Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Zytek_Fan finally bought a car!

omg no way
    it's like...i know it can be true but i don't want to believe it
    Zytek_fan searching for a car is like one of the fixtures of the internet
    what will happen now?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Congrats dude.

As Rocke stated, no sub and no amp. This is a car with class. Find an original radio unit. Not a flashy, techy, LCD 2008 one. I would try to keep it as original as possible.

Instead of the sub and the amp, spend the money to get a decent set of Mercedes wheels/AMG wheels. Right, that may not go well with my "original" philosophy, but at least those are OEM wheels. Not bling yo. And f*** hubcaps.

I'm waiting for pics.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Standard W124 wheels should also suffice. although the 5 Spoke AMG block-types will also be more than sufficient.

I also demand that you chrome everything. including the rubbing strips on the side of the car.

You should also put little flag holders on the front guards of the car, along with the flag of some poor Eastern European country, or the Canadian equivalent, Quebec. So that you look like an ambassador.

that could be win.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Standard W124 wheels should also suffice. although the 5 Spoke AMG block-types will also be more than sufficient.

I also demand that you chrome everything. including the rubbing strips on the side of the car.

You should also put little flag holders on the front guards of the car, along with the flag of some poor Eastern European country, or the Canadian equivalent, Quebec. So that you look like an ambassador.

that could be win.
    I see what you did there. Actually, we had a few important figures here, presumably riding in very luxurious car with flags.

From Wiki:

During World War II, two conferences were held in Quebec City. The first one was held in 1943 with Franklin Delano Roosevelt (the United States' president),Winston Churchill (the United Kingdom's prime minister), William Lyon Mackenzie King (Canada's prime minister) and T.V. Soong (China's minister of foreign affairs). The second one was held in 1944, and was attended by Churchill and Roosevelt. They took place in the buildings of the Citadelle and of nearby Château Frontenac. A large part of the D-Day Landings plans were made during those meetings.
    Back on topic now, these would be awesome:

Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Congrats dude.

As Rocke stated, no sub and no amp. This is a car with class. Find an original radio unit. Not a flashy, techy, LCD 2008 one. I would try to keep it as original as possible.

Instead of the sub and the amp, spend the money to get a decent set of Mercedes wheels/AMG wheels. Right, that may not go well with my "original" philosophy, but at least those are OEM wheels. Not bling yo. And f*** hubcaps.

I'm waiting for pics.
    I will still get some upgraded speakers when I can. I gotta have my trance
    But the new headunit is a must, because it doesn't have a CD player, and I need a USB plugin for my Zune

The awesome part about the wheels are they're not hubcaps.
    I was looking at AMG monoblocks.
    The car is white, BTW, so I need some wheels that look good with white

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I will still get some upgraded speakers when I can. I gotta have my trance
    But the new headunit is a must, because it doesn't have a CD player, and I need a USB plugin for my Zune

The awesome part about the wheels are they're not hubcaps.
    I was looking at AMG monoblocks.
    The car is white, BTW, so I need some wheels that look good with white
    OMG WIN. Black wheels then. White car + black wheels = flawless victory.

As for speakers it's not an issue if they're blingish since they are hidden away anyway.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Just make sure they're properly hidden away or at least behind black grilles. because there is nothing worse than bright red aftermarket speakers sticking out like sore thumbs.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Lower it.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

It's your car. Do what you want to it. Don't listen to a bunch of kids on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Lower it.
    This.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Oh it's too big. You must've had quite a bit to spend, more to spend on fuel...
    I didn't have that much. And due to passenger restrictions on younger drivers, I can only have one passenger most of the time anyway.
    And thus, here's my first car, that I bought a month ago. And I love it.

You don't need a new head unit for a USB plug, you've got other options. You can geta cassette thing that sits in the tape slot and plugs into your MP3 player, OR you can get an FM transmitter. What this does is turns your MP3 player's music into an FM signal and transmits it to your radio. You can get them with batteries, or, the ones that plug into the cigarette lighter are cheaper. They're pretty sweet.
    Sadly, my car's speakers are ****ed, and the head unit is the biggest piece of shit ever conceived...but I bought both of these anyway, because they're DIRT cheap!

What's more, I failed my license test on Monday and am going again in a couple of hours.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    All about the t-tops

Well, I listened to the stock speakers a bit, and they're pretty decent, so as far as audio goes, I'll get:
    Kenwood head unit with auxilliary input (apparently the USB codec on the Zune is different than iPod or USB thumbdrive, so I can't be sure a USB input would work...)
    dual 10 inch subwoofer box and a decent amp.

As far as lowering goes, it's pretty low as it is.

Pictures

More pictures!

Nice ride. Looks really well kept! If you recharge the a/c, check to see if it still works a week or two afterwords, the seals tend to dry out when its empty.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    Nice ride. Looks really well kept! If you recharge the a/c, check to see if it still works a week or two afterwords, the seals tend to dry out when its empty.
    Luckily it uses R-134a, so it won't cost an arm and a leg to refill (and it will be legal )

The only bad thing I can think of is that it was repainted (used to be a hideous green), and it was a Maaco job, so it isn't as good as it could be. It is decent, and a good wash and wax and buff should improve it a bit, but it would have been nice if more competent painters repainted it in the beginning.

Thread Information