Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My new car...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My new car...

So in July I bought a new car. I could have grabbed the key and driven it home in June but I had to study for a few Uni exams and so I decided to wait for July, in order to fully enjoy my new ride...
    So, here it is, a brand new Opel Corsa 1.2 80 hp in "Sport" trim and which is almost fully equipped. It's got 6 airbags, A/C, radio with CD/Mp3 player and Aux-in, sport bucket(ish) seats (really useful...), some kind of springs lowering and maybe other things I don't remember right now. The only optional I added are the magnificent 17" rims. They're simply exaggerated in a car like this (especially if you think tires are 215/45 and the car's got 80 hp -.-) but they look gorgeous to me! And besides, the stock 16" rims seemed so small... and the 17" costed almost nothing.
    The car has now more or less 2500 km on the clock and I never really "abused" of her... but I can tell that it is really underpowered (well I could have told that even without driving it... this car needs one of those new small turboed engines), it feels quite heavy sometimes, but at least, being a GPunto underneath, I can cheer up with the chassis, which is not bad at all! I told you, I still have to test the car thoroughly, but trust me, it's a well-balanced chassis.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think getting the 17" extras paid off, the car looks great. Have fun with it, or try with all of its 80hp
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by #1 Mustang Fan View Post
    I think getting the 17" extras paid off, the car looks great. Have fun with it, or try with all of its 80hp
    YEAAAH, 80 HP RRROOOOCK!!!!!!!111!! -headbanging-

Thanks! I'll soon try a 0-100kph but I already know what the result will be... Opel says it takes 13,9secs, but I think it will take more - also because the car Opel used for the misuration surely had 15" rims...

Other pics... sorry, no interior shots yet, apart from a few details.
    In the last picture you can see my previous car, a Punto Cabrio 1,6 HLX: a good car, funny to drive also because the chassis was cut - well, it's a Cabrio... and so you could get under and oversteer almost the same time while driving fast... funny
    ...but it was quite thirsty, and the insurance was killing me... as the Corsa, it was the 3rd car in the familiy (my dad's got an X5, my mom an A Class) and so insurance was not too low. Even though I'm not the one who pays it
    Goodbye, I'll miss you...

I know the new Corsa is not appreciated that much in this forum but I really like it: I think the design is sporty and better than the GPunto's one - which is not a bad car... I'll tell you, the GPunto was one of my other choices, and I really like it, it's also well-designed, but I don't really like its back end which looks too... fat...
    More pics to come, resizing pics is booring...
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks like a neat city car. what sort of mileage?

80hp i have that in the mini lol
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Damn!! I forgot to blur the numberplate in the first pic!! I got confused, I didn't upload the right pic... Ok, it's too late now. LeonOfTheDead, if you see a car with that numberplate you know who's driving it

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    looks like a neat city car. what sort of mileage?

80hp i have that in the mini lol
    It should be a city car but it's almost 4 meters long. And it's not noisy at all, you can drive on the highway and the engine noise won't ever be annoying.
    About the mileage, it should get 6lt/100km (don't ask me for the conversion right now...) but it will probably get 7lt/100km or more With the gas tank almost full the range is something like 650kms... including a trip on a highway.
    With 80hp your Mini will probably fly from what displacement?

Quote Originally Posted by M_M View Post
    It should be a city car but it's almost 4 meters long. And it's not noisy at all, you can drive on the highway and the engine noise won't ever be annoying.
    About the mileage, it should get 6lt/100km (don't ask me for the conversion right now...) but it will probably get 7lt/100km or more With the gas tank almost full the range is something like 650kms... including a trip on a highway.
    With 80hp your Mini will probably fly from what displacement?
    from 1.3L, and i also get 6L/100km.. look at it this way; you have the same power, but a much bigger and more comfortable car, and manage to get the same or better mileage progress!
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

from 1.3L, and i also get 6L/100km.. look at it this way; you have the same power, but a much bigger and more comfortable car, and manage to get the same or better mileage progress!
    Is it modded?

you have the same power, but a much bigger and more comfortable car
    ... and a letargic acceleration

This friend of mine who owns the r56 (and had an r53) is a member of one of the countless Italian Mini Forums. A member of the forum own an old Mini (dunno the year) and has added the r53 compressor to the engine. Now, with the fuel tank full, he manages 100km dunno about performance, I'll ask my friend...

Is it modded?
    nope, standard '93 rover mini 1.3i. probably heavier than the norm with aircon.
    ... and a letargic acceleration

This friend of mine who owns the r56 (and had an r53) is a member of one of the countless Italian Mini Forums. A member of the forum own an old Mini (dunno the year) and has added the r53 compressor to the engine. Now, with the fuel tank full, he manages 100km dunno about performance, I'll ask my friend...
    lol i hope that's not with the twin tanks fitted i'm getting ~300km out of a 20L tank. the mileage is useful but i seem to refuel a lot (admittedly refueling doesn't take much)

That looks smart! I think the new corsa's (well all new vauxhalls/opels) are a million times better looking than nearly anything they ahve don in the past.

Hope you never need all those airbags.

Enjoy.
    UP THE BORO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Q TOY View Post
    That looks smart! I think the new corsa's (well all new vauxhalls/opels) are a million times better looking than nearly anything they ahve don in the past.
    Yeah, if someone had told a few years ago that in the future I would have bought a Corsa I wouldn't have believed him/her...

Hope you never need all those airbags.
    I hope that too!!

Enjoy.
    Thanks!

Yeah, if someone had told a few years ago that in the future I would have bought a Corsa I wouldn't have believed him/her...

I know what you mean, due to a poor company car list i was forced into having a Astra SRi 1.9tdci with a sports pack.

Love it now. But never in a million years did i think i would become a Astra driver.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 09-11-2008 at 04:33 AM.
    UP THE BORO!!!!

Congrats for the new ride!

I still don't like Opel's interior though

scanning the road for the plate...
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Congrats for the new ride!

I still don't like Opel's interior though
    Thanks! But you have to admit that there's been a HUGE improvement since the previous Corsa... Opel's interiors haven't gone under serious changes for years! My mom had a 1st gen Tigra (great car) and in that car the interior fitted quite well (even though it was a bit boring) because it was a 90s car, but they couldn't go on like that for the years to come!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    scanning the road for the plate...
    Well, I study in Padua, and I've already been there with my Corsa... Maybe we've also seen each other

Rip it a new one !
    I am easily satisfied with the very best.

"It is a very good looking car, If you have cataract" - JC about the Alpine A610

Thread Information