Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin One-77 2012

the two shots from AM are very badly done photoshops, I wouldn't have released those.
    I like how the set up the engine bay and the whole solution of the suspensions, even if they are a little too high for the sake of the CG (not that this car is going to be a lightweight track killer).
    I still like it, especially under its bodywork, wonderfully executed, as pagani, with a lot of attention payed both to the technical part and to the look of the components, even those not supposed to be seen very often.

is it worth the price?
    much more than a Reventòn, if you ask me. this at least has a brand new chassis, a new engine and so no, the Reventòn just had a new bodywork, as this too.
    you could say the Reventòn looks better, subjective, so I'm not using that aspect for judging the car.
    As even Bugatti charges you with more money for a different color, maybe this and the Lamborghini are worth the money, but personally I bet this are a good example of cash cows, as the 612 Sessanta was for Ferrari.
    personally I would go for it, given the money, and given a good possibility to personalize the car as advertised during the two videos released a couple of months ago.

now this should just prove to be even worth to be driven, not as the 8C did (which, btw, is a 50.000 € more expensive GranTurismo S, wondering about being worth the asked price).

those are huge rear tires btw.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Exploded View.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gaydon, Warwickshire 26 April 2009. At its world debut this weekend, the Aston Martin One-77 has won the Concorso d’Eleganza Design Award for Concept Cars and Prototypes on the shores of Lake Como, Italy.

Following the Geneva Auto Salon in March, where the technical illustration was first shown, the rolling chassis has since been completed by hand into the first car presented at Villa d’Este this weekend.

At its first public unveiling in the perfect setting of the Grand Hotel Villa d’Este, the first complete One-77 was on show. Visiting public were invited to cast their vote for the best concept and prototype. Among eight entries from around the world, the Aston Martin One-77 was voted the best in class, eclipsing the competition with more than 30% of the total votes.

Admiring crowds viewed One-77 in its entirety for the first time. The car was showcased complete with running powertrain and the never seen before, fully hand-crafted interior.

Aston Martin Chief Executive, Dr Ulrich Bez said: “Embodying everything Aston Martin stands for; the One-77 has proven itself as the most desirable automotive art form at its premiere today.

“We have achieved a new level of design and craftsmanship which has been clearly recognised by the public here in the homeland of design at Villa d’Este.”

Aston Martin Design Director, Marek Reichman said: “To win this award at its first showing is a testament to the Aston Martin team and the original concept. Winning here today has proven One-77 as a benchmark in automotive design.”
    Regarding the interior pics... that is one wacky interior!
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

I absolutely love this car, but I don't think it should have been voted as the best entry.
    Even not knowing all the other contenders, I think it won first of all because it has been viewable since quite some time, so enthusiasts and critics had the opportunity to get used to it and appreciating its style more relaxedly an not right there at the event. Then it's probably its being "just" an evolution of AM's design language, nothing ground-breaking at the first glance.

I like it, deeply, but I'm not excited about this prize.
    Now give me one of those, in dark green/tobacco interiors. Thank you.

It looks horrible from almost every angle IMO. Overcooked and pointless design details.

It's overpriced for what it is. Aston Martin DBS will do everything that the One 77 will do for much less.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It's overpriced for what it is. Aston Martin DBS will do everything that the One 77 will do for much less.
    I doubt.
    Despite being similar looking, it's a completely different car, much mroe focused, much more powerful, light and tough.
    I would rather say: this will do what people were expecting from the DBS, and even better.

I have a lot of expectation from this car considering what I think it could be capable of whit such specs.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    It's exclusive. DBS isn't.

And regarding Leon's claim, I think it looks very much like the V8 Vantage, especially judging from the profile views. Honestly, I don't think any angle of the car looks like a DBS.
    Last edited by Roentgen; 04-27-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post

And regarding Leon's claim, I think it looks very much like the V8 Vantage, especially judging from the profile views. Honestly, I don't think any angle of the car looks like a DBS.
    it isn't that a V8 Vantage is that much different from a DBS. And I love Astons.
    I think this is the more distinguishable design of the recent years, together with the V12 Vanquish.

lol, that's true. After all, all Astons look the same

I love Astons too. I think this car will knock the Veyron off the perch of my favorite car when it comes out.

Is there any info on what this car weighs or what sorta power it is putting down?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Is there any info on what this car weighs or what sorta power it is putting down?
    I don't think there are any official figures yet, but it is widely rumoured that it'll have an all new 7.3Lt V12, and it'll be light due to the Carbon fibre and Aluminium construction.

It weighs 900 kilo and has 235HP...according to Ferrer lighter supercars are in demand.

Im looking forward to a review on it, on a similar note, any news when Top Gear will be coming back on?
    "Horsepower sells motor cars, but torque wins motor races."
    -Carrol Shelby

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I doubt.
    Despite being similar looking, it's a completely different car, much mroe focused, much more powerful, light and tough.
    I would rather say: this will do what people were expecting from the DBS, and even better.

I have a lot of expectation from this car considering what I think it could be capable of whit such specs.
    I guess, but I think I'd rather have spent the same money on something else. A Reventon maybe? I forgot how much they both cost. I lost count after I realized I never can afford either of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post

Yeah, I guess, but that's really the only argument I see going for the One 77. And it has a stupid name.

Thread Information