Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama President of the United States ?? LOL!

Great generalization. That's exactly why FChat & 6Speed owners frequently take part in charity events.

I think it's also hilarious that most of the reasons stated so far in this thread for who's voting for who are based on age. People don't want to vote for McCain because he's old, or they want to vote for Obama because he's young.

What damn difference does that make if he can use a computer or if he's a young guy? Are we purposely ignoring, or just not reading what these 2 are up to? Screw the age of both candidates b/c that won't mean diddly in the White House. What will matter is if either candidate can stick to his word, which shouldn't be hard for Obama at the rate he supports & doesn't support different issues.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

what I don't know as a non-America, how much tax are we talking about for those 250k people?
    we pay a lot of taxes here, but we don't need medical insurance for example and there is a (dieing) system of retirement that grant us the same level of money we earned while working even at 70 while not working anymore. even if then it's not so simple and not so true. just saying this because I don't know how to compare 250k $ with the equivalent 170k € I could earn here. then here there's a huge difference between and independent-worker and a dependent-worker. the independent don't have the retirement, for example. and an indipendent worker which earns 170k € can sleep without any kind of problems, but isn't so wealthy and don't need an extra tax increase.
    but it's not a good reason to say the Obama's program is wrong. if taxes have to be increased, and I'm not discussing this, it's better to increase them for the wealthier part of the population.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Great generalization. That's exactly why FChat & 6Speed owners frequently take part in charity events.

I think it's also hilarious that most of the reasons stated so far in this thread for who's voting for who are based on age. People don't want to vote for McCain because he's old, or they want to vote for Obama because he's young.

What damn difference does that make if he can use a computer or if he's a young guy? Are we purposely ignoring, or just not reading what these 2 are up to? Screw the age of both candidates b/c that won't mean diddly in the White House. What will matter is if either candidate can stick to his word, which shouldn't be hard for Obama at the rate he supports & doesn't support different issues.
    because you are not going to pay taxes on what you earned and given to charity. and it can make a lot of difference in the final balance.
    then, I'm sure a lot of them are good people of course, and eve I would prefer to give my money to poor people or research against diseases and not to my politics class, but that's another story.

and their age is so important because it influences the way they would work. or are you saying that being young or old doesn't make any difference at work?!
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 08-17-2008 at 03:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    what I don't know as a non-America, how much tax are we talking about for those 250k people?
    we pay a lot of taxes here, but we don't need medical insurance for example and there is a (dieing) system of retirement that grant us the same level of money we earned while working even at 70 while not working anymore. even if then it's not so simple and not so true. just saying this because I don't know how to compare 250k $ with the equivalent 170k € I could earn here. then here there's a huge difference between and independent-worker and a dependent-worker. the independent don't have the retirement, for example. and an indipendent worker which earns 170k € can sleep without any kind of problems, but isn't so wealthy and don't need an extra tax increase.
    but it's not a good reason to say the Obama's program is wrong. if taxes have to be increased, and I'm not discussing this, it's better to increase them for the wealthier part of the population.
    It wouldn't be a dramatic increase. It would also depend on where you live, because certain incomes can do a lot more in certain areas. And of course, age would be a factor as well, because someone who makes $250k+ a year, who is about ready to retire, will be taking a serious drop in income when they retire, so they probably would like to save as much as possible.
    There are a lot of people who make over $250k a year, that can spare some cash for a slight increase in taxes.

and their age is so important because it influences the way they would work. or are you saying that being young or old doesn't make any difference at work?!
    Not in the case of these 2 candidates. You can argue McCain's too old, but he still has the experience of working with the folks in Congress.
    Obama doesn't. Obama is a youngin' in the Senate, a new guy. He has 3 years experience as a US Senator. Thus, 1 man can find a way to work with Congress. The other may suffer, even if Congress is made up of Democrats as well.

If you really want to vote for someone based on their age (which is absolutely dumb, honestly), you have to weigh your options.
    Old man, but experienced, or young guy, with little-to-no experience?
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    Not in the case of these 2 candidates. You can argue McCain's too old, but he still has the experience of working with the folks in Congress.
    Obama doesn't. Obama is a youngin' in the Senate, a new guy. He has 3 years experience as a US Senator. Thus, 1 man can find a way to work with Congress. The other may suffer, even if Congress is made up of Democrats as well.

