Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

i hate glock. i hate hamilton. i hate F1. leave me alone
    12 cylinders or walk!

That was way intense at the end. McLaren and Hamilton should bow down to Toyota and Glock for staying on dry tires. Great job to both title contenders though, Massa and Hamilton did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    BTW, waiting for the news about what the stewards will say about Kubica's behavior on a last lap. After all, it was one of the moments really worth penalizing during the whole season...
    I don't know, his car was faster and if he has a chance to unlap himself why shouldn't he be able to? It's not like he forced anyone off track or passed dirty.
    You can call me scott.

What did Kubica do? He is entitled to unlap himself should the people who lapped him was going slower....And Ham was very slow

Congrats to Ham I guess, if it weren't for Glock he would have lost it 2 years in a row with a 7pt margin going it. Massa did everything right, and defies my expectation of him in semi-dry-wet condition.

BTW I thought there was a thread already about BBC's lineup? They kept Brundle only(really the only person worth keeping), and they will get DC among others....I don't know if I would agree Ham was the better driver of the season. He is the champ no doubt, points count at the end of the day, but he had his share of "driver error", moreso I think in the season then Massa. Massa had way more reliability woes and random team blunders to cost him the title. And it was Massa who defied expectation and really grew a lot this year....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Yes, he was faster, but Hamilton and Vettel were literally choosing a champion - not the best time to unlap himself, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Yes, he was faster, but Hamilton and Vettel were literally choosing a champion - not the best time to unlap himself, isn't it?
    Yes. otherwise you might as well say that everyone must just pull into the pits and give up once lapped.
    You can call me scott.

Thats the same mentality as Massa "I-am-the-race-leader-and-Sutil-get-the-f-out-of-my-way" pit exit....which is not exactly an accepted practice.....I thought it was rather cheeky of him to do that since Kubica has been complaining of Ham's ontrack tactic over the year...

That was Ham's bad karma of the season coming back on him, and Glock was Ferrari's bad karma coming back on them....in the end I guess one outweighs the other...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

A very exciting finish to the season.
    Hamilton is deservedly champion, but as a former champion said (can't remember who), Hamilton's problem is he's arrogant which could cause problems in the future.

Glock looked to have hit a wet spot on the track and was forced to slow down since he was still on the hard compound.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    Yes. otherwise you might as well say that everyone must just pull into the pits and give up once lapped.
    No, no, of course no . But still I think it was sort of too risky move. Anyway, I'll have to watch it once more.

what a FANTASTIC race. My heart was literally thumping in the last 10 laps. Lewis played it safe and did as he was told for basically the entire race. No action on his part until the rain decided to come towards the end and he was overtaken. That was it for me I just sank into my seat and knew it was 2007 all over again. I couldnt believe it when glock lost 18 seconds in his last lap. What are the chances? Its as if mclaren quickly ran to the toyota garage and passes them a briefcase full of 50's in the last lap

I have to say though, it is an amazing achievement for Lewis. He hasnt even settled into F1 yet and he's already taken the crown. I think the general attitude towards him not only from some of the other drivers but also the rest of the fans across the world is that they havent had time to accept him yet he's such a massive threat that they just havent accepted him. The booing from the brazillian ferrari fans was absolutely sick and so unsportsman like. I'm sure the story would've been different if he wasnt british too.. and I'm not just saying that because I'm british. I think the europeans and the south americans have enjoyed their lone glory in the sport over the past decade what with ferrari etc etc and this new young driver with his raw talent and perhaps overconfidence is sort of not what everyone else wanted. But here in britain its been a long 12 year wait for a world champion. Even if he does have an awful lot to learn still.

Hats off to massa though. Some great driving from him. He tried to play the Kimi card this year I think. Keep on the top end of the scoreboards all year. Not necessarily shine, yet comfortably pocket enough wins and cruise through to the last race. In the end Lewis's more aggressive approach got him the extra 1 point this year. Arguably steward decisions etc played a part in both massa and lewis's point losses/wins this year but I think I'd have been happy for either of them to win. You just know that Lewis is going to be a world champion for years to come. For him to win it now is just a sign for everyone else to get used to it. Its not exactly the chance of his career for him to take. he's just earned it. But for massa I think for him it was his strongest season and he is probably at his peak now. If he couldnt win it this year I'm not sure if he can do it in 09 onwards. I expected alonso to take his place next year since the beginning and I think it'd be a good move for ferrari. At times I think massa shows a little lack off aggression in his racing. Once he gets his strength he really shines all weekend as his did today. But I dont think he'll be able to fight his way into the title fight next year.

Thats my 2 cents anyway..
    Last edited by Cotterik; 11-02-2008 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    I expected alonso to take his place next year since the beginning and I think it'd be a good move for ferrari. At times I think massa shows a little lack off aggression in his racing.
    Agreed, but I still prefer Massa over Alonso. Massa just seems to have much more finesse and sportsmanship than Alonso does. Alonso looks to have been sucked into that hot headed Renault/Flavio atmosphere.

Speaking of Renault, does anyone think that Nelson has a seat for next year, considering he was taken out on the third corner of the first lap and hasn't preformed very well this year?

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post

Speaking of Renault, does anyone think that Nelson has a seat for next year, considering he was taken out on the third corner of the first lap and hasn't preformed very well this year?
    Why would you? He's consistently under-performed. Taking a couple of lucky top 5 positions out of the equation, he's done nothing. OK, many drivers on the grid would look average in the same car as Alonso but Nelson looked far less than average. Unfortunately for him, he's had his chance (and a far bigger chance than some better drivers get) and he failed. Time for Renault to move on to a real talent, not just the son of a great.
    Not UCP's only Crystal Palace fan!!

RIP Richard Burns.

no Tifosi here to fan the conspiracy theories ?

My favourite .... where was Ron when GLock pulled over ? Perhaps in the Toyota pit handing over a large sum of cash in small used bills ?
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Alonso need a Ferrari or something to win a few more championship, he's got the talent and drive to do it, in the last few races he showed that he is still the best of the current crop. I hope someway or rather Ferrari do sign him....I think it was Massa's best chance this year, unless Kimi continues to struggle with the Ferrari he should be more of Ferrari's focus....Next year will be interesting to see how things shake out in the first few races...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Thread Information