Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dydzi's car reviews

Great thread! What is your
    Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    cooperation with car magazines
    by the way?

Always thought that would be a fun job. Just sit around and drive amazing cars for the rest of your life.

thanks for the replies guys, i'm happy the thread is live and kicking

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    wait a minute...do you actually own this car?!
    well of course not! all the cars that i presented and will present are either press cars of importers or from private collections

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Definitely. Having driven the M3 E92 I thought that for the real world that was overkill. The 335i was more than enough.

It was so satisfiying though...
    i drove E92 yesterday for couple of minutes and it is indeed aaaawesome car! undoubtely better than the IS-F, though i'm sure many would point lexus. changing the gears at full throttle is sooooo exciting this car just pushes you to the wall, grabs your head and hit.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Great thread! What is your
    by the way?
    as for now i'm mostly cooperating with polish top gear mag. i'm also writing for a classical motorisation magazine "ClassicAuto" and take part in creating a moto tv programme. though so far the tests are from a website ExoticCars.pl, where i set a test-drive section
    12 cylinders or walk!

ok, the next car is far more normal than those exposed before... A Renault Laguna. It's in hatchback/2.0 petrol/privilege combination. I gotta say I was very surprised with this car - in a positive way. It hasn't got much in common with its precedessor - though it's still comfortable, the suspension is far more crispy, steering is precise and 150 bhp engine is lively, though the price of it is fuel consumption. the gearbox is both good and bad - it has six gears, but it's sometimes unprecise

interior is satisfying. built quality is really good and the materials are very good, and i like the styling of it. and it's really spacious, and the boot's ok too. looking at the exterior of it, i gotta say i gradually tend to like it more and more. not many see that those new grills are echo of flat noses of models like renault 19 and especially 21 and 25

to sum up - hitherto laguna was an average car, but thanks to carlos ghosn the new car is really a quality product. with good pricing, the French start to be good alternative to german and japanese domination. and saying this, i'd take citroen C5...
    Last edited by dydzi; 10-21-2008 at 02:28 PM.
    12 cylinders or walk!

never been a fan of the last Laguna, or of this neither. it lacks the presence of other cars, it's good, it's comfortable and well equipped, but I think it's quite average and not satisfying to own. 2 cents.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    never been a fan of the last Laguna, or of this neither. it lacks the presence of other cars, it's good, it's comfortable and well equipped, but I think it's quite average and not satisfying to own. 2 cents.
    I acutally think that the last Laguna was a decent looking car. This isn't bad either.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

to sum up - hitherto laguna was an average car, but thanks to carlos ghosn the new car is really a quality product. with good pricing, the French start to be good alternative to german and japanese domination. and saying this, i'd take citroen C5...
    a very valid conclusion...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Can someone explain to me why it is that many french cars' (from experience) windscreens always turn up purple when viewed through a polarizer?

It seems to be a very specific thing for French vehicles, oddly.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    But the new one is too big and fat...
    Visca Catalunya!

they had to emulate German build-quality.....so I'll stick with the old one, 200 kg lighter and 200 liter more space...
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

they had to emulate German build-quality.....so I'll stick with the old one, 200 kg lighter and 200 liter more space...
    Damn Germans. The Alfa Romeo 159/Brera/Spider suffer the same problem.
    Visca Catalunya!

Damn Germans. The Alfa Romeo 159/Brera/Spider suffer the same problem.
    Damn journalists. they always praise the "German Build-Quality" of the so called "premium-brands" whereby they forget that the word "premium" should be pre-ceeded by "at a" because that is what you pay.....

though i was thinking about the new one

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    Can someone explain to me why it is that many french cars' (from experience) windscreens always turn up purple when viewed through a polarizer?

It seems to be a very specific thing for French vehicles, oddly.
    opels have the same as well. if i understand right, it's thanks to a kind of a coat that lets you see correctly in the night without distracting the driver by the light of the cars going in the opposite way
    12 cylinders or walk!

though i was thinking about the new one

so were Albert and me

I was satisfied with Laguna at MIMS'08. Did a tested car have that reticle in front of a hatch on the roof to protect from insects, I guess? Unusual, but nice thing. Nope, really But comparing the interiors of both Laguna and C5 I'd prefer the C5 (as for the looks, though - I like C5 more) - it feels more quality and is more comfortable, IMO.

Thread Information