Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 Grand Sport 2009-

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Isn't this just the long awaited and highly anticipated Veyron Roadster? Why Grand Sport?
    it's a targa, not a roadster.
    But I'm wondering on the name too, even because the first thing that comes trough my mind is "Maserati", but maybe it's the name of another old Bugatti, I actually need to check.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I think they aren't two Audi's V8 but 4 VW's GTI engines...I'm serious
    Serious...but wrong. It's a pair of W8 motors.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Serious...but wrong. It's a pair of W8 motors.
    well, V8
    but a V8 is easily built pairing two in-line 4
    btw, there isn't an engine in VW line-up with such bore and stroke.

well, V8
    but a V8 is easily built pairing two in-line 4
    btw, there isn't an engine in VW line-up with such bore and stroke.
    In this case though, it's built with 4 VR4s. Whether those VR4s are related to to the Golf's I4 I did not find out.

EDIT: What exactly was the motivation for VAG to make such a complicated and expensive enigne? Was it just packaging? Wouldn't a V12 been much much easier to design and much much cheaper to build and ultimately a more sound design?
    Last edited by Kitdy; 08-02-2008 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    In this case though, it's built with 4 VR4s. Whether those VR4s are related to to the Golf's I4 I did not find out.
    this engine isn't built using other engines already existing. it's bore and stroke are unique in VW product range and the required quality, performance and reliability prevent them from simply "tuning" other engine.
    both a double V8 or a quad I4 are made with pretty standard engines which weren't developed thinking about such a thermal stress for example.
    I just was "seriously" kidding.

I think I read, possibly on this forum that they are having trouble selling the run of 300 and need to make up a bunch of variations to create interest and manage to sell out the run.

What exactly is the point of Bugatti in VAG? I doesn't make money and I don't think it brings any noticeable prestige to the group.

EDIT: Here's an interesting article I found while looking for the profitability of Bugatti.
    Well I think they built up so much hype when the original came out that when they made the first special edition, all that hype dropped. We can only take so many special editions.

I think they aren't two Audi's V8 but 4 VW's GTI engines...I'm serious

Well, up to know they sold 220 of 300 cars, with this "exclusive" version they will go very close to the total run so I guess they will come out with another "limited edition" like a "sang rouge" with the bodywork completely covered with rust, and then no more Veyron !!!

the end is near....
    That's a double negative almost. Sang is already red. It's blood in French.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Isn't this just the long awaited and highly anticipated Veyron Roadster? Why Grand Sport?
    They ran out of interesting names.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    That's a double negative almost. Sang is already red. It's blood in French.
    I know, I studied French (a long time ago9 and it's quite similar to Italian "sangue", but I was sarcastic

Yet another reason why it can be reasoned that the McLaren F1 is a greater supercar; when they made additions and improvements to the car, they were noticeable LM had more wings, the GTR had that bodykit, etc not just a removable roof and a new paint job. The same can be said for Koeniggsegg although a lot of their models look similar but are usually powered differently.

I think I read, possibly on this forum that they are having trouble selling the run of 300 and need to make up a bunch of variations to create interest and manage to sell out the run.

What exactly is the point of Bugatti in VAG? I doesn't make money and I don't think it brings any noticeable prestige to the group.

EDIT: Here's an interesting article I found while looking for the profitability of Bugatti.
    You'd have to ask Ferdinand Piech that question, since I believe the creation of the Veyron was due to him. And with Porsche now controlling VAG, it'll be a wonder to see if he'll keep pushing it, or let the Veyron fade away.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    You'd have to ask Ferdinand Piech that question, since I believe the creation of the Veyron was due to him. And with Porsche now controlling VAG, it'll be a wonder to see if he'll keep pushing it, or let the Veyron fade away.
    Fade away most probably. Because within the PVAG there's no room for any other Bugatti's without overlap from other brands of the group. That and the fact that they are losing a massive amount of money with each produced.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Fade away most probably. Because within the PVAG there's no room for any other Bugatti's without overlap from other brands of the group. That and the fact that they are losing a massive amount of money with each produced.
    if Bugatti will continue creating cars losing a massive amount of money, they aren't going to overlap nothing...
    I think there's room for Bugatti in the new family, they Veyron is actually a stand alone product and they could continue in this way, but I also think that this kind of product is going to loose it appeal quite fast. while on the other hand, yes, creating something more" usual" would eventually overlap other brands such Bentley and Lamborghini.
    There's a future for the Bugatti brand even with Porsche, but it's even more difficult than creating the Veyron itself.

Well with Bentley making luxury cars, Lamborghini supercars and Porsche sportcars, SUVs and sports saloons I don't know what could really Bugatti do that isn't already done by some of their brands.

And another Veyron like car is going to be a huge money loser.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Well with Bentley making luxury cars, Lamborghini supercars and Porsche sportcars, SUVs and sports saloons I don't know what could really Bugatti do that isn't already done by some of their brands.

And another Veyron like car is going to be a huge money loser.
    they could built cars as Pagani for example, and it wouldn't be a great problem with porsche since the create a new supercar every 20 years.
    whoever is the owner of Bugatti, IMO they should create a supercar or even more models, in a very few units, at prices between 500k and 1 million euro. they should be all about customer's desires and not about technical supremacy or the top of performance as it is right now. they idea to use it as a coach builder is good but I don't know how large such a market could be. they could use models from bentley and lamborghini as base models, for example.

Would a Bugatti super sedan make any money I wonder?

I have an inkling that Porsche is right in pulling the plug on this project from a fiscal point of view.

Thread Information