Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should 'Quail buy Lotus Europa?

Two new updates on the 'Quail/Europa topic:

1. Quail's going to have to sell old Subaru before I can feasibly buy the Lotus.
    2. That child's not quite so hypothetical as he was two months ago.

The deal's not off yet. I've always wanted one, and now's the chance to make it mine. But it's more and more difficult (though totally not impossible for someone with 'Quail's imagination) to rationalize buying a fragile, expensive sportscar now that my wife's got something in her belly that's got a heartbeat.

I'm proud, confident and horrified in equal measure right now. I'm going to try and sell the Subaru regardless. It's been a stellar car, but I've learned all its tricks and, at the end of the day, I'm left wishing for something a bit more "special" than a big-tire, big power, big grip sort of car. I'm also wishing for about $16,000 cash to raise a kid with.

I've no interest in being the head of a family and making a local journalist's salary. It's time for 'Quail to sell out. I've got a few plans, and hopefully the one I pick will end with me buying a yacht with a jacuzzi on it — or at least enough money to pay the light and grocery bills.

It's all up in the air, but I still hope that my next post will be Europa Egg Nog
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    LQ, let me be the first UCP member to congratulate you on your coming child. This is great news, and I am happy for you even though you are a mysterious person over the internet waves that I will likely never see.

Mad props and respect - let's hope in 20 years form now that boy will be posting on this site along with his father - and let's hope that he has the same wit and humour.

Congrats again!

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    Two new updates on the 'Quail/Europa topic:

1. Quail's going to have to sell old Subaru before I can feasibly buy the Lotus.

The deal's not off yet. I've always wanted one, and now's the chance to make it mine. But it's more and more difficult (though totally not impossible for someone with 'Quail's imagination) to rationalize buying a fragile, expensive sportscar now that my wife's got something in her belly that's got a heartbeat.

I'm proud, confident and horrified in equal measure right now. I'm going to try and sell the Subaru regardless. It's been a stellar car, but I've learned all its tricks and, at the end of the day, I'm left wishing for something a bit more "special" than a big-tire, big power, big grip sort of car. I'm also wishing for about $16,000 cash to raise a kid with.

I've no interest in being the head of a family and making a local journalist's salary. It's time for 'Quail to sell out. I've got a few plans, and hopefully the one I pick will end with me buying a yacht with a jacuzzi on it — or at least enough money to pay the light and grocery bills.

It's all up in the air, but I still hope that my next post will be Europa Egg Nog
    Congrats any way...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Buy an M100 Elan instead. The best made Lotus ever and no slouch either. Rarer than the Europa too and a cabriolet too.

Thread Information