Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZR-1 vs Viper ACR (on track)

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    but the ACR sounds like ass. if i'm going to have a car compromised everywhere else bar the track, it at least should sound good
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    That's what happens when you use a truck motor.
    It's never actually been used as a truck motor. It was initially concieved as one (and bears no relation to the V10 they did offer in pickups for a while) but they then discarded the idea and it has since been modified greatly for sports car use.

I've always heard that the big problem is that it's a V10 and it is very hard to get a V10 to sound good due to the natural firing order. Hard, but not impossible, with the right exhaust I think the factory has gotten some model years to sound pretty good. I remember reading an interview with one of their engineers about the difficulty they had with that, I'll see if I can find it somewhere. And obviously the Gallardo sounds halfway decent also.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    It's never actually been used as a truck motor. It was initially concieved as one (and bears no relation to the V10 they did offer in pickups for a while) but they then discarded the idea and it has since been modified greatly for sports car use.

I've always heard that the big problem is that it's a V10 and it is very hard to get a V10 to sound good due to the natural firing order. Hard, but not impossible, with the right exhaust I think the factory has gotten some model years to sound pretty good. I remember reading an interview with one of their engineers about the difficulty they had with that, I'll see if I can find it somewhere. And obviously the Gallardo sounds halfway decent also.
    CGT exhaust ftw.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Porsche and BMW disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    CGT exhaust ftw.
    Indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if hell sounded a bit like it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Lambo doesn't seem to have an problems either. But the CGT sounds like it could break glass.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    CGT exhaust ftw.
    haha, true.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Porsche and BMW disagree.
    Yes, they both use a V10, but both put a ton of work into the engine and exhaust. The BMW is an M engine and the Porsche is a true supercar. I've heard a tuner version of the Carrera GT and it had that same shitty V10 sound you hear people complaining about on other vehicles.

Yes, they both use a V10, but both put a ton of work into the engine and exhaust. The BMW is an M engine and the Porsche is a true supercar. I've heard a tuner version of the Carrera GT and it had that same shitty V10 sound you hear people complaining about on other vehicles.
    Then Chrysler should talk with some german engineers from Munich and Zuffenhausen.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Then Chrysler should talk with some german engineers from Munich and Zuffenhausen.
    Yeah, I'd love to see something that sounds like the Porsche but with the bass from 8.4 liters, but I think cost may come into it eventually. The sound of the 600hp version is good enough that it doesn't bother me too badly. It's not nirvana, but it works.

Thread Information