Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ze Cherman AutoFest 2008! Wünderbar!

So much talk of balls. Seriously, no wonder people question you all.

Quote Originally Posted by falcon500
    How did you hear about this IB4R? I would of loved to of gone but I heard nothing AT ALL about this happening
    This was advertised on the Shannons event website.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndClassCitizen
    Where was my invite huh? Dick.
    You could have come. I just presumed you were too busy being a Dick.

Seriously, when was the last time we evented? we should do so more often.

I attended the Sutton Rally On the Saturday as well. Cleaning up those photos eventually & they will be posted tomorrow.

Unfortunately they aren't all very good - I'm still picking up panning.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    You could have come. I just presumed you were too busy being a Dick.
    Actually, I knew it was on, went past it on the way home from the airport. Just hadn't slept that night and was wrecked.

Seriously, when was the last time we evented? we should do so more often.
    Good point. I mean, it's not as though we live in the same city or anything is it?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Indeed. I guess the next big deal would be Summernats.

Not that you'd lower yourself to attend such an event.

I wouldn't be so sure.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Would you lower yourself to turn up to such an event in a Grey Volvo.

Named Ingrid.

With Tissues on the back parcel shelf.

Indeed. I guess the next big deal would be Summernats.

Not that you'd lower yourself to attend such an event.
    ah, the bogan breeding program
    i did find it wierd last time when everyone said to get out before nightfall.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Seriously. you don't want to be there after dark.

Thats when the breeding program kicks in.

During daylight hours at least a veneer of car love is maintained.

Seriously. you don't want to be there after dark.

Thats when the breeding program kicks in.

During daylight hours at least a veneer of car love is maintained.
    i can almost hear the nasal "dew a beernout" and the desperate "get yer tits out for the boys" ( boys indeed), the mating cry of the drunk bogan
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Would you lower yourself to turn up to such an event in a Grey Volvo.

Named Ingrid.

With Tissues on the back parcel shelf.
    Hell yes. Especially if you get cruise tickets. Lapping the 'Nats all day in Grey Volvo = Simple Epic Lulz.
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Hell yes. Especially if you get cruise tickets. Lapping the 'Nats all day in Grey Volvo = Simple Epic Lulz.
    everyone would think it was a sleeper, like that nrma car
    but the moment when realisation hits would be priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    You of course realise they will be throwing lit toilet rolls dipped in diesel at it dont you?

The nats seems to get worse every year great cars but its ruined by dickheads I still find it amazing that they seem to think its ok to scream show us your titts to anyone I once saw a grand stand target what was a 15 yo girl identifying her by her purple top "purple top show us your titts" and surrounding cars yelling titts or rubber one or the other and attemptin to lift the back of the car (usually by the rear guards) is just degnerate behavior.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

As clutch said - Bogan breeding ground.

It's not billed as a Family festival for the most part - it's billed as a boys weekend. And as such people need to treat it with the same disdain they treat drunken yobbos out on a thursday night being bounced out of Mooseheads where even the desperate drunk fat girl CBF'ed going near him because he's peed himself.

As for the Volvo Cruise....yeah....not so much....

It's not billed as a Family festival for the most part - it's billed as a boys weekend.
    Yes but its also not billed as harass people because they have boobs weekend either.

Im not expecting them to be angels but I am expecting them to at least not throw out every bit of morals they have.

Its really sad and shows that most havent had sex (or never had) since highschool and I bet they wonder why.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I didn't think borgwards were exported.
    I've seen one hansa wagon here in the states, but for some reason in the back of my mind i though they were only for sale in europe.
    Isabellas sold moderately well in Oz, at least in the southern State of Victoria, where they were once a not uncommon sight. This included a surprising percentage of the very pretty coupe. The marque was recognised here for its outstanding quality and was overall a fairly prestigious item in its day

This is definately one of those brands that deserved better than what was dealt it by history. Btw there's an interesting connection to be found about Mexico and production thereof, in Borgward's final years
    ________

One of my favorites of the show was the wonderful little Auto Union depicted in post #2 'insert generic fill' pic #2, a lovely soft grey SP 1000 coupe which looks for all the world like a shrunk-down '57 Thunderbird. Under the bonnet lay an extremely forward-positioned Two-Stroke triple with lots of aluminium, positioned north-south, and with radiator mounted behind the engine! I noticed a nice set of finned drums too, it was a real cutie

Another notable exhibit I thought was a fab-o NSU Spyder (1965?) in black (ex USA import) and red interior of course, beautifully restored, with its untra compact rear-mounted rotary engine and large 'Wankel' badges proudly displayed on bootlid and dashboard. Also droolworthy was the pictured NSU TTS in red (especially love them in that funky '70s orange)

Lots of other interesting machines on display and I think there was even the unique to Oz (and incredibly rare) Goggomobile box van with the fibreglass body, perhaps the only one still extant. I would liked to have stayed longer but fell victim to the really dreadful 1950s & '60s 'easy listening' music being piped through the PA system, and had to withdraw. I mean could you imagine putting up with a totally middle-of-the-road (genuine elevator-style) version of the 'Bossanova' with organ backing music .... AND being sung in German??

I swore i heard "Dschingis Khan" played in amongst the 70's german pop music.

Honestly, It was tacky gold.

The 1000 was a gorgeous car & they parked it pretty well to get some decent photos, but there was such a crowd around it most of the time. I can see why.

Another rarity (around these parts anyway) was the MkII VW Golf County that was sitting quietly in amongst the VW stands.

The three BMW 540i LE's, BTW, are very rare Manuals. One of them belongs to an ex colleague and has been featured in BMW car magazine. pretty cool, and VERY quick.

Thread Information