Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Women turned on by Maserati sound

I'm about to buy a tape recorder....

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Ok let's be controversial.

Ghibli > Daytona.

Beat that.
    No argument from me. I don't really see the appeal of the Daytona's looks (or the Rovers SD1's) and the Ghibli is an amazing looking car. Not having driven either don't know about that, but in the looks dept. the Maser kills the Daytona.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Ok let's be controversial.

Ghibli > Daytona.

Beat that.
    Oh no! A challenge I can't pick up. I would have been very pleased to beat that claim, but unfortunately, I agree with you.

After all, the Ghibli was designed by an illustrious Giugiaro... not as prestigious as the Pininfarina house, but yet, Giugiaro's portfolio is not light on content.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    No argument from me. I don't really see the appeal of the Daytona's looks (or the Rovers SD1's) and the Ghibli is an amazing looking car. Not having driven either don't know about that, but in the looks dept. the Maser kills the Daytona.
    I concur.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I liked the look of my old Rover SD1... I'd've liked the rest of it if it was reliable too. I think I'd prefer to have a Ghibli though...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ErWin76 View Post
    Hiscox
    Women turn on to a throbbing Maserati • The Register

Could this mean major boost for Maserati sales figures.
    Well after a woman hear that engine she will go: "ooh i love how that Ferrari sounds!"
    Im going to be bold and say that approx. 8 out of 10 women don't know Maserati!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Oh no! A challenge I can't pick up. I would have been very pleased to beat that claim, but unfortunately, I agree with you.

After all, the Ghibli was designed by an illustrious Giugiaro... not as prestigious as the Pininfarina house, but yet, Giugiaro's portfolio is not light on content.
    Don't forget the magnificent race bred V8.

The Daytona for me (while great) is the obvious choice. The Maser by being the underdog (and being a Giugiaro masterpiece) is much more appealing.

And about the driving, well apparently both are a bit agricultural. But that'd be like complaining because a girl that gives you great sex doesn't kiss very well. It's irrelevant.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post

Giugiaro was voted the best automotive designer of the 20th century.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I liked the look of my old Rover SD1... I'd've liked the rest of it if it was reliable too. I think I'd prefer to have a Ghibli though...
    British engineering at its best modern (at the time) ferrari based looks reasonble sized all alloy v8 but drastically hamperd by 1950s suspension, lucas electrics that like to short out and sometimes caught fire and topped off with british build quality which ment the door can and will fall of at any given time and if they manage to hold on they will sag dramatically with age (which sets the tone for the rest of the car deterioation) and often set automotive records for how quickly they rust.

Ghilbli is a clear winner over the daytona btw

How ironic that such a stupid thread is getting some intresting things being said quite often its the other way around :O
    Last edited by Falcon500; 10-06-2008 at 01:44 AM.
    Lifts heavy things and hits hard......also eats as much as 2/3 people and sleeps 10 hours a day!

Since I hear a Maserati V8 talking to me almost on a daily basis, I will confirm that it's much better than anything else. Ferrari don't make such a deep and vibrating sound, still gorgeous sound but too much aggressive, they are closer to a racing car. The new California has a strange sound though, you can hear the air sucked by the engine and behind this sound there is also a deep note. I prefer the Maserati V8 btw, gorgeous at any rev.

for as regards Maserati Vs Ferrari, somehow Maserati is more appelaing to me, it has a class and a presence Ferrari lacks. as someone pointed out, lately Ferrari became very aggressive but lost the elegance of some previous models. See 355 Vs F430.
    Beauty is a personal opinion, someone could say and argue both old and new Ferrari are better than whichever Maserati, and I would respect that.
    I like both the Daytona and the Ghibli, and having the possibility of owning just one of them, you would need to wait a lot fro my final decision.

While, talking about the MC12, I had the possibility to have close and very long look both at the Enzo and at the MC12, both standard and Corsa edition. The MC12 road car is huge, especially long, and the rear wing isn't so harmonic with the rest of the car. but the level of the details, it's natural and aerodynamic shape are far more interesting than the angular and still very efficient Enzo. The MC12 Corsa is probably one of the best modern sport cars I ever seen, it's brutal, muscular and catalyzes your eyes as if nothing else exists around it. it takes the MC12 GT1 at a new level. so for this, and the Pininfarina 75th Birdcage Concept, I am so happy they built the MC12, I will forgive the fact that is just a rebodied and stretched Enzo.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    While, talking about the MC12, I had the possibility to have close and very long look both at the Enzo and at the MC12, both standard and Corsa edition. The MC12 road car is huge, especially long, and the rear wing isn't so harmonic with the rest of the car. but the level of the details, it's natural and aerodynamic shape are far more interesting than the angular and still very efficient Enzo. The MC12 Corsa is probably one of the best modern sport cars I ever seen, it's brutal, muscular and catalyzes your eyes as if nothing else exists around it. it takes the MC12 GT1 at a new level. so for this, and the Pininfarina 75th Birdcage Concept, I am so happy they built the MC12, I will forgive the fact that is just a rebodied and stretched Enzo.
    In my opinion the problem with the MC12 isn't the size or the ugliness, but rather that it is somewht a very un-Maserati car.

Maserati's are usually about fast luxury, the ability to go fast but be comfortable at the same time. Nothing too extreme. The MC12 is none of those things. It is a Ferrari not a Maserati at heart and this shows.

The Birdcage though is stunning. If only the production MC12 looked like it maybe I'd have forgotten about everything else...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

In my opinion the problem with the MC12 isn't the size or the ugliness, but rather that it is somewht a very un-Maserati car.

Maserati's are usually about fast luxury, the ability to go fast but be comfortable at the same time. Nothing too extreme. The MC12 is none of those things. It is a Ferrari not a Maserati at heart and this shows.

The Birdcage though is stunning. If only the production MC12 looked like it maybe I'd have forgotten about everything else...
    You are seriously right.
    I still can live with the MC12's standard look though

Wait... aren't current Maseratis developed and designed by Ferrari???

So

Ferrari = Maserati... :-)
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    Wait... aren't current Maseratis developed and designed by Ferrari???
    since the 4200 GT

That car is everything that is right with car design.

Thread Information