Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron GT

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    And? You're not likely just point and squirt that horrible Diablo kit car SSC up to 400+kmh anytime you think about it. Checking the road before you do 407kmh? Imagine that!
    never said the SSC is a good or good looking car.
    the Veyron is just more "sensible" than others.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 09-17-2008 at 07:18 AM.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

what's odd though is that if they have enough trouble managing heat with the standard engine in the current package, how are they going to do that with even more power....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    what's odd though is that if they have enough trouble managing heat with the standard engine in the current package, how are they going to do that with even more power....
    No body at all perhaps?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    the rear wing is in a horizontal position, allowing just a better aerodynamic penetration but way less downforce, maybe almost none, so basically no handling. the ground clearance is reduced to 45 mm, even a little rock can reduce that space of about the 10%, with eventually big aero problems. the simply fact that you need a second key, and that you need to sign some kind of contract to have it, and that they ask you to check to whole road (track) you are going to face at that speed, and that at that speed you are going to destroy the tires in 15 minutes...
    basically, you can't just take the car and flat out. neither in other supercars, but I never read/heard of so many stuff connected to the top speed of another supercar.
    the Veyron is unusable in that set up. just look at the different angle of the rear wing between normal mode and max-speed mode.

see above, but don't worry, the fuel is going to finish in 12 minutes so if you have new tires you are safe
    Well if you can engineer it so that it didn't need the key and I can go 252 mph whenever I damn wanted when I own the car, I'll call you as an amazing engineer.

It's not possible to make it road worthy, 252 mph capable, comfortable, and fast all at the same time. I'm surprised Buggati even pulled it off.

And would you feel safe driving on the highway with random Veyrons blasting by at 252 mph, with the amount of crashed Enzos as it is?

VW, don't pull off another stupid car. Unless you're making stupid amounts of money as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Well if you can engineer it so that it didn't need the key and I can go 252 mph whenever I damn wanted when I own the car, I'll call you as an amazing engineer.

It's not possible to make it road worthy, 252 mph capable, comfortable, and fast all at the same time. I'm surprised Buggati even pulled it off.

And would you feel safe driving on the highway with random Veyrons blasting by at 252 mph, with the amount of crashed Enzos as it is?

VW, don't pull off another stupid car. Unless you're making stupid amounts of money as it is.
    let see it this way: the Bug weights over 2 tons, and can reach 400 kmh.
    McLaren F1, Koenigsegg and others, can reach 370/380 kmh, but weight 1,1/1,4 tons. The kinetic energy possessed by the two kind of cars is quite different. so I'm more scared by a Bug even doing 350 kmh (standard limited speed without the second key) than by another of those cars doing its max speed.
    btw, the speed aren't "so different" from 370 and 400 kmh , but those cars aren't impossible to drive in the same set up they reach their top speeds at standard speed or even around a track. while the Veyron is impossible to drive in such set up.
    the problem isn't developing a car that can reach that speed and being comfy, usable etc, but to do that with a car that weight over 2 tons and has the shape of a wing, and a bodywork/design that prevent the mechanic parts from cool down.

McLaren F1, Koenigsegg and others, can reach 370/380 kmh, but weight 1,1/1,4 tons. The kinetic energy possessed by the two kind of cars is quite different. so I'm more scared by a Bug even doing 350 kmh (standard limited speed without the second key) than by another of those cars doing its max speed.
    btw, the speed aren't "so different" from 370 and 400 kmh , but those cars aren't impossible to drive in the same set up they reach their top speeds at standard speed or even around a track. while the Veyron is impossible to drive in such set up.
    the problem isn't developing a car that can reach that speed and being comfy, usable etc, but to do that with a car that weight over 2 tons and has the shape of a wing, and a bodywork/design that prevent the mechanic parts from cool down.
    But you also need to realize that the Bug was designed to be fast and comfortable. While the McLaren F1 and Koenigsegg are not spartan, I'm sure that the Bug is more comfortable by far than the other two and is way more luxurious too.

The Buggati was built (quoting the factory) so that a grandmother can drive it. I doubt the same can be said about the McLaren F1 and less so of the Koenigsegg. They would give the same grandmother a heart attack, a stroke, and broken back all at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    But you also need to realize that the Bug was designed to be fast and comfortable. While the McLaren F1 and Koenigsegg are not spartan, I'm sure that the Bug is more comfortable by far than the other two and is way more luxurious too.

The Buggati was built (quoting the factory) so that a grandmother can drive it. I doubt the same can be said about the McLaren F1 and less so of the Koenigsegg. They would give the same grandmother a heart attack, a stroke, and broken back all at the same time.
    true...but the grandma would have a heart attack even knowing that the Bug costed as muc as the other two putted together

true...but the grandma would have a heart attack even knowing that the Bug costed as muc as the other two putted together
    But that grandma could also afford all three at the same time, if she was even interested in buying the Bug in the first place.

You don't express interest in purchasing a car if you certainly know for sure that you can't buy it.

Was VW picky in choosing owners like Ferrari with the Enzo, or was it first come first serve?

I somewhat doubt grannies are typical costumers for supercars...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    Is she hot, too?
    I don't consider an 11 year old girl "hot". You [F word + ing] pedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    More importantly, where would you do 407km/h?
    Except for test tracks, nowhere. Which defies the whole point of being able to do it.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Except for test tracks, nowhere. Which defies the whole point of being able to do it.
    And only on certain race tracks at that.

The good thing about old supercars (80's and 90's) was that you could somewhat attempt to achieve their top speeds on the autobahn. But with those 400km/h cars it's simply impossible.

The Veyron is almost ironic. It's a road biased car that can't really be used in the road.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    And only on certain race tracks at that.

The good thing about old supercars (80's and 90's) was that you could somewhat attempt to achieve their top speeds on the autobahn. But with those 400km/h cars it's simply impossible.

The Veyron is almost ironic. It's a road biased car that can't really be used in the road.
    of course it can. it's a great tourer that can be used either for memorable journeys either for a city (there's one veyron in Poland and the owner is using it as a daily driver - going with it either to work or for bread to supermarket). the point wasn't to prove that owner can make use of all that horsepower - completely the opposite in fact - to offer him endless amounts of it
    12 cylinders or walk!

The McLaren F1 that set the speed record had it's rev limiter removed, and as Top Gear proved, you can't drive a CCX to it's limit without a spoiler which will reduce it's top speed, and it's got adjustable suspension that you really need to set for handling or straight line as a few magazines have pointed out.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    of course it can. it's a great tourer that can be used either for memorable journeys either for a city (there's one veyron in Poland and the owner is using it as a daily driver - going with it either to work or for bread to supermarket). the point wasn't to prove that owner can make use of all that horsepower - completely the opposite in fact - to offer him endless amounts of it
    If you aren't going to use the power, then you might as well have a Polo diesel...
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    The McLaren F1 that set the speed record had it's rev limiter removed, and as Top Gear proved, you can't drive a CCX to it's limit without a spoiler which will reduce it's top speed, and it's got adjustable suspension that you really need to set for handling or straight line as a few magazines have pointed out.
    adjustable suspensions come standard in almost all supercars, can't remember one since...
    the Koenigsegg wing is an optional you can decide, at your risk, to not buy.
    for as regards the rev limiter removed on the McLaren F1, I think I already heard something about it. Without it, it managed an average speed of 387 kmh with a peak of 391. with the rev limiter, 372 kmh come very easily and fastly. fair enough for me.

Thread Information