Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: HSV W427: Australia's First Supercar?

Quote Originally Posted by creature01 View Post
    how can you think that an f6 will spank it? it's not overpriced. it's a lot cheaper than some other cars of its calibre. compare:

HSV W427: 7.0 L V8, 375 kw, 250 km/h (limited; probably capable of more without limiter)

F6: 4.0 L turbo six, 310 kw, 250 km/h (limited; possibly capable of more without limiter)

so it's a draw! hsv wins with power, but it's a tie with top speed. and what do u mean, "under 10 grand"? if you mean price, you're way off the mark.
    F6's are already pulling 4.9's for 0-100km/h compared to 4.7 for the W427. An ECU flash and decent tyres wont cost more than $10K....
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    F6's are already pulling 4.9's for 0-100km/h compared to 4.7 for the W427. An ECU flash and decent tyres wont cost more than $10K....
    Taboo subject there mate your knocking the king of the commadores there...Like how cranky they used to get when you said the 427 monaro wasnt going to get built or you pointed out the group A was kinda ordinary and not worth near 70k in 91.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

The new F6s are getting into a 12.1 with just a tune and drag radials..makes 307rwkw @ 14psi (stock is 13.3 psi), the 0-100km/h time would be in the low 4s.... Tune is 800 and tyres the same, very impressive and makes the 427 seem a bit silly really at 150k and the 427 if fugly

FG F6 1/4mile run - Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

quoted from ls1 forums.

Great result!
    [email protected] Mph.
    Completely stock aside from a tune and MT's

tuned by Elite performance
    Last edited by charged; 10-03-2008 at 11:10 PM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    I wouldn't call the GT-R or F430 supercars either - despite their impressive capabilities.
    Yeah... I can understand that you can't consider the GT-R a supercar... It's a car for the geeks... There so much computers in it...

But the F430... is a supercar but a lower performance supercar... However the 430 Scuderia is in a different level, it's a "HYPERCAR"...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    ... However the 430 Scuderia is in a different level, it's a "HYPERCAR"...
    how do you figure that?
    stripped out supercar for the track...
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

$10,000 on a SV6, And I'll **** all your supercars up.

440kw .. Not a typo thats 440kw lol. Hows that for under 50k.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    $10,000 on a SV6, And I'll **** all your supercars up.

440kw .. Not a typo thats 440kw lol. Hows that for under 50k.
    The big question slick is how long will it last mate not the cost, need a link to the engine..... Im thinking, modded ecu, big inj, fuel pump and a big turbo with f@#ck all else

yep sound impressive except the tune on the sv6 will end up with a crank through the sump and conrods poking ou the block, plus the brakes on the sv6 shouldnt be on a go cart let alone a car...... and dont get me started on the fe2

Give me a lightly boosted conservative tune any day..... any monkey can get big numbers it how long it lasts that counts.

PS Slick you know cooneys from sa , so you cant claim him
    Last edited by charged; 10-04-2008 at 05:23 AM.
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

Quote Originally Posted by charged View Post
    The big question slick is how long will it last mate not the cost, need a link to the engine..... Im thinking, modded ecu, big inj, fuel pump and a big turbo with f@#ck all else

yep sound impressive except the tune on the f6 will no end up with a crank through the sump and conrods poking ou the block, plus the brakes on the sv6 shouldnt be on a go cart let alone a car...... and dont get me started on the fe2

The SV6 is designed for v8 wannabes that cant afford the pricetag.... thanks but no thanks
    If your like that about fe2 id hate to see what your opinion of the base suspension is lol.

But your not wrong sv6s are little more then crap warmed up (sorry slick) its take a base XT over one to be honest.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

yep sound impressive except the tune on the sv6 will end up with a crank through the sump and conrods poking ou the block, plus the brakes on the sv6 shouldnt be on a go cart let alone a car...... and dont get me started on the fe2

Give me a lightly boosted conservative tune any day..... any monkey can get big numbers it how long it lasts that counts.

i'd spend the extra money on the base vehicle and be throwing the $10k at the SS ..

probably not on the engine though... sorting out suspension and wieght reduction
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The new F6s are getting into a 12.1 with just a tune and drag radials..makes 307rwkw @ 14psi (stock is 13.3 psi), the 0-100km/h time would be in the low 4s.... Tune is 800 and tyres the same, very impressive and makes the 427 seem a bit silly really at 150k and the 427 if fugly

FG F6 1/4mile run - Australian LS1 and Holden Forums
    Well that 4.9s time came from NZ Autocar, who pulled the time at the non-rubbered up end of a dragstrip with GPS timing. FPV and Ford are really killing themselves with those shitty Dunlops and keeping 245 profile rears when theyre pumping out 310kw+. You have to wonder how close an F6 would get to a W427 just with some 275/285's on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart
    However the 430 Scuderia is in a different level, it's a "HYPERCAR"...
    I can hear Captain Kirk in his 430 Scuderia now:

"Warp 5 Scotty!"
    I am the Stig

Well that 4.9s time came from NZ Autocar, who pulled the time at the non-rubbered up end of a dragstrip with GPS timing. FPV and Ford are really killing themselves with those shitty Dunlops and keeping 245 profile rears when theyre pumping out 310kw+. You have to wonder how close an F6 would get to a W427 just with some 275/285's on the back.
    245's??? jesus.. i suppose it's fine for most everyday users. is it hard to fit wider wheels onto the falcon?
    hell, i'm running 255's for only 190kw

I think i beat that with 195's for 79kw Damn rear struts stop me going any wider unless i go 17 inch.

Its not particularly hard to fit wider rims/tyres. They cant go too much more inboard, but theres nothing stopping them reducing the offset and going deep dish with some arch flares.
    I am the Stig

well they're big cars already, i can only imagine the parking issues if they throw flares on them

haha, i think the mini is 165's for 57kw entirely adequate lol.. GT3 uses 295's for 280kw, and yet holden/ford is still using 245's on 310kw as you say

This is a supercharger kit from Capa, I still think they done a typo error on the 440, Think they mean 440hp.

Coons is our boy now, You can't have him.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    well they're big cars already, i can only imagine the parking issues if they throw flares on them

haha, i think the mini is 165's for 57kw entirely adequate lol.. GT3 uses 295's for 280kw, and yet holden/ford is still using 245's on 310kw as you say
    I got 225 on the VP 127kw, And only 215 on the VT 147kw..

I think HSV use 275 or 285 now on the rear?.

Thread Information