Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: dydzi's car reviews

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    I was satisfied with Laguna at MIMS'08. Did a tested car have that reticle in front of a hatch on the roof to protect from insects, I guess? Unusual, but nice thing. Nope, really But comparing the interiors of both Laguna and C5 I'd prefer the C5 (as for the looks, though - I like C5 more) - it feels more quality and is more comfortable, IMO.
    can you paraphrase the first sentence? because i don't understand it and i tend to agree with the second one
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Damn Germans. The Alfa Romeo 159/Brera/Spider suffer the same problem.
    AFAIK the 159 is less heavy than what usually people tend to think. comparing it to similar cars with similar exquipments, engine and transomission, the difference is something almost impossible to feel. and by saying this, I think all cars are too heavy nowadays.
    for as regards just Alfa Romeo, they used to make lighter cars, like the 156, but it didn't seem that people cared about it like they are now caring about the those 70 kg more than a A4.

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    opels have the same as well. if i understand right, it's thanks to a kind of a coat that lets you see correctly in the night without distracting the driver by the light of the cars going in the opposite way
    IIRC it should help avoiding ultra-violet radiations cooking the passengers
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    AFAIK the 159 is less heavy than what usually people tend to think.
    No it isn't.

The Alfa Romeo 159 is fat, slow and thirsty.

Sorry to be so harsh (but clear) about it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

No it isn't.

The Alfa Romeo 159 is fat, slow and thirsty.

Sorry to be so harsh (but clear) about it.
    the 2005 159 with the 1.9 JTDM weights about 1525 kg, while the 2006 Audi A4 with the 2.0 TDI engine weights 1450 kg, but the Alfa is better equipped. that's not a big difference, and nothing the majority of people who has those cars can actully feel, but still they are talking about it.
    Last edited by LeonOfTheDead; 10-22-2008 at 03:53 PM.

the 2005 159 with the 1.9 JTDM weights about 1525 kg, while the 2006 Audi A4 with the 2.0 TDI engine weights 1450 kg, but the Alfa is better equipped. that's not a big difference, and nothing the majority of people who has those cars can actully feel, but still they are talking about it.
    I think we have the same problem as always. I don't care about "they". To me the fact that the Alfa is a heavy is important, since Alfas are all about driving.
    Visca Catalunya!

IIRC it should help avoiding ultra-violet radiations cooking the passengers
    that seems possible. thanks for clearing that up
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    can you paraphrase the first sentence? because i don't understand it and i tend to agree with the second one
    I meant that some (all?) Lagunas have a reticle (a small net) in front of the hatch (that hole in a roof ), which serves as a protection from the insects - to avoid them flying in. I pops up when the hatch is open. Such a minor thing, but an interesting one . And I also asked whether the car you tested had that reticle.

I think we have the same problem as always. I don't care about "they". To me the fact that the Alfa is a heavy is important, since Alfas are all about driving.
    true.
    but as I said, the 156 was (is) lighter than its competitors and also handles better (without reviving the fwd VS rwd war ), still it didn't sell like hot cakes.
    as for the new C5, they (Alfa and Citroen) created cars upon market's requests, the already mentioned "German disease" in order to improve the selling numbers. Now we are all complaining for they "German" attitude and additional weight, so maybe "we" don't want, and probably deserve, proper cars with such "principles" it seems.
    sorry for being so catastrophic

but as I said, the 156 was (is) lighter than its competitors and also handles better (without reviving the fwd VS rwd war ), still it didn't sell like hot cakes.
    But that's because italian cars rust, break down and have more lights on on the dashboard than a christmas tree. Even if it isn't the case.

The fact of the matter is the 159 isn't selling either german quality and all. Alfa Romeo's sales are in free fall.
    Visca Catalunya!

But that's because italian cars rust, break down and have more lights on on the dashboard than a christmas tree. Even if it isn't the case.

The fact of the matter is the 159 isn't selling either german quality and all. Alfa Romeo's sales are in free fall.
    owned a 156. not a floor in 210.000 km and three years, except for the clutch at 190.000 km IIRC.

source about news on sales?

owned a 156. not a floor in 210.000 km and three years, except for the clutch at 190.000 km IIRC.

source about news on sales?
    ACEA - European Automobile Manufacturers' Association

BTW, the remark about italian cars was sarcastic.
    Visca Catalunya!

ACEA - European Automobile Manufacturers' Association

BTW, the remark about italian cars was sarcastic.
    I supposed it...

and thanks for the link!

btw, Alfa's sells seems pretty stable (even if low as usual). the MiTo will surely change something.
    but I still think people wouldn't buy real Alfas even if they would produce them. there are common believes that are unfortunately stronger than reality itself.
    see for example the complain about the V6 "borrowed" from Holden...even if I'm one of those who loved the sound of the old V6 and its "personality", no one is going to really consider such an engine today, probably the 90% or even more of the sells of both the 159 and the Brera/Spider are of the JTDM versions and the rest are 1.9/2.2 JTS versions, and it would still be like this even with a "real" Alfa V6.

I supposed it...

and thanks for the link!

btw, Alfa's sells seems pretty stable (even if low as usual). the MiTo will surely change something.
    but I still think people wouldn't buy real Alfas even if they would produce them. there are common believes that are unfortunately stronger than reality itself.
    see for example the complain about the V6 "borrowed" from Holden...even if I'm one of those who loved the sound of the old V6 and its "personality", no one is going to really consider such an engine today, probably the 90% or even more of the sells of both the 159 and the Brera/Spider are of the JTDM versions and the rest are 1.9/2.2 JTS versions, and it would still be like this even with a "real" Alfa V6.
    Alfa Romeo sales aren't stable at all. They are 30,6% down YTD compared to 2007, which is the biggest drop of all the premium brands. BMW is even gaining sales.

And about the V6, yes it may not sell much but it's all about the image.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    I meant that some (all?) Lagunas have a reticle (a small net) in front of the hatch (that hole in a roof ), which serves as a protection from the insects - to avoid them flying in. I pops up when the hatch is open. Such a minor thing, but an interesting one . And I also asked whether the car you tested had that reticle.
    oh you mean the sunroof? iirc the car didn't have any... but any other car with the sunroof i saw had it
    12 cylinders or walk!

Alfa Romeo sales aren't stable at all. They are 30,6% down YTD compared to 2007, which is the biggest drop of all the premium brands. BMW is even gaining sales.

And about the V6, yes it may not sell much but it's all about the image.
    I was considering just the sales of this year, August apart since the whole market dropped in that month.

Thread Information