Thread: In progess: NISMO R33 GT-R LM Road Car

In progess: NISMO R33 GT-R LM Road Car

To my knowledge Nissan only made one of the road going 1995 Skyline R33 versions of the Le Mans racer. Pictures are scarce of the car, especially detail shots.

I began with Tamiya's Clarion R33 LM kit and robbing some parts from the their road car R33 kit. I am not replicating it 100%...for one thing I'd have to do a full roof transplant with the road car kit to get the stock window config. Parts I can use which are more feasible are the interior bits, rear spoiler, exhaust and side mirrors.

Another change I am making is to the more common TE-37 rims. I'll probably add NISMO stripes too since the car is a bulky silver thing.

The body work involved for the conversion includes reconstructing the side skirt where the race car has side exit exhaust. Also the rear deck lid had two Naca ducts which had to be filled as well as the dry-break fuel filler. The brake cooling scoops on each side had to be molded in too.

On the front of the car the race versions radiator openings were more closed so I had to open those up and add some styrene in a spot or two. That about takes care of the body other than priming and coating in Nissan's Liquid Aluminum silver.

Link to real car:
    1995 Nissan Skyline R33 GT-R LM Road - Images, Specifications and Information
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great Work & a Great Car...I cant believe someone else hasnt gave you props yet on your work...anyway very good, IDK how you do it.
    Oo____oO GT-R

Thanks for the progress pictures!

I've been requesting them for your projects for a while now. Makes it that much cooler to have seen that the car went through so much change.

Here's the interior from the road car kit. Just keeping it simple with seats from Z33.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information