Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rebirth of North American open wheel racing

Rebirth of North American open wheel racing

IMSA to Sanction the Coooper Tires Presents the Atlantic Championship Powered by Mazda - 35th anniversary

June 23, 2008

The series uses a Swift Engineering chassis and a 300 hp Mazda-Cosworth engine.

Champ Car Atlantic News

Global Dental Concepts

:: IMSA - International Motor Sports Association ::
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Hey neat! Any North American racing that's not NASCAR is a step in the right direction! :P If they do a Pacific one, I feel like I should go if for nothing else than to show my partisan support.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Their biggest mistake is that IMSA Lites is such an unknown thing, even being a support series to ALMS.

IndyCar unification brings strong commercial first half

July 3, 2008

Motorsport.com: News channel

IndyCar.com
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Their biggest mistake is that IMSA Lites is such an unknown thing, even being a support series to ALMS.
    IMSA Lites is a great series for developing sportscar racers, so yeah, it's a shame it's so unknown. It's not like the IMSA GTP era...

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    IMSA Lites is a great series for developing sportscar racers, so yeah, it's a shame it's so unknown. It's not like the IMSA GTP era...
    I know what you mean a local south australian driver is dominating the series this year. He used to race Formula V, Saloon cars and finally he was driving the west here in Australia. He dominated the series here and has picked up a drive in the IMSA lites series. So far he is 2 for 2. Good seeing a local South Aussie doing well

Official Site :: Tom Drewer :: Australian Racing Driver :: American Le Mans IMSA Lites
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    I don't think it's the point of feeder series to be high profile.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    I don't think it's the point of feeder series to be high profile.
    GP2 is high profile

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    GP2 is high profile
    It is?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

At least GP2 is well-known and discussed, while IMSA Lites is completely silent. I've even heard more about that series using Mini cars which supported WTCC.

Turbos for 2011 IndyCar Series

The IRL is seeking to increase engine power from 650 horsepower to about 750.

The IRL's next roundtable meeting will be Sept. 16-17 at the Speedway. The event, like the initial one in June, will be closed to the public.

More than a dozen manufacturers attended the June meeting, and Brian Barnhart, president of the competition and operations divisions, has said he expects "three or four," including Honda, the only current participating manufacturer, to show serious interest and perhaps commit.

The league hopes to announce specifications in December so manufacturers have two years to design, build, test and mass produce the engines.

IndyCar to use turbos in 2011 | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

IndyCar.com

I'd like to see multiple chassis and tires.

I read that today actually - 4 or 6 cylinder turbos.

It'd be interesting to see multiple engines and chassis but I think it's kinda cool to see a major level spec series where the variables are less drastic - races in the IRL seem to be closer than say F1 or whatever and I know cautions have something to do with this but I suspect that the same chassis/engine/tires have something to do with this as well.

Thread Information