Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dydzi's car reviews

dydzi's car reviews

Ok, we'll see as it goes...
    In recent months I had opportunity to test drive many different cars, as I set up a test section at one of the web portals I work for, and also thanks to my cooperation with car magazines. I'll have only more cars in the future, so I think - if only there's interest - the thread will go on long. Oh, and the cars are from Skoda to Ferrari, so expect to see everything.

The first car I want you to present is Carver One. I had that "car" for one day. I used it both in busy city centre and on fast, empty winding roads. Carver is absolutely amazing in cornering - it gives you unending confidence and with each next corner you want to go faster! Frankly, in going straight Carver is boring and even then you try some slaloming Aside from that, the interior is rather of poor quality and feels tacky... The gearbox is catastrophical, and clutch is very tricky... not that it's only hard to operate, but it's kind of sticky... so that you need to get used to it. Not so good for a car costing above 30k euros...

To sum up: when you first sit up into the car, it's bad. When you turn over key, it's bad (what can you expect from a motorcycle-capacity daihatsu engine). But when you drive it, especialy on fast and challenging bends, it's unforgettable. And then it's even moderately well priced - you've got awesome experiences for a price of typical car. And everybody on the streets look at you as you were driving a Veyron
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 cylinders or walk!

well, that's a good start, I always liked the Carver.
    Would you consider it as a contender to any other car of the same price, like an Elise?

I suppose we all need an "everyday-folk-review" of cars out there.
    so keep posting!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I saw one in person and it is BEYOND cool.
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

thankyou for some efforts of making this thread active
    i wouldn't consider it as a contender to elise, as it's too civilsed for it. maybe more of an exige, but it's still something else. as to cars, i'd put it next to ariel atom, but due to bad weather in poland now unfortunately probably i won't have opportunity to drive it 'till spring 2009
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    thankyou for some efforts of making this thread active
    i wouldn't consider it as a contender to elise, as it's too civilsed for it. maybe more of an exige, but it's still something else. as to cars, i'd put it next to ariel atom, but due to bad weather in poland now unfortunately probably i won't have opportunity to drive it 'till spring 2009
    my thought is if this "thing" can be the choice of an enthusiast in place of a proper car but still not usable for the groceries or kids...

don't complain, you will drive an Atom, no matter when!

yeah parking with this car is really tricky, though you can get used to it. groceries or kids - it's possible, but not at the same time - there's hardly any luggage space apart from rear chair. though i was riding it sitting on a back as well and it wasn't that bad... the funny thing is how you keep your legs - you've got the driver in between your legs, so that his elbows are resting on your knees
    12 cylinders or walk!

ok, although the interest is in the best case moderate, i shall continue my idea

the second car of the week is Ferrari 348 ts. As most of you know I'm a ferrari passionate so it's hard for me to be objective. The truth is, although the car looks magnificent, you see the time gap when it comes to power. Sure, engine is great - it sounds and works like nothing else - but 300 bhp isn't something exotic these days if you drove a cayenne or a 'vette before, you won't be amazed by 348. unless you'll come to corners - thanks to wide tires and low centre of weight it drive like a gokart! you'll never get bored. but, as it is with cars of those age, when you cross the limits it's game over. and the limit is very hard to spot... oh, and the servicing is still the tricky bit, but my observations showed that many of the owners look after their cars themselves! and so would i... even just for the fact to spend more time with my toy

to sum up, the car is great mostly because of the fact it's great. it drives, sounds and looks above standards, but doesn't offer anything that you won't get in middle-class sport cars nowadays

full gallery - RossoCorsa.pl - Ferrari 348 ts
    Attached Images Attached Images
    12 cylinders or walk!

ok, although the interest is in the best case moderate, i shall continue my idea

the second car of the week is Ferrari 348 ts. As most of you know I'm a ferrari passionate so it's hard for me to be objective. The truth is, although the car looks magnificent, you see the time gap when it comes to power. Sure, engine is great - it sounds and works like nothing else - but 300 bhp isn't something exotic these days if you drove a cayenne or a 'vette before, you won't be amazed by 348. unless you'll come to corners - thanks to wide tires and low centre of weight it drive like a gokart! you'll never get bored. but, as it is with cars of those age, when you cross the limits it's game over. and the limit is very hard to spot... oh, and the servicing is still the tricky bit, but my observations showed that many of the owners look after their cars themselves! and so would i... even just for the fact to spend more time with my toy

to sum up, the car is great mostly because of the fact it's great. it drives, sounds and looks above standards, but doesn't offer anything that you won't get in middle-class sport cars nowadays

full gallery - RossoCorsa.pl - Ferrari 348 ts
    wait a minute...do you actually own this car?!

well, considering it's relatively low weight, I wold be definitely fine with its 300hp...up to know, I think my driving peak was...150hp, diesel, on a wagon...

btw, I had already downloaded all the pics even before you posted the link here

GReat review
    You hit the nail on the head. Not that I've ever driven one
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post

well, considering it's relatively low weight, I wold be definitely fine with its 300hp...up to know, I think my driving peak was...150hp, diesel, on a wagon...

300 hp is more than enough to kill yourself with
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

So is 1hp. If you're riding a horse and hit a wall at 40mph (i think thats a horses top speed), you're dead.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 10-14-2008 at 08:37 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    So is 1hp. If you're riding a horse and hit a wall at 40mph (i think thats a horses top speed), you're dead.
    i thought that was so funny, i actually repeated it to my wife.

she didnt laugh
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

keep up the reviews Great photos btw.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    Definitely. Having driven the M3 E92 I thought that for the real world that was overkill. The 335i was more than enough.

It was so satisfiying though...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    agree, I found myself in troubles even with 115hp...

Thread Information