Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alfa Romeo MiTo at the dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Street_Dreamer View Post
    Mainly design, but apparently the quality of the Mito is as good as the Mini's at least.
    It's a hideous interior though, especially that speedometer. The Mito one looks better with the 6.5" Nav, which is an option here. I much prefer it to the normal dash, but i suspect mine will come with the blue & me nav.
    A friend of mine has a Mini Cooper R56. I got used to the huge speedometer, even though that lonely revcounter still looks a bit too lonely... My friend also had an R53, and in that one the speedometer was placed next to the revcounter, behind the steering wheel. Much better.

So are you going to buy a MiTo? Don't forget to buy it with AT LEAST 18" rims ... and I think the nav does not come as standard here too.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    so we´re saying the same thing at each other... yeah i think i got you way wrong. my bad

anyways, a shame the interior isn´t that great. i remember getting in a 147 (which nobody likes but i still think it´s the best looking hatchback ever made) TI and the interior was nothing short of an experience.shortly after, I even bought a pair of sneakers just cos they were dark gray suede and had red stitching like the car. that´s my idea of an AR interior.
    I like the 147 but not the restyled one, AR managed to ruin a pure design with the restyling. And I know what you mean, interiors like that are sensational

Quote Originally Posted by M_M View Post
    A friend of mine has a Mini Cooper R56. I got used to the huge speedometer, even though that lonely revcounter still looks a bit too lonely... My friend also had an R53, and in that one the speedometer was placed next to the revcounter, behind the steering wheel. Much better.
    mine had the tach all by its lonesome. and i miss it. there is nothing you need to pay more attention to than the tach in that car, and it was always in plain sight. not hidden behind your hands, or small next to the speedo.

worse are the audis that have the big screen in between. you cant see either.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    mine had the tach all by its lonesome. and i miss it. there is nothing you need to pay more attention to than the tach in that car, and it was always in plain sight. not hidden behind your hands, or small next to the speedo.

worse are the audis that have the big screen in between. you cant see either.
    Isn't speedometer a synonym of tachometer? Maybe you meant the revcounter is the most important thing to pay attention to? If so, I agree... Even though I almost never look at the rev when I drive relaxed, because I got used to shift gear as soon as possible to keep fuel consumption low. But when I want to go near the red line (result: a lot of noise... full stop ) then the revcounter is almost everything I care about.
    But then, when you're driving fast and there's the police somewhere near you, getting a look at the tacho would be useful methink

Dae me parti se parla el diaeto veneto che l'è/sè/xè simile ao spagnolo

that's why I understand Spanish...but not only...

The Nav should be optional, and of the "tom tom" style, so you can take it with you when you exit the car,
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    that's why I understand Spanish...but not only...
    Never had a doubt about that

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    The Nav should be optional, and of the "tom tom" style, so you can take it with you when you exit the car,
    A la 500? Aren't there any other options?

Dae me parti se parla el diaeto veneto che l'è/sè/xè simile ao spagnolo
    So it might be similar, but I can speak catalan as well.

One day I'll learn italian properly.

Concerning the Mini we had the new old one, with both the revcounter and the speedo behind the wheel and I've never had any visibility problems. I love that car.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    So it might be similar, but I can speak catalan as well.

One day I'll learn italian properly.

Concerning the Mini we had the new old one, with both the revcounter and the speedo behind the wheel and I've never had any visibility problems. I love that car.
    Good luck with learning Italian!
    As i said, I like your tacho-configuration more than the standard one, but that's also a matter of taste. Anyway I never said the Mini's tachometer/revcounter is not visible (especially the standard tacho )

Isn't speedometer a synonym of tachometer? Maybe you meant the revcounter is the most important thing to pay attention to? If so, I agree... Even though I almost never look at the rev when I drive relaxed, because I got used to shift gear as soon as possible to keep fuel consumption low. But when I want to go near the red line (result: a lot of noise... full stop ) then the revcounter is almost everything I care about.
    But then, when you're driving fast and there's the police somewhere near you, getting a look at the tacho would be useful methink
    speedomether=speedo=speed, tachometer=tach=rev counter.

the mini is a bit different than normal cars, it is very sensative to what rpm it is in. i used to watch it like a hawk to make sure i was above 3000 rpm, at pretty much all times. there was also a digital speedo on the tach, so you didnt have to look to the big fricken one in the middle.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

the mini is a bit different than normal cars, it is very sensative to what rpm it is in. i used to watch it like a hawk to make sure i was above 3000 rpm, at pretty much all times. there was also a digital speedo on the tach, so you didnt have to look to the big fricken one in the middle.
    Really? I always thought that the Mini was very good in terms of low-rev punch. Certainly in the motorway I just leave it in 6th all the time and I always have good acceleration.
    Visca Catalunya!

is this a cooper or an S? R53, i suppose?

the R56 Cooper S will pull strongly from 1600RPM, and if you´re not careful you´ll smell tyre smoke pretty soon from there. you can wear them out in 9000 km if you´re as badass a driver as I am.

or are normal cars=big block chevy´s to you?
    Last edited by teatako; 09-11-2008 at 09:14 AM.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Oh really? Well when I asked you that question I also searched tachometer and speedometer in an online dictionary and this told me they are synonym...

I didn't know about the digital speedo, I don't think the r56 have it (well, I haven't noticed it, maybe it has to be selected?).
    I don't think you had to watch the tacho like a hawk in an r56, considering that the torque is available from really low rpm. But then I don't know which is better, a constant push or a kick at a certain rpm. Some days ago I sat as a passenger in a 1st gen r53 Cooper S. It hadn't the JC Works kit but, thanks to some tricks (I don't think too legal...) it produced more than 200-210hp. That Mini reminded me what "torque" is - you know, I quite forgot it driving the Corsa oh, and it also had a lovely sound...

The r56 has a digital speedo and it has to be selected, yes. I´d say "the best" is a naturally aspirated engine that is not way too protected (like the Civic Si,in which you step on the gas and then quickly take your foot of it and nothing happens, throttle response is nonexistent) but i think you have to pay GT3 money to get that. (i haven´t driven an s2000)
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    The r56 has a digital speedo and it has to be selected, yes. I´d say "the best" is a naturally aspirated engine that is not way too protected (like the Civic Si,in which you step on the gas and then quickly take your foot of it and nothing happens, throttle response is nonexistent) but i think you have to pay GT3 money to get that. (i haven´t driven an s2000)
    If you want a N/A engine with good throttle response then the easiest way is to get more cubes.
    Visca Catalunya!

So are you going to buy a MiTo? Don't forget to buy it with AT LEAST 18" rims ... and I think the nav does not come as standard here too.
    I am indeed, and i will be getting the 18" 3-spokes. Not sure which colour though, still... When i inevitably wreck my first set of wheels (it will be my first car, so i'm sure the odd scrape will happen with the wheels) i would like to get some black 19s, especially if i get a black Mito (afraid of swirl marks though)

Thread Information