Thread: PLEASE HELP! CZECH translation needed!

PLEASE HELP! CZECH translation needed!

I have found one very very interesting car, but I can't tell You all anything about it, because all the text is in Czech language, so I would really appreciate if anyone could translate this text from Czech for me and other UCP users.. Thank You very much in advance! the text and pictures can be found here: AutoAbeceda.cz - Splněný sen - AML Lanta
    Last edited by ulimator; 09-23-2008 at 12:34 PM.
    http://www.allcarindex.com - pictured internet directory of automobiles. 7400+ production marques, 4000+ concept cars, 370+ obscure Soviet self-made cars. Discover unknown!

interesting, it's based on Tatra 700...
    12 cylinders or walk!

I'll ask my father to help, he knows some Czech. Tomorrow I'll try to post a translation.

First part ready, next installment will come later in the day

A dream made true – AML Lanta

Building your own sportscar is a dream of every automobile enthusiast. But very have a chance to actually make it. Our long-time reader, Milan Láník, did it.

He started to build the supersport coupe AML Lanta when the Tatra passenger cars were still in production. For the first six months he worked on the car’s design, making hundreds of drawings, but for the whole time having in mind the final design. Later he changed only details like the door closing mechanism or hood hinges.
    As a basis for his project, Mr. Láník chose the mechanicals of the most powerful domestic car at that time – the Tatra 700. However, instead of self-supporting body, he used a spaceframe made of square tubes. After five years of daily work the car was finally ready in 2003. Accidentaly, it was also five years since Tatra ceased production of its passenger models.

Milan Láník (born in 1961) was into cars since the early childhood. His father, Milan Láník sr. was a head mechanic in factory workshops in Luky upon Jihlava. After the socioeconomical changes of 1991, they bought the premises and renamed it Auto Moto Láník (AML). Young Milan has been drawing cars and building modls since he was a child, he also finished a mechanical school and wanted to study design but didn’t manage to pass the exams.
    Today he works in the family company that repairs cars and bikes of all makes, is a dealer of Jawa and Yuki motorbikes, restores classic cars and makes designs for external clients (eg. Jawa 650 Bizon motorbike). The Lanta coupe caused a lot of stir, but the end of Tatra passenger cars’ production meant also the end of any plans for bigger production.
    Last edited by go.pawel; 09-24-2008 at 12:39 AM.
    It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

Quote Originally Posted by ulimator View Post
    I would really appreciate if anyone could translate this text from Czech for me and other UCP users.. Thank You very much in advance! the text and pictures can be found here: AutoAbeceda.cz - Splněný sen - AML Lanta

Google language tools aren't perfect but they work well enough.

Translated version of http://www.autoabeceda.cz/rarity/splneny-sen-aml-lanta.htm
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Thread Information