Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ups and downs of an N13 Pulsar?

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Me.Want.Now.
    same surely it will fit in a mini
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

If the Manatee fits in a mini, that donk should surely require no lubrication to fit.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    they go really well

with this fitted
    What wouldn't?

-Is that the Pulsar GTi-R engine?
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

NEO VVL with trumpets?! *insert pants explosion picture*
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Like thats ever gonna become a reality

Personally I'd rather the hemi-head Renault over a Family II codpiece, but maybe thats just me

Quote Originally Posted by sproggly View Post
    I had one for about five years with ca16de engine. took it from 200 to 285 ks. dunno if it had cambelt done at 200k not by me anway. alternator died. plastic radiator tank cracked. replaced two thermostats. electric window regulators frayed. headlight dip switch and engine temp sensor harness corroded occasionally simple clean to fix.

pulsar forums, zxoc and nissanexa.com are good for advice diy repairs.
    Oh dear. Well that is bad news. I think I'll find a younger one then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra View Post
    at that many kays, id knock him down $1000.

heaps of private N13s with 250k on them privately for 2k.
    It's got a 10 stack CD player. It's in good condition too. I'd say that explains the price.
    Me.Want.Now.

TIK, is it specifically an N13 youre after or did this one just pop up? Yeah theyre a good car, but what are you mainly after?
    Yep, an N13. I've found they're the best looking car in my sub-$3000 range, and have a very good reputation among everyone I ask. I was looking for one and I found this, and I'm still looking for a better one.
    All about the t-tops

Our N13's dont have a Nissan engine, so some of the faults sproggly mentioned might not be applicable. Theyve got the GM Family 2 engine which yeah means theyre pretty reliable but neither the performance or economy are all that great. I get 10L/100km out of mine and the power/weight is 33% worse than a Falcadore, which you could also pick up something 90-95 for under $3K if you wanted to take a small hit on the economy.
    I am the Stig

I picked up a 92 Mazda 323 Astina for 2.2k on the weekend. 230kays grandpa spec (including rear sunscreen)
    The Datto will rage again...

I'm looking at a few cars in the sub 2500 category at the moment too.

Subaru Fiori - for schnitzngigglez - is at the top of my list.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

From a dealership thats pretty cheap (plenty of $3K+ N13's advertised on the net) but i'd assume its been knocked down a bit because of the mileage. Look at private sales though, i picked up mine for $1500 with 167K's and it was advertised at $1650.

Any other questions, i'm happy to answer as well.
    thats pretty cheap.I always thought cars were cheaper here in NZ than in Aus (except for holdens and fords).Ive always wanted a pulsar but one here with the same amount of ks as yours would be askin for around $2800- $3500!

Cars would only be cheaper in NZ depending on where theyve come from. Generally though, 2 things of equal value would be worth more NZ dollars than AUS dollars.
    I am the Stig

but we get more varietys of jappas here in NZ

I wouldent pay over $1500 for one even a turbo one in good condition they also have a breather ontop of the motor that has a bad habit of clogging up (go to a holden dealership and tell then you have an astra of the same year model theyll know the part) expect dull performance from an ageing gm motor and service it excessivly and it will last a hell of a long time.

Look up the HSV sv1800 (im sure it is my memorys fadeing youll get a plesent suprise as to what holden tryed to pass off as a HSV lol bloody thing was a bumper and a sticker not even turbo.

Also funny story a friend of mine had a n13 turbo which he wrapped the crap out of and one day the wastegate stuck open which caused the boost gauge to loop around twice and in the process made the sound of a jet taking off! needless to say no sooner had it happened then it suddenly stopped with a very large cloud of smoke billowing out from it....needless to say it never got the chance to do it again. A rough estimate says it went up to about 40psi before is expiry date showed up.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information