Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Relocated to the US. Young and foolish. Had to try it.

I'm not as much of a fan of the Convertible. but hey, you've got to do a mustang properly......
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Funny thing is, I wasn't either to begin with. Then I tried one with the top down, and had to have it. Heck, it's even worse now that I have the muffler delete, axle-back exhausts on.
    Turning money into memories.

Thats pretty sweet, dude.

cruising down the boulevard is sooooo US.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

its lookin good. love those NC plates too.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Just a quick update. I'm getting more into drag racing than I'd anticipated. The thrill of getting that perfect hook, chasing down your 60 footer, figuring out how to launch on that track on that particular day.. it is really rather addicting!

Anyway, here's a few recent pics:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7336/img0376edit.jpg
    http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9899/img0393edit.jpg

I still have the set of fully adjustable Tokico D-Specs with Steeda Competition springs lying at home. Will probably be mounted sometime next week when I'll have the car dynoed as a baseline for a supercharger install.

Here's a video from the Fayetteville track yesterday:

13.5024s, 104.6mph, Fayetteville April 19th on Vimeo

Nobody could get a decent hook, and we had a slight drizzle as well as a strong headwind that blew sand onto the track. I still managed to squeeze in a 13.50 sec run with otherwise consistent 13.6 runs. The guy in the lane next to me had a lighter coupe with more bolt-ons, drag gears, 295 wide Nitto drag radials, and did consistent 14's with one run in 13.8's. Conditions were not good, but I was kinda pleased.

13.1 should be possible if I can get the 255's to hook properly and the 60 footer down in the 2.0's instead of it being way up high in the current 2.2's. Yeah, I'm somewhat addicted to this bunch of nonsense

If they are street tires, don't bother doing a burnout, it doesn't do anything to help you. Try working on your reaction times a bit too.
    The car looks phenomenal, I can't wait to see it with the new suspension under it. Have you thought about getting some slicks to use while at the track? That might help you out quite a bit once the supercharger is put on.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Niiiice, looks much better with clear indicator lenses, those wheels really finish them off.
    My neighbor has an imported '05 Mustang GT 5-spd, it was bright gloss red with white stripes with black wheels, 18inch on the front, 20inch on the rear, both running 40+ profiles. He had to hammer out the rear arches and fit 1.5inch riser plates up rear just to fit them in, it's got an insane rake on it. I think they're going for 20s all round in a few weeks. Oh, and he's just had it wrapped in Matte black with gloss black stripes. I'll try and locate some pictures

EDIT: Found one
    Attached Images Attached Images
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    If they are street tires, don't bother doing a burnout, it doesn't do anything to help you. Try working on your reaction times a bit too.
    The car looks phenomenal, I can't wait to see it with the new suspension under it. Have you thought about getting some slicks to use while at the track? That might help you out quite a bit once the supercharger is put on.
    I agree completely! I don't normally spin the tires, but on the previous pass I had to go around a stranded pro-street car on the return, which meant going out onto a patch of grass. Tires sucked up a lot of dirt.

My reaction times are horrible. I can do a .3-.5 sec reaction times, but as I'm only doing test and tune sessions, I've been concentrating on the launches. I think the reaction time in the vid was a horrid .9.

Slicks are next in line. I'm scouring the Mustang forums for a used set of 17 inch rims (not keen on replacing the brakes just yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Niiiice, looks much better with clear indicator lenses, those wheels really finish them off.
    My neighbor has an imported '05 Mustang GT 5-spd, it was bright gloss red with white stripes with black wheels, 18inch on the front, 20inch on the rear, both running 40+ profiles. He had to hammer out the rear arches and fit 1.5inch riser plates up rear just to fit them in, it's got an insane rake on it. I think they're going for 20s all round in a few weeks. Oh, and he's just had it wrapped in Matte black with gloss black stripes. I'll try and locate some pictures

EDIT: Found one
    Oh my sweet Lord, that's one insane rake! I'm not sure that's not a bit too over the top though. The matte black look I like! We've had a gloss black GT500KR with matte black stripes at the dealer, and it looked amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Just a quick update. I'm getting more into drag racing than I'd anticipated. The thrill of getting that perfect hook, chasing down your 60 footer, figuring out how to launch on that track on that particular day.. it is really rather addicting!

Anyway, here's a few recent pics:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7336/img0376edit.jpg
    http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9899/img0393edit.jpg

I still have the set of fully adjustable Tokico D-Specs with Steeda Competition springs lying at home. Will probably be mounted sometime next week when I'll have the car dynoed as a baseline for a supercharger install.

Here's a video from the Fayetteville track yesterday:

13.5024s, 104.6mph, Fayetteville April 19th on Vimeo

Nobody could get a decent hook, and we had a slight drizzle as well as a strong headwind that blew sand onto the track. I still managed to squeeze in a 13.50 sec run with otherwise consistent 13.6 runs. The guy in the lane next to me had a lighter coupe with more bolt-ons, drag gears, 295 wide Nitto drag radials, and did consistent 14's with one run in 13.8's. Conditions were not good, but I was kinda pleased.

