Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Need For Speed Undercover

New Need For Speed Undercover

In my opinion, Pro Street was a huge let down. But now, they've gone back to underground racing, which is what NFS is all about! Here are a few screenshots I found.
    Attached Images Attached Images

NFS always has and always will be weak. between shoddy collections of cars to unrealistic physics/performance and overall gayness NFS will always be the choice when all the good games are sold out. sims like forza2 are better in just about every way.
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc View Post
    NFS always has and always will be weak. between shoddy collections of cars to unrealistic physics/performance and overall gayness NFS will always be the choice when all the good games are sold out. sims like forza2 are better in just about every way.
    NFS is not a simulation. It is an arcade game, which isn't designed to be realistic.

Also, Forza 2 is not available on anything other then the Xbox 360.

The only good PC simulation racing game that I know of is GTR.

Quote Originally Posted by jump15vc View Post
    There were some good NFS like NFS3, with the good physcs of NFS5.

Cars? Didnt Pro street have like 70ish with all the boosters & patches?

Sims? Go get WTCC 07 or Race Driver 3

Nfs died when the Underground series started.
    I haven't played the first two Nfs (but I played a bit with the Special Edition of the 2nd) and the one with the Porsches, but I can tell you that: Nfs was a good series before Nfs: U came out. Ok, back at that time it was really involving, but the "true spirit" of the NFS series has nothing to do with Ford Focuses (is this plural right?) and enormous wings.

looks good.....but the driving physics arent as good as GT5P on the PS3

i hope it has a bunch of new cars...kinda got bored from all the lancers and hondas
    BMW Stands For : Best Motor in the World

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    NFS is not a simulation. It is an arcade game, which isn't designed to be realistic.

The only good PC simulation racing game that I know of is GTR.
    Keep up.

What about GTR2, Race 07, LFS or rFactor?
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

More screenshots...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have to agree. Need for Speed is an arcade game - not a simulation. And in my opinion, Forza isnt much of a simulation either, its still a full blown console game. As far as simulators go theres only a few that really cut it, like: Live for Speed, Rfactor, WTCC 07, GTR 2 and Richard Burns Rally. All the other ones fall short in my opinion.

I like NFS though, apart from Prostreet of course! Looking forward to seeing some more of it!

In my opinion, Pro Street was a huge let down. But now, they've gone back to underground racing, which is what NFS is all about! Here are a few screenshots I found.
    Nope, NFS used to be an entertaining supercar game until tuning ruined it.
    Quote Originally Posted by M_M View Post
    Nfs died when the Underground series started.
    I haven't played the first two Nfs (but I played a bit with the Special Edition of the 2nd) and the one with the Porsches, but I can tell you that: Nfs was a good series before Nfs: U came out. Ok, back at that time it was really involving, but the "true spirit" of the NFS series has nothing to do with Ford Focuses (is this plural right?) and enormous wings.
    Indeed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's an arcade game. One of the main features of street racing is showing off your own car, and this game is made to imitate that, but in an unrealistic, but fun way. If you don't like the big spoilers and obese bodykits, then don't put any on!

The only reason they didn't make tuning or free roam available to it back then was probably because they don't have the technology to do so.

If you just want a supercar racing game, get Test Drive Unlimited.
    Last edited by Roentgen; 08-31-2008 at 04:15 AM.

Wouldn't Grid, or Ferrari Challenge (yes limited to one brand) be better Arcade games?

Looks as if with this NFS they'll be whoring out the weather (Oh hai i forgot PGR4 as an alternative) and trying to make the environments look really flashy...

Oh yea, I forgot Grid. But you see, all the games mentioned above lacks one crucial thing that recent NFS have; a story line. That is what makes the games so fun, and what makes someone want to play through it all the time.

A lot of people thinks racing games are for n00bs who can't manage shooting games (I think that's rubbish). The recent NFS series really changes all that. It's awesome!

And PGR is only available on xbox.

But you see, all the games mentioned above lacks one crucial thing that recent NFS have; a story line.

And PGR is only available on xbox.
    Personally i think the storylines for the NFS series are as bad as the aftermarket ad ons.

Just because PGR is only availible on Xbox doesn't mean it isn't superior. What other console would you buy?

But the story lines are a break through for racing games. Rather than doing race after race, there's almost a reason for doing the races. You want to see what happens, rather than just buy more cars. End of the day, it really is just personal opinions.

I don't have any consoles, unless you consider PC or more specifically, Mac, a console lol.

Thread Information