Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ze Cherman AutoFest 2008! Wünderbar!

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Yes but its also not billed as harass people because they have boobs weekend either.

Im not expecting them to be angels but I am expecting them to at least not throw out every bit of morals they have.

Its really sad and shows that most havent had sex (or never had) since highschool and I bet they wonder why.
    Have to agree with you here Falcon, and frankly its come to the point where I've found it personally embarrassing to be associated with such offensively sexist behaviour, not to mention the low-brow antics. Not my kind of 'car enthusiasts' thats for sure

Some friends of mine made the mistake of taking their 13 y/o daughter along (who is/was getting really interested in cars) and her girfriend from school. This was before midday, mind you. But never again, I hear .. apparently it was pretty appaling and they left (had to) after less than half an hour

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    I swore i heard "Dschingis Khan" played in amongst the 70's german pop music.

Honestly, It was tacky gold.

The 1000 was a gorgeous car & they parked it pretty well to get some decent photos, but there was such a crowd around it most of the time. I can see why.

Another rarity (around these parts anyway) was the MkII VW Golf County that was sitting quietly in amongst the VW stands.

The three BMW 540i LE's, BTW, are very rare Manuals. One of them belongs to an ex colleague and has been featured in BMW car magazine. pretty cool, and VERY quick.
    were there any E24 635csi's?
    Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Have to agree with you here Falcon, and frankly its come to the point where I've found it personally embarrassing to be associated with such offensively sexist behaviour, not to mention the low-brow antics. Not my kind of 'car enthusiasts' thats for sure

Some friends of mine made the mistake of taking their 13 y/o daughter along (who is/was getting really interested in cars) and her girfriend from school. This was before midday, mind you. But never again, I hear .. apparently it was pretty appaling and they left (had to) after less than half an hour
    yeah, the promotional girls put up with a lot of crap as well, no doubt. the event itself is awesome, just the caliber of the people who attend...
    if only that helicopter gunship was used properly
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

There was an E24...but I was too busy drooling over the Maroon 850Ci coupe they had.

Make it an 840Ci (I've been told the V12's aren't worth the trouble) and yeah....Do want.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

there was actually an 850ci for sale recently, can't remember if it was here or abroad.
    it had chameleon paint... do not want
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Apprently the BMW v12s are not terribly fast and are one of the most expensive things on the planet to service.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

My Colleagues father attests to this - He services BMW's and says the minimal performance gain of the V12 does not justify the complication and expense.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    My Colleagues father attests to this - He services BMW's and says the minimal performance gain of the V12 does not justify the complication and expense.
    Id feel ever so sorry for him if he works for rolfe classic I had the misfortune of working at their used yard (now so called presteige and mini yard) and I do say that they are unorginized,nasty and the asshole doesnt know what the elbows doing.

As the yardie id have head of sales at used tell me somthing to do then id have site manager scross the road tell me somthing to do then id have the dealer princabel tell me somthing to do and no matter I done after that 2 of those 3 would abuse me for not doing what they asked.

Also not helped by the fact that (new) BMWS are notoriously hard to service and near impossible to wire.
    Last edited by Falcon500; 10-05-2008 at 05:41 AM.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

In a local car yard there's a white 750iL with 300,000 kms on it thats been sitting unsold for around a year, the guy offered it to me a while ago for $2500

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500 View Post
    Id feel ever so sorry for him if he works for rolfe classic I had the misfortune of working at their used yard (now so called presteige and mini yard) and I do say that they are unorginized,nasty and the asshole doesnt know what the elbows doing.

As the yardie id have head of sales at used tell me somthing to do then id have site manager scross the road tell me somthing to do then id have the dealer princabel tell me somthing to do and no matter I done after that 2 of those 3 would abuse me for not doing what they asked.

Also not helped by the fact that (new) BMWS are notoriously hard to service and near impossible to wire.
    Nah he works from home and we've done work on all my cars there previously.

Top bloke. I know the 540s too and theyre super clean.
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information