Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official ZR1 Ring Times!

Nuerburgring times are to sports/supercars what the HP wars were to the muscle/pony cars.

It's the best time to be obsessed with cars
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by P4g4nite View Post
    Has anyone but Clarkson driven the thing while it was in working order?

The GTR is something like $80k and the ZR1 is what, $100k? In my books that's sliding a little off the BFYB scale and into "expensive toy" territory.
    When clarkson drove the T1 it had a ton of problems. A floor panel came loose, there was a problem with the car's petrol injection system, a problem with the front suspension, and not to mention at goodwood the car's throttle got stuck wide open.

I believe in comparison to the greater stock car market the performance of these cars is remarkable compared to what it would take from other companies to get similar performance. One mild example is the 911 turbo which is 25k more than a ZR-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post
    The T1 has had quite a few problems. I don't know if they have done much to fix them, but I wouldn't be willing to take that risk if I had the money to buy one.
    It's British and handbuilt, what did you expect?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kidty
    And then the Spec V.

The dickwagging contest between Nissan and Chevrolet goes on.
    Aye the Spec V, then hopefully the C7 Vette will get out the gate before GM becomes a subsidiary of a Mexican shopping cart assembler or B) we run out of juice.
    Let the good times last forever or kill me before the end.
    When clarkson drove the T1 it had a ton of problems. A floor panel came loose, there was a problem with the car's petrol injection system, a problem with the front suspension, and not to mention at goodwood the car's throttle got stuck wide open.
    No degree of safety or reliability can compromise weight!
    I believe in comparison to the greater stock car market the performance of these cars is remarkable compared to what it would take from other companies to get similar performance. One mild example is the 911 turbo which is 25k more than a ZR-1.
    But Porsche aren't aiming for BFYB, they still use full steel in most cars but can afford to charge people whatever because they are Porsche and you won't find their badges on anything less than a pernis extender(excepting the GT3, which is one of the most marvelous mechanisms made IMO).
    Quote Originally Posted by King
    Lotus did alright didn't they? where are the screwed together these days?
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    that used to be a combination that guaranteed quality....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Viper007 View Post

YouTube - top gear Caparo T1
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

300 kg less than the GT-R , & with 150 Hp more

3 seconds faster

300 kg is a hell of a lot of weight that the tyres are not having to fight

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    300 kg less than the GT-R , & with 150 Hp more

3 seconds faster

300 kg is a hell of a lot of weight that the tyres are not having to fight
    I would take the posted times with a grain of salt though.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information