13.1 should be possible if I can get the 255's to hook properly and the 60 footer down in the 2.0's instead of it being way up high in the current 2.2's. Yeah, I'm somewhat addicted to this bunch of nonsense
    Your car is looking great and you had a fantastic run for a Vert, like you said, decent hook should drop that into the low 13s. Good stuff man, keep the videos / photos coming!

I have yet to take my car to the track, I too want to give it a try at the 1/4 mile. The best time ever (verified) for a 100% stock, 2007 Nissan 350Z 6-speed Base is [email protected], it must have been under excellent conditions since the regular time is around 13.4 - 13.5

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    Your car is looking great and you had a fantastic run for a Vert, like you said, decent hook should drop that into the low 13s. Good stuff man, keep the videos / photos coming!

I have yet to take my car to the track, I too want to give it a try at the 1/4 mile. The best time ever (verified) for a 100% stock, 2007 Nissan 350Z 6-speed Base is [email protected], it must have been under excellent conditions since the regular time is around 13.4 - 13.5
    i need to get mine to a strip too. a friend and i have discussed driving up to infinion and taking a few runs... unfortunately it's like 2 1/2 hours away. no close strips here, best race track in the US is 7 miles from here, but no drag strips to be found.

Rasmus, your new found love of american muscle and drag racing is very entertaining, and many of the european members should take notice, especially when trash talking american cars and racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post

Thanks Niko! There was a stock 370Z with the flappy paddles out there not too long ago, and I remember it running an impressive 13.28. There's also been a few 350Z's - although not that many - but with bad drivers. I've seen them run anyway from low to high 14's. As you said, conditions can mean the difference between a good time, and a good time that just looks bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i need to get mine to a strip too. a friend and i have discussed driving up to infinion and taking a few runs... unfortunately it's like 2 1/2 hours away. no close strips here, best race track in the US is 7 miles from here, but no drag strips to be found.

Rasmus, your new found love of american muscle and drag racing is very entertaining, and many of the european members should take notice, especially when trash talking american cars and racing.
    You know, it's actually somewhat funny now that you mention it, because I was thinking about this very same thing on my drive back up to Cary.

I just spent a few weeks in the UK working, and it hit me how basically different the traffic, roads and drivers are, and obviously the automotive products of the UK and the US respectively will reflect this. I used to scoff at the seemingly primitive and inefficient American cars, but I now understand that they make so much more sense in their right environment. Driving the Mustang with the top down is incredibly intoxicating over here. In the UK I'd most likely want to neuter myself with a blunt spoon after having tried to take it through London suburbia and parallel park it for the first time. Likewise, I tried the Elise for a few days over here, and as much fun as I was having carving up the on and off ramps, I simply found the Mustang to be a better all around car for this neck of the woods. If I were to move to Germany or back to Denmark, I'd get an E92 M3 and take it to the track in a heartbeat. And I don't mean the drag strip

Horses for courses - no pun intended.

Rasmus, how are the mods going? What's the endgame for this Mustang project?

Also, why a 'vert not a coupe?

Well, mods are certainly going well. I installed the Kenne Bell BAP today, and tomorrow will - fingers crossed - be the final day of the blower install.

As for an actual endgame, I hate to admit it but I don't really see one for this car. Next up is a cheap/broken/fleabayed driver side headlight assembly which I'll try to turn into a functional ram air intake for the blower. I'm also waiting on a 2-step launch controller. After that probably some drag radials.

Vert vs. coupe is easy; it's the soundtrack. I only have cats, no mufflers. The car may be a bit heavier than the coupe, but damn if I care when the top is down and I floor it. It is intoxicating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Well, mods are certainly going well. I installed the Kenne Bell BAP today, and tomorrow will - fingers crossed - be the final day of the blower install.

As for an actual endgame, I hate to admit it but I don't really see one for this car. Next up is a cheap/broken/fleabayed driver side headlight assembly which I'll try to turn into a functional ram air intake for the blower. I'm also waiting on a 2-step launch controller. After that probably some drag radials.

Vert vs. coupe is easy; it's the soundtrack. I only have cats, no mufflers. The car may be a bit heavier than the coupe, but damn if I care when the top is down and I floor it. It is intoxicating to say the least.
    so with the headlight are you going to go with only one light, or do some sort of mod to allow you to have a light and an intake?

also do you plan on putting a cage in? with a heavily tuned headless horse, i would want some stiffening.

you like the headless horse? i just made that up. i so f'n special.

One headlight for trips down to Fayetteville yes. I don't plan on running it like that for daily driving, but I rewire the fogs to serve as daytime running lights just in case an NCHP decides to complain.

Cage I'm undecided on. I know VIR requires one, and technically the GT is already fast enough in the quarter to get me booted off for not having a cage. It's just that even padded bars can crack your skull, and I don't exactly plan on driving around wearing a helmet even though it would be kinda cool to get a white with black visor. I may do a simple rollbar though.

Headless horse - I'll have to remember that one.

Thread Information