Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Relocated to the US. Young and foolish. Had to try it.

Nice to see you back rasmus and surprised you relocated to the states. Maybe you can explain to the Europeans this country ain't so bad after all. Congrats on the purchase man.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

HAHAHAHA Funny man
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Nice choice lol. Go join the corral. I got the same username there too. The Corral - Home great place for mustang lovers
    My rides:
    1999 Mustang GT

1974 Ford Country Squire (for sale!)

1991 Jeep Cherokee

1970 Shelby GT500

I'm happy to say they car did great on the long way down to Key West. 1200 miles, and the only real problem is the fact that you can't turn of the interior lights if the key is not in the ignition - one would think that Ford had a meticulous QA department but I guess not. Also, when you start using the cup holders it becomes blatantly obvious that Ford designed it with an automatic tranny in mind. Apart from that it's a surprisingly comfortable car to do +5hrs behind the wheel in - eg. no back aches, and plenty of leg room in the driver's seat.

@MRR: I sure am! And yeah, I don't get why NC is doing an involuntary boycott of gas. Seems rather silly.

@ThisBlood147: Thanks, and that sure is a mighty fine Saleen blower you got there! Anything else done? If I get a ticket for speeding my insurance premium is going to go through the roof so I'm going to start by sorting out the suspension. Better leave FI alone for now although it sure is tempting.

@Rockefella: Thanks, and sure - if you can tell me why some Americans think I'm from Holland just because I'm Danish. I wouldn't call it a common misconception but I've encountered it a couple of times. Apart from that the US is cool.

@Juggs: Done and done.
    Turning money into memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post

@ThisBlood147: Thanks, and that sure is a mighty fine Saleen blower you got there! Anything else done? If I get a ticket for speeding my insurance premium is going to go through the roof so I'm going to start by sorting out the suspension. Better leave FI alone for now although it sure is tempting.
    You can check out the stuff I've got done in the user ride thread I posted a while back: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ut-s-mine.html

I was very pleased with how well the car tracks since doing the suspension. I'm just having to fight with the curb leading from the street into my driveway since I put the lowering springs in. But that's not really the car's fault.

Trust me on this: get you a good cold air induction kit and premium octane tune, then do some performance springs (I suggest the FRPP ones, perfect ride height IMO). These couple of simple modifications will vastly improve the car's power and handling attributes without breaking the bank or sacrificing driving comfort. Good exhaust will net you impressive gains as well, but only if you're willing to do some long tube headers. Short tubes will gain you very little over the factory manifolds, and the factory mid-pipe and mufflers already flow really well. Problem with LT's is that they are pretty expensive for these cars, and when you install them............the car gets reeeeaally loud.

Let me know if you need any help.
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 10-20-2008 at 02:02 PM.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Excellent info, and really sweet car!

I have been looking at this along with, yeah, the FRPP springs. That's about it for now. Not sure I want to be doing anything to the exhaust yet - I need to investigate further.

You need some agent 47 stuff on your rig.
    S197 Products
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

@Rockefella: Thanks, and sure - if you can tell me why some Americans think I'm from Holland just because I'm Danish. I wouldn't call it a common misconception but I've encountered it a couple of times. Apart from that the US is cool.
    This is why.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Excellent info, and really sweet car!

I have been looking at this along with, yeah, the FRPP springs. That's about it for now. Not sure I want to be doing anything to the exhaust yet - I need to investigate further.
    Don't worry about it if you don't want to touch the exhaust yet. I'm pushing over 450bhp and I'm still on factory exhaust........from the manifolds all the way back to the mufflers. I like having my car sound factory stock, even though I'm far from it. I think that JLT setup plus the FRPP springs will put a decent grin on your face, and should keep you satisfied for quite some time. Well........at least until the itch to make the car faster starts to creep in.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

From the road trip down to Key West that I did with a buddy of mine two weeks ago.

Suspension. Wheels. Supercharger.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

wheels are fine man, jsut maybe add a super charger and get the white side & bonnet stripes. I didn't think I liked the metallic red but actually it really suits the car, like it alot!
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

I'm definitely having it lowered 1.5-2 inches. Supercharger will have to wait. I can still break the rear end lose pretty easily so it's not because I need that much extra - not at $6k.

And yes, the pearl effect in the paintjob really does come alive in the sun!

Hmmmm...
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

As I have the new wheels and suspension en route, I thought I'd grab a few 'before' shots. Please pardon the bad light - no pocket wizards and I constantly find myself running out of daylight because I work long hours.

That, and a PS composite to show off some of the mods.

Thread Information