Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schumacher crashes Ferrari road car prototype

Schumacher crashes Ferrari road car prototype

News » Blog Archive » Michael Schumacher crashes Ferrari road car prototype
    In this article is said that Schumi was driving, but at finnish website story was told differently. Parently Schumacher was passenger in the car and it was driven by Raffaele de Simone Ferrari testdriver. Don't know what's the true story.

i hate it when a car crash is made a bigger deal because a celebrity was in it

i hate celebrities
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Meh I guess he's not the wet weather driver people think he is.

Why was he driving a f430 scuderia prototype?
    You can call me scott.

That's why they test these things.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    Meh I guess he's not the wet weather driver people think he is.
    when he goes off, it will probably happen at a time when the ordinary fat-wallet people who buy such a car will have already trashed it three times. Even Ferrari has to look for limits however...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    i hate it when a car crash is made a bigger deal because a celebrity was in it

i hate celebrities
    No, I'd rather they crash it than I crash it for some random mechanical failure. Having a celebrity racing driver in the vicinity of the car makes it even better, because I'm sure he values his life too. If it all goes well, it should be a (somewhat) more reliable product when the rich people get a chance to buy it then.

Edit- And, I was hoping for some pictures to see the distruction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    Why was he driving a f430 scuderia prototype?
    Maybe it's testmule for future model.

Quote Originally Posted by ErWin76 View Post
    Maybe it's testmule for future model.
    yeah, unless they are going crazy and making a special edition of an already special edition. but I'm with you.
    You can call me scott.

It was a 430 Scuderia, but it wasn't Michael Schumacher driving it. It was in fact test driver Raffaele de Simone, Ferrari confirmed.

Oh and source.

The European press is much more scathing than the American press. There, I've said it, and as a member of the American press I hope it's understood.

Michael Schumacher crashed a Ferrari on a racetrack. Oh, dear; can he ever survive THIS?

All real men, even 'Quail, crash a sportscar from time to time. Top-flight drivers tend to live through them these days, much to the chagrin of the sporting press, seemingly.

Is the Public Relations penalty (read: 4-alarm, piss-your-pants glee-fest) that Schumacher has experienced over the last few days a function of how safe cars are? Should he have died for it?

What 'Quail's getting at is, if it was 65 years ago and Michael Schumacher had crashed a Ferrari 250 GTO and been killed... would he be a villain or a hero?

Even Steve McQueen admitted to carrying his toddler son on his lap as he drove a Porsche 917K around Le Mans and I don't even think we need to consider the Gladiators who drove around the now-infamous Brooklands bowl in their supercharged Specials.

There's a great disconnect between the stolid British/European understanding of motor racing and the understanding that this American dares to call the "real man's" understanding of the sport.

True, American racing doesn't have the panache of European racing, but the danger has survived intact, as has the romanticism.

Dale (****ing) Earnhardt died because he didn't care to strap himself into the "newfangled" HANS device.

'Quail respects that decison. It's a shame that, after tumbling ass-first and end-over-end through the infield so many times he died from a crash that looked like something 'Quail's kid sister might have done, but 'Quail understands that the principles of Newton still apply, and how lethal they remain to this day...

Point is, further, that damaged or destroyed cars are par for the course, even with the most experienced hands (Anybody more experienced than Schumacher?) at the wheel, provided that they keep Pushing.

UCP member 'Quail has crashed a sportscar or two; it's part of 'Quail's mystique: if you aren't running over any cones or hitting any pine trees, then maybe you're not going fast enough. Death is the wages of Speed. In truly fast cars Fools are caught out quickly. The talented last longer, but given a long enough timeframe, we'll all ask that bit too much from our brakes and/or tires, and we'll all be spat into the weeds for it — if we keep pushing.

Surely 'Quail, this backwood, hillbilly über-amateur racing driver with no actual laps under his belt can't understand this as well as the rest of you? So Schumacher crashed a Ferrari prototype: Big ****ing Deal.

He lived, didn't he?

EDIT: Reading the above, wow, how clumsy. Oh well, what the hell.
    Last edited by LandQuail; 07-30-2008 at 02:34 AM.
    I'm erudite ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by LandQuail View Post
    EDIT: Reading the above, wow, how clumsy. Oh well, what the hell.
    Your point still stands.

Excellent post as ususal.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Ferrari is now saying Schumacher wasn't at the wheel when the 430 Scuderia test mule was stuffed into the guard rail. Ferrari claims it was test driver Raffaele de Simone at the wheel, with Schumacher in the passenger seat.

Story here: F1 : Ferrari insists Schu did not crash test car - FERRARI - F1-Live.com

Cheers,
    Madman of the People

Not the best week for Schumacher, first the ferrari crash and now he have hit a guy with Fiat Ducato van in Kent.
    Michael Schumacher ran me over... in a van - mirror.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by ErWin76 View Post
    Not the best week for Schumacher, first the ferrari crash and now he have hit a guy with Fiat Ducato van in Kent.
    Michael Schumacher ran me over... in a van - mirror.co.uk
    Ferrari will do anything to wipe out McLaren fans...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thread Information