Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Singapore Grand Prix

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    The venue was horrible. Real racing circuits are being sacrificed for novelty events to pad Bernie's pocket....nothing new...just saying.
    I'd agree with that.
    Lewis was right in saying strategy would decide the result in "Valencia II".

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    I'd agree with that.
    Lewis was right in saying strategy would decide the result in "Valencia II".
    IMO it's more a problem of how the cars are designed.
    and also, with all those money involved, the drivers are very careful (or required to be) about what they do, so there couldn't be an heavy fight, or someone who drives really over the limit. see what happened to Raikkonen. he was pushing hard (maybe not enough, that's not the point) trying to overtake Glock, but he hit the rail and now everyone is saying that he failed because he should have thought to the interest of the team and other things.
    While if you look at other racing series where younger drivers are featured and less money involved, they are running like mad, overtaking continuously and eventually making more errors, but those races are more similar to the old one than what F1 actually is right now.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I thought it was better than Valencia, simply because of the night racing aspect. It is different, and adds to the drama of F1. As opposed to just having a boring race on a uninspiring track that looks normal, have a boring race on uninspiring track with a difference....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I thought it was better than Valencia, simply because of the night racing aspect. It is different, and adds to the drama of F1. As opposed to just having a boring race on a uninspiring track that looks normal, have a boring race on uninspiring track with a difference....
    agree

I think it is a good track, not considering overtaking issue. I wouldn't mind having it in some racing game.

the accident-safety car usual mess isn't related to the circuit, walls apart of course.

The liberal use of the safety car these days turns F1 into a lottery. Alonso would never have under normal circumstances. I switched to the World Championship Bicycles. Much more interesting.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The liberal use of the safety car these days turns F1 into a lottery. Alonso would never have under normal circumstances. I switched to the World Championship Bicycles. Much more interesting.
    At least it's not as bad as NASCRAP, where they'll send out the safety car if there's a blown tire on the track

no, its much worse than that....they'll send full course yellow if they THINK there are debris on the track, even if no one else sees it.....then there are also the issue of "competition yellow"....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

So...great job for Nakajima, I see.

At least it's not the narrow crash-fest that is Macau.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    So...great job for Nakajima, I see.

At least it's not the narrow crash-fest that is Macau.
    they should have rent the marshals from there though

i think that the result was well deserved for Alonso & Rosberg.

On the other hand i think that the saftey car car rule has to be changed, now Massa chances are extremly slim.

Well... There goes the championship for Massa all because of the "HI-TECH" lights which had already struck them twice... Why don't htey just put the man with the "Lollypop" in front of the car... I thing the current signal light which flasses green are set by timers (at least, that's what i think) - because they go green even if the fuel hose is still fitted in to the car... I wouldn't be surprised if they bring the lollypop man next race.

The penalty given to Massa by the FIA is what you call "OVERKILL". The man already went from hero to zero, from the lead to the dead last. How could you inflict more damage in to the situation...

By the way, in terms of championship... Why is it that it always favor lewis hamilton in terms of luck... If he wins the Championship, some might say he does not deserve it... Mainly because he is not working as hard as Felipe or any of the other drivers... Also, he abuses the other drivers by intimidating them too much... We know that the McLAren is the car to beat but Lewis shouldn't be driving like a Maniac because of overconfidence in the car...

By the way, congratulations to Fernando Alonso, Nico Rosberg... tHey deserve those great results...

Also to Sebastien Vettel and Toro Rosso for their great win in Italy... Keep it up guys...

Finally to Ferrari's lollypop man... You might want to get your job back...
    Last edited by Bleeding Heart; 09-28-2008 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    By the way, in terms of championship... Why is it that it always favor lewis hamilton in terms of luck... If he wins the Championship, some might say he does not deserve it... Mainly because he is not working as hard as Felipe or any of the other drivers... Also, he abuses the other drivers by intimidating them too much... We know that the McLAren is the car to beat but Lewis shouldn't be driving like a Maniac because of overconfidence in the car...
    hmmmmmmmm, interesting thoughts. Not a Hamilton guy are ya?
    Last edited by scottie300z; 09-28-2008 at 08:23 PM.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The whole pitting situation during a SC period screws everything up too much. All credit to Renault and Williams for exploiting it, but I want to see a race won by speed with a little luck, rather than a race won by luck and a little speed. I don't want to detract from what Alsonso and Rosberg did, they performed fine, I have a problem with the system not with them.
    At Singapore I wanted the best racer to win and the best race to happen. (I know Alonso is probably better than the frontrunners, but you know what I mean.) Neither of these things happened. I realize that backmarkers winning is part of what makes the sport so eventful, but handing them the win just seems wrong. Ther was no brilliant overtaking either.
    Though the track looks like it might be fun to drive, but it doesn't seem like a track where racing can happen. I think after the glow of insanity that this year's race created and the novelty of a night race wears off, this cicuit will become boring. It will be just like Valencia, but it boringness is just not as soon in coming.

Damn Heikki! What were you doing out there?
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    The penalty given to Massa by the FIA is what you call "OVERKILL". The man already went from hero to zero, from the lead to the dead last. How could you inflict more damage in to the situation...
    Overkill? He got a lesser penalty than Kubica and Rosberg and did something far worse. If anything, he shouldve recieved a stop go and the other 2 simply drive-throughs. Combine the whole pit fiasco with another unsafe release and maybe he shouldve simply been disqualified.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    Overkill? He got a lesser penalty than Kubica and Rosberg and did something far worse. If anything, he shouldve recieved a stop go and the other 2 simply drive-throughs. Combine the whole pit fiasco with another unsafe release and maybe he shouldve simply been disqualified.
    I think Ferrari should be investigated. That electronic lollipop (and its operators) keep f*cking up quite badly.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information