Thread: Had a 250 km ride in a 430 Scuderia

Had a 250 km ride in a 430 Scuderia

So recently in Poland there was an event called GT Polonia. Google it or put it on youtube, however this pics will make let you know what's it about in short: http://www.autogespot.com/item/1929/combo-in-polen/and my pics from previous edition in 2007: RossoCorsa.pl - GT Polonia 2007

basically it's like there's a group of about 60 cars from Sweden (this year also from Poland, Germany and Ascari KZ1-R from Great Britain) going on 3-day long trackday on polish Lawica track in Poznan, partying and enjoying themselves. It's a closed even but had an invitation for third time in a row, representing press.

Cars from Sweden came by a ferry at Sopot, that is a polish city by the Baltic Sea. I've been there, following the cars with my colleauges on their road to Poznan. About 50 kms after departure I spotted some cars "pitted" at a gas station. I recognized my friend from the previous event there; he's a co-owner of Swedish Autoropa dealership. He came with a Scud this year. I saw he's got passenger's seat free so I asked him wether I can go with him all the way to Poznan and he didn't see any problem with that. Yeah you can imagine my joy I just left the keys to my car to my colleague and hopped in to the Scud.

We were going in group consisting of - two Scuderias, F430 Spider, Gallardo, Gallardo Superleggera, LP640, Carrera GT and new CL. The driver was really skilled and by no means saved the car - sometimes we were doing way above 250 km/h, hitted roadside and asphalt with the floor, done powerslides and doughnuts around some other gas station and in the city I had opportunity to ride few Ferraris so far and Scuderia is just awesome - suspension, traction, cornering, acceleration, engine work and sound and everything's better than anything I experienced. Will remember that ride for the rest of my life
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 cylinders or walk!

some more pics. hope you enjoyed it as much as i did
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by dydzi; 07-09-2008 at 03:34 PM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

Kurwa! Sounds like an awesome time.. in a Scuderia of all things.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

you have my unending and undying envy....
    The Datto will rage again...

wait i just want to say you probably had a blast but... doesnt hyper-athletic cars like the scuderia have back-breaking suspension? if so, 250 km on scuderia = fail imo.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Kurwa! Sounds like an awesome time.. in a Scuderia of all things.
    Kurwa....?

Wow, that's awesome!

Great to have such an opportunity.

What an experience!!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Kurwa....?
    It means f*ck in Polish.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

playing tag @255kph -autostrada evening- a fitting END

the autostrada- montecatini terme- bologna.. last leg of our MILLE MIGLIA luna di miele..
    19.nov.06 sophia- our grigio silverstone superamerica and an R-34 GTR...
    the conditions damp yet drying, and at around 200 fierce eyes and loomingly approaching was something i couldnt make out given i was driving AND SO signal flick right toggle down one cog and whoosh a black or blueblack R34... sweet, pathfinder. And so i give Sophia-the spurs- as by then she was at MILLE MIGLIA mileage from our Turnover thingie.. at around 3700 she'd cleared her throat- a warble then a growl and once set on her haunches we leaped and gave chase. The GTR passed us at 200 as if we were at 150. And for the life of me I couldnt figure out why itd like hit a wall at 255 move aside- i flick the hibeam grazie- and bring sophia up to around 275 indicated, before the damp road and the naggling thing whispering-carabinieri....s"*t forgot about them, lift off and the at around 210 whoooosh again it'd blow by me like a bat outta hell, only to then get stuck @255... step ASIDE my turn... so easy so civilized- so safe that we did this tagteam ballet for the next half hour and pretty much blew away everything in our wake including a e63 M6. Weve owned one for a half year and I knew that up to and until its limiter,it'd pretty much at least- on paper- keep up with everything. till then... The GTR would blow by it at 210 and id tuck in and by the time the r34 was at vmax and us taking sophia up to 280 before THE REALIZATION - of it being a FERRARI- almost at BOLOGNA--it wont matter. At that velocity you WILL GET FINED- MAJORLY.

Till this writing that has to be THE BEST 120 or so kilometers @speed in my life. A brother in arms; chariots on fire, great roads, comradely civilized driving, albeit spirited and swift. Great fun doing- ' the pathfinder shuffle'. If the Scuderia is even only 8/10ths of its HYPE which its not, its ALL ITS HYPED OUT TO BE --and Again-- the right time, at the right place, at the right season- ie autumn...and another MILLE MIGLIA drive about almost done-- ID go for VMAX on that great endrun into BOLOGNA. AT WARP SPEED-- the worst that could happen accidents aside is a flagdown a verbal thrashing and a document 'harrasment punishment'--a sermon.... both stern & animated as only the Italians can do without even sounding rude or menacing... itd be WORTH IT.

Ive taken our late GT3 mk1 and our 996tt here south of manila up to 304kph - and 295kph respectively yet those forays to the nether regions were ephmeral. And at best last for 3min, 5min. before the lack of road and SCHIZOID road habits here immediately evoke fear and not at all fun. Youre wide-eyed; cotton mouthed;-adrenalin zinged--so alive and yet not happy or even smiling.

THE HALF HOUR playing tag was so much fun that only when the R34 went lights full on then flicker bidding us adieu, even as MADAME X's graphics suddenly lit up, as -she reminded us with just a wee bit of disdain that we'd be approaching our exit in the next 15 minutes.

Only after checking out my tattered EVO83 issue did i realize THAT it WAS the R34's- VMAX...pretty much gear limited. On one of his whooshes; even as i moved aside i gave sophia free reign and from 210 to 255 it easily kept up albeitat a decreasing rate till VMAXWALL--. WE took turns being pathfinder and wingman till BOLOGNA. Only when our Via Michelin satnav MADAME X reminding- tagentiale was looming-- did my MATE PEEL OFF __with a flourish and AT FULL CHAT UP THE OFF-RAMP...did i realize that we were almost done.. The remaining fifteen minutes into centro and the Grand Baglione AND with three bars left on the fuel read-out... that started at FULL--did it ALL SINK IN-.. HERES HOPING THAT --I find my fellow gearhead here at ultimatecarpage.com so--HE CAN SAY HERE HERE-- AND PLAN- ITS REDUX.
    'allora...the older I got the faster I was... or uhhhm... the faster i was- the older i got'
    -nuts gotta have 'em-...there is no substitute...

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    250 km on scuderia = fail imo.
    just leave. please.

Thread Information