Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bentley Vs Rolls Royce!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Being a Roller you could probably have the bonnet in any material you like...
    In that case I'm ordering mine in cookie dough.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobPorsche View Post
    In that case I'm ordering mine in cookie dough.
    and adding to RobPorsche's post, i'll have an order of chocolate.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I like the Phantom family for what it is. They are big and imposing, with excellent attention to detail and they definitely have a sense of occasion. They also hide their BMW connection very well.

They are not my sort of car, but they are proper Rolls Royces.
    rolls for me also, the modern bentlys seem to be a VAG parts bin excercise where as the rolls is designed engineered and built as a proper rolls royce( no parts bin sharing!! ) perhaps even more so than the rolls royce's that were offer'd by Vickers before hand.

Quote Originally Posted by KEV1.3S View Post
    rolls for me also, the modern bentlys seem to be a VAG parts bin excercise where as the rolls is designed engineered and built as a proper rolls royce( no parts bin sharing!! ) perhaps even more so than the rolls royce's that were offer'd by Vickers before hand.
    oh yes, no parts bin sharing...except for the engines (both), the chassis (Ghost)...
    not saying the Phantom is an excellent car.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by cargirl1990 View Post
    and adding to RobPorsche's post, i'll have an order of chocolate.
    I'll take mine in paper mache.

Or I'll have mine made out of an engine - "Yo dawg I heard you like engines so we made your bonnet an engine so you can drive while you drive."
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    I'll take mine in paper mache.

Or I'll have mine made out of an engine - "Yo dawg I heard you like engines so we made your bonnet an engine so you can drive while you drive."
    or oragami.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    oh yes, no parts bin sharing...except for the engines (both), the chassis (Ghost)...
    not saying the Phantom is an excellent car.
    well no parts bin sharing with lesser models anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by byronleehk View Post
    Rolls Royce for their "class" but Bentley for their 'performance' (vs Rolls)

Gentlemen, the Bentley Hunaudieres:

Engine: 8-litre, 64-valve, 16-cylinder aluminum "W16" (4 rows of 4)
    Valvetrain: 4 valves / cylinder
    Displacement: 8004 cc / 488.4 cu in
    Power: 464.6 kw / 623.0 bhp @ 6000 rpm
    Torque: 760.6 nm / 560.9 ft lbs @ 4000 rpm
    hey, i can't help on thinking about this one.

since bentley and bugatti are owned by VW, is the engine from the bentley hunaudires the same as that found in the bugatti veyron? only without the turbos?
    Nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Edition View Post
    hey, i can't help on thinking about this one.

since bentley and bugatti are owned by VW, is the engine from the bentley hunaudires the same as that found in the bugatti veyron? only without the turbos?
    No, because while both were made out of two 15° V8', the Bentley has a 72° angle between the two engines, the Veyron has a 90° one.
    Then I may have found the wrong sources.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I've always been more of a Rolls-Royce guy. For a long time, the only difference between a Rolls and a Bentley was a slight difference in price and the fact that the Rolls had the nicer looking grill. Because of this, I could never understand why someone would want a Bentley. It seemed like "kissing your sister." Why spend $100,000 on a car with a cheaper grill when you can spend another $2,000 and have the ultimate? It just didn't make sense.

Of course, when you go all the way back to the roots of the two companies, you can see they have vastly different philosophies. The same thing shows through in the most current models. Total luxury with the Rolls-Royce, and luxury with spirited performance with the Bentley.

I guess I'm more of a purist, because if I had enough money to have exactly what I wanted, I'd buy a Rolls Royce for luxury and a Ferrari for sport. Bentleys are nice, but in my mind Ferrari is the ultimate sports car.

Bentley all the way: Style, class and performance, you can't go wrong with that package.

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln79 View Post
    I've always been more of a Rolls-Royce guy. For a long time, the only difference between a Rolls and a Bentley was a slight difference in price and the fact that the Rolls had the nicer looking grill. Because of this, I could never understand why someone would want a Bentley. It seemed like "kissing your sister." Why spend $100,000 on a car with a cheaper grill when you can spend another $2,000 and have the ultimate? It just didn't make sense.

Of course, when you go all the way back to the roots of the two companies, you can see they have vastly different philosophies. The same thing shows through in the most current models. Total luxury with the Rolls-Royce, and luxury with spirited performance with the Bentley.

I guess I'm more of a purist, because if I had enough money to have exactly what I wanted, I'd buy a Rolls Royce for luxury and a Ferrari for sport. Bentleys are nice, but in my mind Ferrari is the ultimate sports car.
    There's always the grand tourer, which tries to blend both speed and comfort. And some of them are quite good.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln79 View Post
    in my mind Ferrari is the ultimate sports car.
    I really like how you think .

That depends on the epoch. The Silver Ghost was really an achievement. W.O. Bentleys are unsurpassable in the 20's. I do love very much the Derby Bentleys but Phantoms II and III are the best looking cars ever made. I wouldn't reject a Bentley continental of the 50's for all of the money. Instead I hate the current rolls royce's and mulsannes...

Bentley for me. They are totally inverted snobery. You know what you have and the rest of the world is not quite sure. The current RR is just plain ugley. They have lost it. Bentley still have style.

Thread Information