a high power, large displacement V8 is something else if you are used to smaller displacement motors (powerful or not). If you even get the opportunity to drive a C6, don’t pass it up.
    no joke that was the first thing i noticed when i made the leap from a honda accord to a camaro.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Very good looking like that last generations, the only bad pont goes to the inside, i wish they could have made a brand new one instead of updating the old, better but no good, and even in the pictures one can see some flaws, not a good point for this car as i said.

The few things i'd change outside would be the fog lights and the radiator intake shape.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

"cyber gray"? "blade silver"?
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

I wish they would bring back pop-up headlights! I love those.

does anyone think that now that the c6 is making 430hp that they need to bump up the z06 a little bit?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

maybe lighten the Z06, give it a few exotic parts
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    I wish they would bring back pop-up headlights! I love those.
    You could have gotten a Trans Am instead of a Comaro

does anyone think that now that the c6 is making 430hp that they need to bump up the z06 a little bit?
    I don't think they need too, 500 hp is, well... 500 hp. Your Camaro and my RX7 both have over 300, and I'm sure you'd agree that is sick fast. 500 will always be plenty.

I am surprised they didn't though. I was expecting to hear "the LS7 gets direct injection for 09."

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    You could have gotten a Trans Am instead of a Comaro

I don't think they need too, 500 hp is, well... 500 hp. Your Camaro and my RX7 both have over 300, and I'm sure you'd agree that is sick fast. 500 will always be plenty.

I am surprised they didn't though. I was expecting to hear "the LS7 gets direct injection for 09."

No argument there about the 300+ being plenty fast. I just figure if im paying the premium for the z06 vs the c6 i want there to be a good size gap to justify the gap in price. 70 hp is a good gap, but not as good as 100hp. i was also expecting direct injection.

Someone earlier said they need to "lighten the z06 and add some exotic materials". The z06 has already been lightened quite a bit. I dont know all the materials they used but i do know for the floorboards they used balsa wood.

The biggest difference with the standard Vet is the Aluminum frame, parts of the body are carbon fiber - the rest of the body is made of a new super light weight space age material known as "Fiber Glass"

and balsa wood!!

In its defense, the balsa wood is sandwiched between layers of carbon fiber.

the looks are alright but sommehow they lost those amazing porportions in the c5-c6 transition. Yes I know the C6 has ben out for a while.

"Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

No argument there about the 300+ being plenty fast. I just figure if im paying the premium for the z06 vs the c6 i want there to be a good size gap to justify the gap in price. 70 hp is a good gap, but not as good as 100hp. i was also expecting direct injection.
    DI would be nice
    Someone earlier said they need to "lighten the z06 and add some exotic materials". The z06 has already been lightened quite a bit. I dont know all the materials they used but i do know for the floorboards they used balsa wood.
    i mean don't just use power to differentiate models, it all becomes a bit much.
    use aero design cues from the C6R etc, i don't know, something... differentiate it in other performance aspects; it's supposed to be a sports car after all..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i mean don't just use power to differentiate models, it all becomes a bit much.
    use aero design cues from the C6R etc, i don't know, something... differentiate it in other performance aspects; it's supposed to be a sports car after all..
    I see your point, and agree to an extent, but I think there is already plenty to differentiate. Keep in mind the target customer is a middle age upper middle class American male who may not even realize the C6R exist and is trying to compensate for a certain lack of endowment. Too much race inspired body work will scare him away.

Thread Information