Thread: Feeding through speaker wire

Feeding through speaker wire

any tips on this? I've just installed new speakers in the rear parcel tray and I've had to re-wire completely, and I'm finding feeding through the wire completely impossible right now.

Feeding it through what?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I suggest localised holes in the space/time continuum. You can use less wire that way too.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Feeding it through what?
    Well theres a little hole the original speaker wire went through to end up in the door sill bit so through there I spose.

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach View Post
    Well theres a little hole the original speaker wire went through to end up in the door sill bit so through there I spose.
    Try and feed something more substantial like a copper wire through the hole.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Yeah, try feeding something through with the cable like a thin wire. It gives it a bit more direction and makes it easier to control the destination of the cable.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

What you do is tie some string to the old wire before you pull it out so you can use it to pull the new one back through...
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

shit, already pulled out the other stuff. crap.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    What you do is tie some string to the old wire before you pull it out so you can use it to pull the new one back through...
    The old trick when told is followed by the usual response:

shit, already pulled out the other stuff. crap.

I've had this happen to me before too.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I've found another way to take it through thankfully.

I'm just wondering what the hell I'll do when I put in new front speakers. They're mounted directly on the dash under the windscreen just so no screwdriver can possibly fit under there. please tell me they make right angled screwdrivers!

I'm just wondering what the hell I'll do when I put in new front speakers. They're mounted directly on the dash under the windscreen just so no screwdriver can possibly fit under there. please tell me they make right angled screwdrivers!
    They make right angled screwdrivers.

(Ted Joans)

"We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

fantastic!

They also sell ones that have a gear drive so you can use a power screw driver, Ive seen them from Matco and Snap-On

Thread Information