Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1924 Hispano-Suiza H6C Tulip Wood Torpedo

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Isn't the Blackhawk Collection owned by Don Williams?
    no, its a non-profit corporation. and as chutetogether said, it was the collection of Ken Behring before he died.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

cmcpokey: When did Behring die? I wasn't aware that he did and I couldn't find mention of it in a google search.

And for Wouter as an FYI - cmcpokey is right about the ownership of the collection. Behring had a collection of approx 400 cars which were donated as part of the museum effort. He maintained access to the collection for rotating them out and having them for personal/private display at his home. About a year after my initial visit to the house, I was offered the chance to go back but had a scheduling conflict. I was upset about that because I wanted to see what cars may have been at the house at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by chutetogether View Post
    cmcpokey: When did Behring die? I wasn't aware that he did and I couldn't find mention of it in a google search.

And for Wouter as an FYI - cmcpokey is right about the ownership of the collection. Behring had a collection of approx 400 cars which were donated as part of the museum effort. He maintained access to the collection for rotating them out and having them for personal/private display at his home. About a year after my initial visit to the house, I was offered the chance to go back but had a scheduling conflict. I was upset about that because I wanted to see what cars may have been at the house at that time.
    yeah, i can't find anything about it either. i thought i had read that. my in-laws live in danville, so i've read a bunch on the area. but i guess i am mistaken.

i would kill to go to his house. amazing place by the pics ive seen of it.

couple new ones
    Attached Images Attached Images

Royce-Hispano

Quote Originally Posted by twincam View Post
    Happy to oblige. I'll start a new thread and post some more pics later today
    Have you got any further news/pix from "twincam" R-H Special?

Quote Originally Posted by Manel Baró View Post
    Have you got any further news/pix from "twincam" R-H Special?
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...e-hispano.html

Many thanks!
    A trully example of brain and passion. A pleassure to watch. What a experience must be wheeling her on a country backroad.
    Hats-off to their creators!.

Quote Originally Posted by zoombie View Post
    Thank you so much for those pics... Does anyone know where i can get more pics ? particularly on how the wheels and tires are connected to the chassis ?
    Also, anyone knows is dimensions ? Length ? width ??
    i'm trying to build a scale model of this but i havent very much information due to this being the only car and its in a museum you can't even take a shot at the dashboard...
    ohh there is a 1/24 scale of this by franklin mint, if anyone have one could you take some pics for me
    I look after an exact copy of this car built on a 1924 H6C chassis, the body is constructed from Peruvian Mahogany with 15,702 copper riviets holding it together! The wheels are mounted on a single central spline. Would be happy to supply pics if anyone still needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnation View Post
    I look after an exact copy of this car built on a 1924 H6C chassis, the body is constructed from Peruvian Mahogany with 15,702 copper riviets holding it together! The wheels are mounted on a single central spline. Would be happy to supply pics if anyone still needs them.
    Welcome to UCP. Yes, shots would be nice. When was the copy made and by whom? Is it a regular at car shows?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Incarnation View Post
    Very impressive. I would second the 'more pictures' statement

Thread Information