Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Grand Prix of China

Welcome to UCP
    But, this year Hamilton has increased his lead form 5, whereas last year he fell from 17 points up. So he has some momentum on his side.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I did not see anything this weekend. I only saw part of the race two weeks ago, where Hamilton should actually have been blackflagged for deliberately trying to create a mass accident in Turn one. I am probably not going to watch Brasil either. All interest has gone.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

All interest will be gone in '10 for me.
    I'm going to try and savor these last years, if the stewards don't penalize me for it.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Team orders aren't allowed;So is the FIA goinging to do anything about Kimi LETTING Massa by. Kimi's remarks at the post race conference, opened the door for McLaren to seek AN ANSWER. Kimi's not very diplomatic but at least he's honest...is honest the best policy? I'm curious to see what;if anything happens about this.

Quote Originally Posted by allan s redmond View Post
    Team orders aren't allowed;So is the FIA goinging to do anything about Kimi LETTING Massa by. Kimi's remarks at the post race conference, opened the door for McLaren to seek AN ANSWER. Kimi's not very diplomatic but at least he's honest...is honest the best policy? I'm curious to see what;if anything happens about this.
    The team order ban is ridiculous. In its current format, Formula 1 is a team sport. If they want to ban team orders, they should allow teams only to enter one car. Raikonen most likely realised that the best way to serve his team was to let his team-mate score the maximum amount of points. No team orders should have been needed for that. These practices happen in all forms of motorsport and are completely normal.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Furthermore McLaren may need to do same in Brasil so they won't complain.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by allan s redmond View Post
    because clearly Kovy put up a fight when Ham went by him at Hockenheim...
    but then again Massa didn't offer much of a fight back then either....

It was a boring race for a change, absolutely nothing happened....If Ham stays calm this year at Brazil he probably will easily wrap the title up....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I did not see anything this weekend. I only saw part of the race two weeks ago, where Hamilton should actually have been blackflagged for deliberately trying to create a mass accident in Turn one. I am probably not going to watch Brasil either. All interest has gone.
    Oh dear...
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
    Oh dear...
    did we look at the same pictures?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

did we look at the same pictures?
    I don't know. I'd be interested to see which pictures you saw, that made you think he deliberately tried to cause a "mass accident" and deserved a black flag. Interested because I don't think anybody else on the planet saw those pictures.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

I don't know. I'd be interested to see which pictures you saw, that made you think he deliberately tried to cause a "mass accident" and deserved a black flag. Interested because I don't think anybody else on the planet saw those pictures.
    normally hundreds of millions people look at F1, so they saw the same pictures of somebody who forgot the elementary rule that you have to adapt your speed when you have to make a turn....

normally hundreds of millions people look at F1, so they saw the same pictures of somebody who forgot the elementary rule that you have to adapt your speed when you have to make a turn....
    Since when, in any form of motorsport, has misjudging a braking point and locking up your wheels been evidence of deliberately attempting to cause an accident, and been worthy of a black flag?

Incidents where somebody out-brakes themselves into the first corner of the race happen all the time. They happen several times a season just in Formula One, but nobody ever gets even slightly penalised for it because it's just a racing incident. Just look at yesterdays race: Bourdais hit Trulli at the first corner resulting in Trulli having to retire. Was there a penalty? No, because sh!t like that just happens into the first corner of a race.

Even the drive-through penalty given to Hamilton was fairly harsh, yet you are suggesting he ought to have been black-flagged? Utterly ridiculous statement...
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Since when, in any form of motorsport, has misjudging a braking point and locking up your wheels been evidence of deliberately attempting to cause an accident, and been worthy of a black flag?

Incidents where somebody out-brakes themselves into the first corner of the race happen all the time. They happen several times a season just in Formula One, but nobody ever gets even slightly penalised for it because it's just a racing incident. Just look at yesterdays race: Bourdais hit Trulli at the first corner resulting in Trulli having to retire. Was there a penalty? No, because sh!t like that just happens into the first corner of a race.

Even the drive-through penalty given to Hamilton was fairly harsh, yet you are suggesting he ought to have been black-flagged? Utterly ridiculous statement...
    let's rephrase it.
    missing the start and then trying to regain position via an utterly ridiculous move is worthy of a black flag. He should have realised what potential havoc he could have created. If not than probably his racing license should be suspended for a couple of races....

it's coz he's black , innit !

"A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

let's rephrase it.
    missing the start and then trying to regain position via an utterly ridiculous move is worthy of a black flag. He should have realised what potential havoc he could have created. If not than probably his racing license should be suspended for a couple of races....
    He missed his braking point by a fraction of a second (as did other drivers at that moment, none of whom were punished). This happens all the time in motor racing. Nobody is denying that it was a mistake, Hamilton himself accepts full blame.

However, if you honestly think that a misjudged overtaking attempt, which resulted in no accident or damage to any other car, deserves a black flag and a license suspension then I can only assume you are on a rather poor wind-up or you need to lay off the booze for a while.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information