If you really want to vote for someone based on their age (which is absolutely dumb, honestly), you have to weigh your options.
    Old man, but experienced, or young guy, with little-to-no experience?
    I wouldn't vote basing my decision only on the age of the candidates, never said such a thing. but it's something I consider too. an old candidate colud be experienced, true, but too distant for nowadays needs of a country and population. beside, I think that being experienced of this politics, is a bad argument for being voted. this way of conduct politics, doesn't matter which country, simply failed to meet population's needs and requests, it failed to improve life conditions considering the amount of taxes we pay, and even failed to impreove life conditions of other country they say they are helping. the economics is falling all around the world, people are loosing their jobs, and there are still wars and conflicts. so I would prefer a new inexperienced guy who don't know anything about all of this. even if it could be, and it's a possibility, that things stay as they are right now. the possibility that things could be even worst is remote in my opinion, with both candidates. maybe Obama is just another like all of them, and he is teasing all of us with this "change" thinghy, but I would try. McCain on the other side isn't telling me that things must change, which is almost an objective fact.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post

EDIT: QMan, be VERY careful who you mess with and what you say around these forums. you're bordering on personal attacks & bluntly coming off like an Uneducated douche.

If you don't have anything nice to say, STFU
    IB4R if he was like you smart and intelligent then i wouldn't do that,i have never seen you attack anyone based on how someone types or spells and have you ever seen me ever say anything about someones ability to spell/typing,you will never see me that,but if it is about "Bush" then i would i personally don't think Moderator should attack another member is to how someone types,p.s. i wasn't tying to personally attack him,i have better things to do in life than put someone down because of their typing skill's....
    Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan View Post
    IB4R if he was like you smart and intelligent then i wouldn't do that,i have never seen you attack anyone based on how someone types or spells and have you ever seen me ever say anything about someones ability to spell/typing,you will never see me that,but if it is about "Bush" then i would i personally don't think Moderator should attack another member is to how someone types,p.s. i wasn't tying to personally attack him,i have better things to do in life than put someone down because of their typing skill's....
    but you should invest some of your precious time to learn how to type correctly.

but you should invest some of your precious time to learn how to type correctly.
    you are right my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by QuattroMan View Post
    i see you're getting jealous there Miss.Niko fx ,i personally don not think you can read that is why i was typed like that so you can read.Why don't you go back to your land that you came from.
    Again, you make no sense whatsoever.

",i personally don not think you can read that is why i was typed like that so you can read."

You were typed?

And btw, last time I checked, you came from some "land" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    ",i personally don not think you can read that is why i was typed like that so you can read."

You were typed?
    LOL

LOL
    LOL!!! I know sometimes i go back and read what i typed and i am like"what the hell is that" my problem is i think faster then i type but when i take my time i do ok...

I was recently told by a clown on Youtube this, You white C**ts are ****ed, When Obama takes over you white c**ts will be dead c**ts, Slaves dogs your all ****ed..

Isn't he half white.

Well anyway, IS there ever going to be anyone as thick as GWB?.
    This guy can't be any worse then that clown, I mean, His a rock star.
    And he counts past 3, And he knows his ABC's.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Whoa there, Johnson did more to help the people. What about Franklin Delano Roosevelt?
    I think we were talking about the last 40 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz27 View Post
    I may be a little naive here but honestly, WTF does any of this bullsh1t have to do with cars??
    Ultimatecarepage.com > General forums > Miscellaneous
    Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Don't you know by now? If a post by Q-man has no grammar mistakes and actually makes some sense, then it was copied from another site and not typed by him... Check all of the threads he's made lately, if they are somehow coherent you'll be able to find them on the internet.
    Without commenting on his politics, intelligence, viewpoints, etc, it should be noted that English isn't his first, or even (IIRC) his second language.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    And to be honest, people making over $250,000 a year deserve more taxes, because they've been getting away with it for far too long, while the lower and middle class have to fork over the cash.
    Why do they deserve to pay more? The way the tax system works the people making over $250,000 a year pay more in taxes than the middle and lower classes, right? They pay the same amount on the lower bracket that those people are in, plus more on each bracket above that. Yes, my parents each make more than that per year, no they don't deserve to pay more taxes, they aren't greedy, they give to charities, they aren't workaholics who never see their kids because they are so money obsessed, they are actually here for me and my little brother whenever we need them, and work about 9am-6pm, they could work more and make far more, but like I said they aren't greedy. Obviously there are some who ARE greedy, but they give a bad name to the others, just as poor people who milk welfare give a bad name to the poor people who actually try to better their lives.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Without commenting on his politics, intelligence, viewpoints, etc, it should be noted that English isn't his first, or even (IIRC) his second language.
    neither it's mine. but I pay attention to what I write, or at least, I try.

Thread Information