Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drag Racing: A First Timer's Impressions

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    Good work mate your reaction times got quicker but what the f#ck happened on the last run ? Were you having a sleep
    No idea. I think I missed shift right at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    They let you drag in Jeans?

Still, job well done
    Those are kevlar lined jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    My older brother's taken his bike to the strip a few times over the years as well, and had the same problems with keeping the front grounded. I cant remember if it was his 600 or 750 Ninja that he did it in though.
    It's just so grippy that unless you've got a 250 or something really long and low, it's going to be picking up the front.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

A little hint for drag racing and reacting to the lights. If you wait for the green to come its to late. Nail it on the lasst yellow depending on what kind of tree you guys run. If they all light up and then green Ive never raced on one like that.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

Drag Rcing is great fun, looks like you had alot of fun running it too....nice times for your 1st time....what do you think about the NHRA only racing 1000ft instead of a 1/4 mile??? Me personally, I dont like it, but the cars are so fast now, and to many ppl are losing there lives, I guess something had to be done....
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    Drag Rcing is great fun, looks like you had alot of fun running it too....nice times for your 1st time....what do you think about the NHRA only racing 1000ft instead of a 1/4 mile??? Me personally, I dont like it, but the cars are so fast now, and to many ppl are losing there lives, I guess something had to be done....
    I personally think its the NHRA's fault. The track he died at wasnt a nice track by any stretch of the imagnation. Ive raced at one of the nicest tracks in the US though.
    UCP biggest mustang lover

i thought about taking the beemer there to settle some things with some people... you know, like the gentlemen do it. i think i could get a high 14. never know though.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440 View Post
    I personally think its the NHRA's fault. The track he died at wasnt a nice track by any stretch of the imagnation. Ive raced at one of the nicest tracks in the US though.
    Well Scott Kalitta death was a tragedy, and when I saw the video, I couldn't believe the sand trap that was at that track...Now I grew up watching and attending many Drag races and I have never in my life seen a car hit a concrete barrier at the end of a sand trap...I mean thats crazy!!! I just dont understand why they let them race with a track like that??? I mean how many Funny Cars drivers have blow up, couldnt pull the shutes, and still lived??? Alot of drivers have lived, and Scott maybe would have too, if the track had a better Sand trap for the races...Idk what NHRA was thinking....

You say you have raced on one of the best tracks in the USA, what is it??? I see you live in Ohio, so is it Norwalk or Columbus??? Ive been to both tracks at NHRA events and I really love the Norwalk track...very very nice.
    Oo____oO GT-R

i do agree, there should be (are?) standards for a race track and they need to be enforced.
    Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    i thought about taking the beemer there to settle some things with some people... you know, like the gentlemen do it. i think i could get a high 14. never know though.
    what, pistols at dawn?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

i like the radiator (oil cooler?) thing, looks mean.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

It might just be a reflection but your helmet visor looks a little fogged up. Lol.

Stop breathing fool, that should solve the moisture issue
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Also try looking at the start lights. It helps you see them go green!
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

A little hint for drag racing and reacting to the lights. If you wait for the green to come its to late. Nail it on the lasst yellow depending on what kind of tree you guys run. If they all light up and then green Ive never raced on one like that.
    Full tree= Yellows go on one at a time, usually a .500 second gap inbetween.
    Pro tree= Yellows go on at the same time, usually a .400 second gap between the yellow and green.

Cool beans tho on your times. Tryin to find out how to react in your vehicle takes a while. I ran a 17.10@ 80mph with my gmc, ballztothewallz.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Thread Information