Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dealership destroys client's Monaro

"Any time a vehicle is on the road it is at risk of being involved in an accident." Mr Duggin said in a statement.
    No shit Shurlock Holmes !, But you forgot, Anytime a vehicle is in one of our mechanics hands, It's in a risk of being involved in an accident!.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I tell you what, if i had a $60K car of my own, this story would make me seriously think of outfitting it with hidden cameras before taking it to a dealership.

I dont think this will be the end of the story, or at least i hope not. The mechanics and the management at the dealership need to be held accountable for the accident, their attempts at misleading what happened and their blackmail in getting the car there in the first place.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden View Post
    No shit Shurlock Holmes !, But you forgot, Anytime a vehicle is in one of our mechanics hands, It's in a risk of being involved in an accident!.
    x2.

There's a fine line between getting rear-ended at a stop light and totaling a customer car while goofing off.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

There was no need for the car to have left the workshop.

So it doesn't matter what kind of bulls**t the ass-covering mechanics try to pull. they're in the wrong & there would likely be a civil claim against the Dealership to be made if the Insurance won't cover the full amount. PLUS damages.

As was said before, how many other people's vehicles have they done this to? Scary thought.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    I tell you what, if i had a $60K car of my own, this story would make me seriously think of outfitting it with hidden cameras before taking it to a dealership.
    It can be done, Great idea.

I dont think this will be the end of the story, or at least i hope not. The mechanics and the management at the dealership need to be held accountable for the accident, their attempts at misleading what happened and their blackmail in getting the car there in the first place.
    I wouldn't stop short of a replacement, I'm sure Holden has got a VZ monaro sitting around somewhere, And to try and hold there reputation because of these morons, They just might have to part with some extra coin.
    And so they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    x2.

There's a fine line between getting rear-ended at a stop light and totaling a customer car while goofing off.
    To right, In our own hands we hate it, But accepted it if we crash, We have no choice, In someone else's hands like a mechanic joy riding, OMFG not exceptable, Not happy Jan!.

Quote Originally Posted by Type17 View Post
    People buy $12,000 cars and invest that kind of money. The RX7 and other 90s cars come to mind.
    Exactly, it is possible! But if your RX7 gets crashed by the dealer and you are all of a sudden in the newspapers you will increase the real amount to be a bigger victim, and that's what it seemed when I first read it.

Niko the owner merely states: 'I had put $60k into that car' ... not 'I had put $60k into that car, not including its purchase price.'
    If you own a Ferrari you could say "I had put $10k into that car" and it would definitely mean that you added $10k in modifications. Now, once again, adding $60k to $45k doesn't make sense, but the way that it was written could mean either additions or total value.

Anyway, this is getting too silly already. Total value = $60k, got it.

that sucks. i hear some cars have a 'valet' mode, limited speed and revs and all that, sounds like that'd be a good idea if i had to go back to a dealership...

although i did get free tires (semi slicks, no less) when the cock jockey mechanics were playing with the switches on my car and accidentally hit the engine cut off switch. They'd thought they'd broken it, and i did nothing to change that thought flicked the switch back after they'd gone back inside..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    So it doesn't matter what kind of bulls**t the ass-covering mechanics try to pull. they're in the wrong & there would likely be a civil claim against the Dealership to be made if the Insurance won't cover the full amount.
    If the guy has a good insurer, he'll be fine. It's insured for agreed value, so if the dealer won't pay out in full, he can just take it to his insurer, who will pay him then go after the dealership. And then the insurers will get the $60,000.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

I think he's insurer wont pay the agreed value, Which is strange, Because that would mean, There agreed value wasn't agreed but agreed??????.

if he's with Shannon's he's probably sorted, in my experience they go to great lengths lol
    doesn't change the fact he's without a car though.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I dont know what the suing culture in Oz is like, but for god's skae man sue the !@$%!#$%&^$@#%!@!@$%!@#$%! mechanics
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

We don't believe in it unless last resort, We see on TV all the time how some guy in the U.S is suing Someone because a color was made to much..
    So basically we hold off, As we don't want to look that stupid..
    But in this case, IF all fails, Sue like a bitch!.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    if he's with Shannon's he's probably sorted, in my experience they go to great lengths lol
    Shannons (and anyone who appears in their ads except for Beattie) are douchebags.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    If the guy has a good insurer, he'll be fine. It's insured for agreed value, so if the dealer won't pay out in full, he can just take it to his insurer, who will pay him then go after the dealership. And then the insurers will get the $60,000.
    Well heres the thing. The Dealership's insurance only covered the vehicle for $10,000 less than it's agreed value.

I'm not entirely sure if that means his insurance will cover the difference or just not deal with it at all.

Regardless, I don't think the Insurance will matter - he'll still have a claim for damages in the civil courts.

I kind of hope the poor public relations for this dealership cause the proprietor to seriously consider who they hire.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    As was said before, how many other people's vehicles have they done this to? Scary thought.
    You have to rember in the effort of penny picnhing there is always the max number of apprentices working so they can outnumber the actual mechanics as much as 3-1 in the bigger dealerships so it can be a streatch to keep an eye on them...and worse still the person in charge in most cases it just as immature as the people hes supposed to be teaching.

In my time at a few dealerships ive only seen one new car written off (new snake eyes magna) when the detailer had a kid in an excell run up his arse at a rate of knots while at the lights.

But at some of the later ones we had numerous cars damaged like one infamous effort where a 2nd year apprentice was screaming around in an VY clubbie (series II 285kw jobbie) in the wet and ended off mouting the kerbsideways ruining 2 rims,side fairing and doing a large ammount of damage underneath the car and the boys in the workshop where trying to get it fixed (their cost and later his when a chunk of his pay is going in every week) without telling anyone so the apprentice didnt loose his job...only reason I found out was they gave me the parts order and asked for it ASAP and told me why. In the end they where found out and there was a massive inqusition about it fired him on the spot put his entire group (mechanic and aprrentices formed as groups here) and their final warning and interviewd me (I didnt know anything of course i just orderd a few parts) and quite understandably the owner was royally pissed when he found out.

The only way to escape this is go to smaller workshops in large dealerships large groups of young blokes form together most fresh out of year10 and many older one have been there all their lives so growing up doesnt happen fast and being in groups they egg each other on like when they serviced the cop cars and let the apprentices do it they often screamed around the joint with the light blareing and used the light shifter thing that gives emergancy vehicles green lights. another thing worth noteing is theres idiots everywhere you go so even if yougo to a small shop theres still a good chance a moron is messing around with your car.

It truely is a leap of faith everytime you put your car in.

This guy is obviously going to take them to court he probably contacted the paper to create some sensationlisum around the case but im sorry to report that after my years in dealerships/yards/shops his case is not unique
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Thread Information