Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: College

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche View Post
    Where did you go?

Why no UGA?

I've been to A&M, UCLA and UCSB. Loved all of them, UCLA would be my #1 if I knew I would get in and if it wasn't in Los Angeles.
    I went to Tulane. And no UGA because I hate GA and especially anybody that is associated with it. Much like Ohio State.

As I went to a private school, I dont have the ire towards them that most do. If you are in the need for financial aid, sometimes the private schools have larger coffers with which to draw from. it cost me less to go to Tulane than NC State (although I came out with more loans than i would have from NCSU).

I would agree that a bigger city is better than the middle of nowhere (i.e. most texas schools), and a city without a large college presence is even better (unlike college station). The ability to to leave campus and escape that very closed off world is invaluable to your sanity.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Does UGA even have a good engineering program? I don't mind the school but if you want to do engineering dont go there.

Apply to Ohio State which has an excellent automotive research lab (the C.A.R. lab). They built the world's fastest fuel cell vehicle, electric car, do all kinds of battery, combustion, you name it automotive research great place.

(pre-med).
    Unless you want to go into a profession where the government is going to socialize it (inevitable and unfortunate in my opinion) then I wouldn't recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Laval.
    gaaaay, loljk, but srsly Mcgill pwns.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Thought about it. Might go there too. I don't know yet.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

I'll be applying for University of Idaho, Oregon State University, and Washington State University.
    If I don't do a sport that gets me admittance to either Oregon State or Washington State, I'll be going to UofI, which isn't that bad. Their electric engineering program seems to be good, as does their IT manager program...

And yes, I missed out on trying out for football this year, but I will next year, just to see...

^if you are that 'lax towards trying out for next year "just to see", you probably wont make the team. all are division i schools. keep on dreaming buddy.
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by blingbling View Post
    ^if you are that 'lax towards trying out for next year "just to see", you probably wont make the team. all are division i schools. keep on dreaming buddy.
    Hey, you never know

I was going to tryout this year, but I missed it

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    ETS.....before I join FSAE I've never heard of it, but now I think that's one of the nicest school I think in Quebec. Especially if you want to do engineering. Also in Montreal I believe. One of the top FSAE program in Canada(and world wide). THE best Mini-Baja program in the world. And seem to have excellent access to modern resources and composite facility.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

agreed

mp its nice to see you have mostly state schools. but TCU, wow. its private AND non-secular. please refrain from going here. i hate nepotism, and private schools have a lot of nepotists. so to christian schools. so this place is filled with nepotism. but i guess you are also one from that breed, i assume you mommy and daddy pay your tuition right? if not, good on ya!

TCU may have "Christian" in the name, but it isn't exactly a religious school, and I don't think the nepotism will apply here since no one in my family has gone there.

also school in a large city > a school in some random small little bs college town.
    Fort Worth is about a million people and it's about 45 minutes from Dallas which is another 4ish million people.

MP the only one i like there is UCLA because its in la
    Hmm, that's the only reason it isn't my #1.

i didnt even know uga did engineering. are you bs'ing to us? tsk tsk you better not. you can not bullsh*t a bullsh*tter
    See below.

Quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Does UGA even have a good engineering program? I don't mind the school but if you want to do engineering dont go there.
    No they (surprisingly for a school its size) don't even have one. If I went there it would be because I didn't get into A&M, and I would be a mathematics, physics or biology major.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Have you looked at Arizona or Arizona State?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    Have you looked at Arizona or Arizona State?
    Not a big fan of the desert.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Not a big fan of the desert.
    What about Oklahoma or Kansas?
    You only have tornados to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post
    do your apps and don't be lazy! over apply!
    Indeed. I applied to 8 schools, and was accepted to all of them. It's always worth it.

agreed

mp its nice to see you have mostly state schools. but TCU, wow. its private AND non-secular. please refrain from going here. i hate nepotism, and private schools have a lot of nepotists. so to christian schools. so this place is filled with nepotism. but i guess you are also one from that breed, i assume you mommy and daddy pay your tuition right? if not, good on ya!

also school in a large city > a school in some random small little bs college town.

MP the only one i like there is UCLA because its in la

i didnt even know uga did engineering. are you bs'ing to us? tsk tsk you better not. you can not bullsh*t a bullsh*tter

anyways, UCLA, because its LA. i hate la because you can't get around without a car, it is filled with airheads and the materialism is worse than new york. BUTTT, its still better than all those other random college town/hick towns that you picked for the other ones.

academically, for undergraduates, all the schools that have 20000 dollars or more per student have pretty much the same quality of education as each other. all those "college rankings" bs are still mainly based on GRADUATE school reputation, not undergraduates. the key really is to look at how much the money the school has (endowment) and how many students the school has. all the schools you picked are good financially, so they are good academically.
    Best post in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan View Post
    What about Oklahoma or Kansas?
    You only have tornados to worry about.
    SOONERS BABY!
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    SOONERS BABY!
    might as well be in the desert