Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ALMS: 4 hour Generac 500 at Road America Aug 9

ALMS: Elkhart Lake In-Car Helmet Cam, Adrian Fernandez
    Take a ride around the fastest race track the American Le Mans Series visits with Lowe's driver Adrian Fernandez.
    ALMS: Elkhart Lake In-Car Helmet Cam, Adrian Fernandez - Brightcove
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

fastest you mean the top speed wise right? I think Mosport is still faster on lap average speed....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    fastest you mean the top speed wise right? I think Mosport is still faster on lap average speed....
    I don't have the figures in front of me, but Michelin had them posted and RA was 2mph faster than Mosport for avg speed.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: So when you say psychosomatic, you mean like he could start a fire with his thoughts?

Road America Race Gallery

SPEEDtv.com - Gallery
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by MPME; 08-11-2008 at 10:20 AM.

almost even....Road America was faster last year...

http://www.americanlemans.com/assets/pdfs/circuits.pdf

ever radar gun the car at the end of the Andretti straight? I wonder how fast the car gets to that point from turn 5(b).....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

almost even....Road America was faster last year...

http://www.americanlemans.com/assets/pdfs/circuits.pdf

ever radar gun the car at the end of the Andretti straight? I wonder how fast the car gets to that point from turn 5(b).....
    Cool. I'll try to bring the radar gun again. Not sure if/how many people give a fart about radar info, but I'll try to capture the data you've requested!

that will be awesome....it sucks I can't go this year, first time I am missing the race since 2001....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by MPME View Post
    Road America Race Gallery

SPEEDtv.com - Gallery
    Nice shots my friend. Did you hire someone to take them?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Nice shots my friend. Did you hire someone to take them?
    Yes--some guy nicknamed 'Tokai' shot them for me.

The race was very good.

All the cautions took fuel worries out of the game.

The F430's did well against the RSR's...too bad Salo threw it away on the last lap...but that is a trademark of their(Risi's) whole 2008 ALMS season.

Penske surprisingly wasn't much of a factor.

Nice battling between the Audi drivers...especially in the first laps.

so whats up in the RS Spyder land? The rise of the Acura ARX-01b seems to taken the shine of Porsche's P2 car in ALMS. All 4 Acuras are trading fast laps and such in the last few races where the Penske(even with the new DI engine) is not running up there, and the "dated" Dyson model is sadly a non-factor again....(really feel for those guys, its as if they might've been better to stay with their Lola....now it always feels like they are racing with a hand tied behind their back....).

Any more news with regards to the whereabout of Acura's P1 car, not that they need it for ALMS, but if they were to go for Le Mans....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

so whats up in the RS Spyder land? The rise of the Acura ARX-01b seems to taken the shine of Porsche's P2 car in ALMS. All 4 Acuras are trading fast laps and such in the last few races where the Penske(even with the new DI engine) is not running up there, and the "dated" Dyson model is sadly a non-factor again....(really feel for those guys, its as if they might've been better to stay with their Lola....now it always feels like they are racing with a hand tied behind their back....).

Any more news with regards to the whereabout of Acura's P1 car, not that they need it for ALMS, but if they were to go for Le Mans....
    The word I got was that the Penske cars were leaned all the way out and trying to stretch their fuel windows to take full advantage of the DI's economy. It was a strategy call that was killed with all of the yellows. Had it been mostly green, they'd have leapfrogged to the front at the end.

I thought it was too early for them to start getting smart with their strategy--the cars handled incredibly but were slow on the many long straights. It's rare for them to be so wrong...

I guess that was a steep learning curve for Penske and the new engine.

I bet that won't happen again...they are strategy kings.

I am also guess with the normally aspirated engine like the 3.4 liter P2s, the DI has less of a flexibility compare to the Turbo 3.6 P1 like the R8's. It does make it more drivable and such but since the small motor relies purely on rev, if you don't thrash it you will not be getting the most out of those....
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Audi confirmed the fuel reg changes added 4 seconds to their stops. It's safe to assume to bump from 81L to 85L wasn't the main reason for the slower stop.

Thread Information