Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two new Lamborghini Gallardos; one for the track and one for the police

Two new Lamborghini Gallardos; one for the track and one for the police

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

Italian supercar manufacturer Lamborghini launched not one, but two new versions of their Gallardo LP560-4. Although based on the same car, their purpose could not be much further apart; the first is created for a one-make racing series, while the other will control the Italian highways.
    Murcielagos and Gallardos have already been racing for the last few seasons , but these were built by German tuner Reiter. The new Gallardo Super Trofeo is the first racing car to be offered by Lamborghini since Audi took control. Even though the Super Trofeo has a similar engine to the street car, a strict diet shaved 200 kg off the kerb weight. Other differences include a large rear wing and a revised body kit. Sponsored by Swiss watchmaker Blancpain, the 2009 Super Trofeo one-make series will support some of the greatest race series in Europe like the DTM and FIA GT. Hopefully the Super Trofeo is the first step in the direction of a competition Gallardo that can race its rival in the major international series.
    The Gallardo LP560-4 Polizia continues a tradition started in 2004 when the Rome police force first received a Gallardo. At the time it looked more like a publicity stunt, but as it turned out the Rome Gallardo and another based in Lamborghini's hometown Bologna were used extensively. Like its predecessor, the LP560-4 Polizia comes equipped with all the tools required by the modern police officer and is also adapted for high speed donor-organ transport.

Enjoy the links:

2008 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Polizia - Images, Specifications and Information

2009 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Super Trofeo - Images, Specifications and Information

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 10-27-2008 at 12:12 PM.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    At the time it looked more like a publicity stunt, but as it turned out the Rome Gallardo and another based in Lamborghini's hometown Bologna were used extensively.
    I'm sure the cops hated driving them.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I'm sure the cops hated driving them.
    160k and 100k at odometres iirc. they are said to be used mostly to transport things between hospitals that need to be transported fast, but bearing in mind that italian policewomen have bags designed by gucci we all know that gallardos were used mostly to show off

i'm very excited about the gallardo trofeo. i'd love to see it on the track next to F430. looking forward to see how the series goes.

oh, and lamborghini once again proved they have best marketing team from all the manufacturers today
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    oh, and lamborghini once again proved they have best marketing team from all the manufacturers today
    I'm afraid Lamborghini has taken over Ferrari as my favorite manufacturer since they were bought by Audi... favorite current manufacturer that is.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    160k and 100k at odometres iirc. they are said to be used mostly to transport things between hospitals that need to be transported fast, but bearing in mind that italian policewomen have bags designed by gucci we all know that gallardos were used mostly to show off
    Italy is mostly made to show off...
    Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I'm afraid Lamborghini has taken over Ferrari as my favorite manufacturer since they were bought by Audi... favorite current manufacturer that is.
    You've got to be joking.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Italy is mostly made to show off...

You've got to be joking.
    No, I find Lamborghini's current line-up far more interesting than Ferrari's.

All-time though Ferrari wins without a single doubt.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

You'd better not argue with Ferrer. He's quite polarized in his opinion against Lamborghini, if you haven't noticed.

I find Ferraris too prepotent and obvious and Lambos too german and tame.

I'd rather go with a combination of Pagani and Maserati.
    Visca Catalunya!

Why would Lamborghini race the new Super Trofeo in the FIA GT3 Championship? Audi's R8 will race in GT3 next year.

Automobili Lamborghini Holding Spa
    Last edited by togos452; 10-27-2008 at 01:46 PM.
    Should Comcast, which is buying NBC, have more motorsports coverage on VERSUS and now NBC? Does North America need a racing tv channel? Find the answer to that exact question on facebook.

in fact, i gotta agree with you. and it'll be even better when production estoque arrives. i love the way how lambo's executing the details in similar, extremely unique way in all their models - front fins, rear lights, wheels, interior lines... talking about marketing people i also meant the way they're promoting brand - video ads and posters. very thoughtful plan lead in a very proffessional way
    12 cylinders or walk!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You'd better not argue with Ferrer. He's quite polarized in his opinion against Lamborghini, if you haven't noticed.
    I'm used to argue with Spanish people. I need to try a Catalan out
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

I'm used to argue with Spanish people. I need to try a Catalan out
    Haha. Good luck, heard they're tough.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Haha. Good luck, heard they're tough.
    I'm always down for a challenge
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

I'm always down for a challenge
    Go on then.
    Visca Catalunya!

Go on then.
    Unfortunately this one won't be very exciting... but sure:

I find Ferraris too prepotent and obvious and Lambos too german and tame.

I'd rather go with a combination of Pagani and Maserati.
    Ferrari, agreed, Lamborghini, agreed, perhaps not too tame though (I love the aggressive styling) but definitely too German, which does make them tame a bit, since German cars completely lack passion. And that does contradict what I just said.

I'm unsure about Maserati, the GranTurismo is one hell of a gorgeous car, I guess I'll wait and see before I consider their current line-up incredible. Just to see what they have in store.

As for Pagani well just hearing the name makes me drool.

I definitely need to get another chance at an epic debate session with you... this one was rather weak
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Thread Information