Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another $100,000+ Corvette

Another $100,000+ Corvette

But it' sickkkk.

Quote Originally Posted by PRESS RELEASE Katech Performance Unveils Lightweight Z06 ClubSport for the track.

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Katech Performance, ever attuned to the collective conscious of the Corvette universe, knew this – enthusiasts wanted a lighter weight Z06 tuned for the track. Now they have it.

The Corvette Z06 ClubSport package – available exclusively from Katech Performance and Les Stanford Chevrolet (Dearborn, Mich.) – incorporates an array of aftermarket products that, in unison, reduce curb weight to 2,915 lbs. (2,825 lbs. fully optimized) while improving grip, cornering, braking and downforce.

“The Z06 is already wonderfully light weight,” commented Jason Harding, performance parts sales, Katech Performance. “We knew, however, that we could improve the power-to-weight ratio with several select modifications. Lamborghini has its Gallardo Superleggera, Ferrari its F430 Scuderia and Dodge its Viper ACR. Now the Corvette Z06 has the ClubSport package from Katech Performance.”

What does one feed Chevrolet’s already well-conditioned athlete to shed pounds and improve its game? The ClubSport diet calls for:

Brembo® Gran Turismo Brake Kit
    Two-piece cross-drilled rotors significantly reduce un-sprung rotating mass; front six-piston monobloc calipers squeeze 14-inch rotors; rear four-piston monobloc calipers pinch 13.6-inch rotors

Moton Clubsport Suspension

Double-adjustable coil-overs enhance power-to-the-pavement delivery while offering seven individually adjustable rebound and compression settings; system is specially tuned by Moton engineers and SCCA World Challenge professional driver Andy Pilgrim

Katech Performance ClubSport Wheels
    15-spoke, single-piece forged aluminum wheels (18x9.5-inch front; 19x12-inch rear) further reduce un-sprung rotating mass; finished in attractive gray powder coat

Michelin® Pilot® Sport Cup Tires
    Enhance grip and handling while reducing total mass (285/30R18 front; 325/30R19 rear)

Katech Performance Appearance Package
    Carbon fiber front splitter improves aerodynamics and is complemented by a matching carbon fiber rear spoiler that improves downforce; lift-off carbon fiber World Challenge hood vents the engine compartment, reduces weight by 50% and provides more downforce; ClubSport racing stripe on front fenders and rear fascia identifies vehicle as an exclusive Katech Performance creation

Halltech Killer Bee™ Air Intake
    Carbon fiber intake designed specifically to complement Katech Performance’s carbon fiver valve covers

Katech Performance Exhaust System
    Lightweight 18-gauge stainless steel design incorporating X-pipe, two lightweight mufflers, over-axle pipes and CORSA® quad tips; reduces weight and produces a deep, racecar-like tone while maintaining a civil pitch on public roads

Exedy Twin-Disc Clutch
    Reduces drivetrain mass and makes for easy rev-matched downshifts

Braille Battery
    All-season; reduces weight in the rear

Several optional supplements are also available including: Caravaggio leather race seats; A/C and/or radio delete as well as carpet delete to further reduce weight; roll bar or harness bar and six-point harnesses; and an ARE dry sump system.

So what’s the final verdict? A power-to-weight ratio of 5.45 lbs./horsepower (standard) or 5.28 lbs./horsepower (fully optimized).

Complete with a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty, the Katech Performance Z06 ClubSport starts at $109,000 (standard) and is expected to maintain 50-state emissions compliance*. Power plant improvements – including an array of modified LS7 engine packages – are also available for customers who want to upgrade to a true Katech Performance “Street Attack” Z06.

To purchase a brand new ClubSport Z06 from Les Stanford Chevrolet – “America’s Corvette King” – call 800.699.VETT or visit Les Stanford Chevrolet Cadillac – A Detroit Chevy Cadillac dealer in Dearborn, MI with new and used vehicles, service, and parts. Already own a 2006-2009 Z06? Bring your Vette to Katech to get started on the ClubSport plan. Call 866.KATECH1 or visit www.katechengines.com.

Katech Performance, the aftermarket performance division of Katech Inc., engineers and manufactures race-proven crate engines and components for LS1/LS6 and LS2/LS7 engines including solid belt tensioners, coil relocation brackets, cylinder heads, dampers, pistons, push rods, throttle bodies and valve covers, among other high-performance products for the street and track.

Katech Inc. was founded on the need to provide responsive service and skills to factory race efforts in all forms of racing, including the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), NASCAR®, SCCA SPEED World Challenge, American Speed Association (ASA) and International Motor Sports Association (IMSA). Today, Katech is an industrial leader in advanced racing and high-performance engine development, manufacturing, testing and assembly, and offers support services for the professional racer including boring, honing, fabrication, welding and prototype parts development.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

looks nice. is that the only pic?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Yeah only one I can find atm.
    John says:
    i'm afraid to fap

I'm liking it big time, although i must say you are a total fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Yeah only one I can find atm.
    that's shame. although not as much of a disappointment of it's fail hand drive-tastic condition. unless all this stuff can be retro fitted to existing Z06's?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    that's shame. although not as much of a disappointment of it's fail hand drive-tastic condition. unless all this stuff can be retro fitted to existing Z06's?
    Another press release is supposed to be out with pricing on each individual piece.

I'm not a fanboy, I'm an enthusiast.
    John says:
    i'm afraid to fap

I'm not a fanboy, I'm an enthusiast.
    An enthusiatic fanboy?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    An enthusiatic fanboy?
    That kid is arrogant.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Some would say the line between enthusiast and fanboy is nonexistant and enthusiast is just a term used by fanboys to refer to themselves to make them appear not to be fanboys.

Something to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Some would say the line between enthusiast and fanboy is nonexistant and enthusiast is just a term used by fanboys to refer to themselves to make them appear not to be fanboys.

Something to ponder.
    Hmmm, by reversing that logic I guess that makes almost everyone here a fanboy....interesting

Back on topic. Nice Vette. Wonder how it'll compare to the ZR-1 in pricing and performance.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

To me a fanboy is someone that has wet dreams over a car, and an enthusiast is someone who learns as much as possible about the car, owns or has driven the car, and also knows its weak points, competitors, and what tire/air pressure combination gets you around the track fastest. It's much more involved.

For instance a new in-car ZR-1 video is going to be released tonight at 12:01. How many fanboys knew that?
    John says:
    i'm afraid to fap

For instance a new in-car ZR-1 video is going to be released tonight at 12:01. How many fanboys knew that?
    At least one...

Wow...thats a very obscure fact...hope the vid is worth the wait, you must be obsessed!!! I agree with what you say about the fanboy & enthusiast though, although I still like the GT-R.

Oo____oO > oo____oo
    Oo____oO GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by CamNismo View Post
    Wow...thats a very obscure fact...hope the vid is worth the wait, you must be obsessed!!! I agree with what you say about the fanboy & enthusiast though, although I still like the GT-R.

Oo____oO > oo____oo
    That's definitely a step forward in leetness when you say the GT-R is better than the ZR1 in ASCII art.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    That's definitely a step forward in leetness when you say the GT-R is better than the ZR1 in ASCII art.
    I try
    Oo____oO GT-R

Thread Information