Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The University Thread

The University Thread

Just thought I would start a thread to chat about everyone's experiences at University/College.

I am studying Multimedia Technology and Design and the University of Kent, Canterbury. Its freakin' sweet. The course i am doing is so much fun and i have lots of free time on my hands to muck around. Most of my time is spent in my games room, messing with my laptop or playing on my PC, i will attach the relevant photos so you guys can see why. Oh and if i need to be out of the house for any length of time i have a Windows Mobile device and a DS lite.

While were at it, i want people to post up photos of their favourite rooms of their student housing. Would be pretty cool to see how we are living when we are sposed to be studying.

So the attached photos are of the games room down in the cellar with a games library of about 140 games between us. My PC which has most of the important race sims on, and finally my laptop which is just to piss off the guys on my course with enough money to buy a Macbook, makes me laugh to see their face when i boot it up in lectures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

I wish I had decided to go through UNI, though I dont know what i'd be studying.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

In all my dorms I've brought in a tv, mini fridge and my comp. that's about it. Although once I did bring in a big screen tv. It took up most of the room though.

My apartment is just stocked w/ 2nd hand furnishings and nothing interesting to look at so I'm not even going to bother with pictures. Although it tops any dorm ive ever seen b/c it has a full kitchen.
    You can call me scott.

I guess most know here allready, but I study Automotive Engineering on the Rotterdam Uni of Applied sciences. I still live with my parents but am barely home.

Because i have to redo 2nd year (depression, psychiaters and a kiddo basically) i work full-time and study part-time(only classes not passed). Study about 5-6 hours a week, work 40-50 hours (mostly into the nights).

Like a proper student i wake up late(10-11 ish), go to classes and work, drink beer and fall asleep again around 4-5am.

I am currently enrolled at Oberlin College as a freshman, with no declared major(s) as of yet, but thinking of a math/computer science combination

NOTE: Divided doubles suck
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I went for a semester to Central Connecticut State Uni. It wasn't for me. It also wasn't worth it for me to be taking bullshit classes and paying a lot for them. I've decided I need to try other schools out and try to find a better major.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

what were you majoring in johnny?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    what were you majoring in johnny?
    Technology Education, to become a CAD/graphics/autoshop/woodshop teacher. I went into the program focusing on being an auto shop teacher, but later found out those positions were being removed from most high school curriculum. Also to become an instructor at a trade school, you need at least 7 years in the field. I have 2 now, so maybe I will get 5 more under my belt and go back to school.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

University of Queensland, Veterinary Science. real doctors treat more than one species
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I dont even trust you to eat calamari without choking clutch. Why would I trust my dog to you
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i graduated from the McUniversity of Culinary Science with a degree in Janitorial Engineering and Trainee Education
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    I dont even trust you to eat calamari without choking clutch. Why would I trust my dog to you
    because i'm going to shave 'asshat' into it's coat.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

I go to Rutgers but am in the process of sprucing up my bedroom. Live with 4 other friends whom I've known from childhood, minus one who lives a town away but is cool otherwise.

Almost finished putting together the surround sound system I bought, need to get my T.V. from home, and hopefully trying to snag a small sofa from somewhere to park against the wall. I'll post pictures sometime next week maybe.

On an unrelated note, Suka play me in Guitar Hero online if you're any good.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I go to Rutgers but am in the process of sprucing up my bedroom. Live with 4 other friends whom I've known from childhood, minus one who lives a town away but is cool otherwise.

Almost finished putting together the surround sound system I bought, need to get my T.V. from home, and hopefully trying to snag a small sofa from somewhere to park against the wall. I'll post pictures sometime next week maybe.

On an unrelated note, Suka play me in Guitar Hero online if you're any good.
    I'm rubbish and both of those guitars are for the Wii.
    Give it a few weeks and i will have World Tour.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    I'm rubbish and both of those guitars are for the Wii.
    Give it a few weeks and i will have World Tour.
    Oh. I'll probably go and pick up WT tomorrow. Guitar hero is one of my hobbies.. I know it's pathetic.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information