Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Formula One Brazilian Grand Prix

Bang on RacingManiac. I am not sure Massa will ever get another kick at the can. If Kimi didn't have reitrement hanign over him, I'd include him amoungst Vettel, Kubica, Alonso, and Hamilton amoungst potential future/repeat WDC winners. Massa though, I just dunno if things will fall his way again.

After all, I don't like Hamilton since its debut, and I don't think he really is the best out there now. Neither is Massa, that's for sure. I would like to quote Villeneuve and his '96 and '97 seasons btw.
    Hamilton is a little too arrogant all around imo, but that's something we can find in all previous Champions, like Alonso (at the beginning of his career) or Schumacher. then you bite the dust and start being more kind. He is surely fast, he has a great talent, but I don't like him, just my 2 cents.
    Massa isn't my favorite either, not that I have one. He isn't very consistent, and he is usually complaining with all the sort of problems, he doesn't have a "professional" attitude, sometimes he reminds me of a soccer/football player. I wouldn't have considered him as a driver for Ferrari to be honest, imo theey picked him up just because he was a Ferrari test driver, racing for Saber which was using Ferrari's engines, and then the Swiss team switched to BMW so they couldn't let him go "to the dark side".

In the end, if someone is to be blamed is Ferrari. even if they won the Team Championship, they made some massive and stupid mistakes over the year, both technical (that stupid revision of the connecting rod just to gain some hp compromising the reliability by a large margin) and tactical (stupid traffic light in the pit and not very impressive race strategies). They could have won both titles by a good margin just making safer choices and being a little more focused in what they were doing. the attitude they showed during the last race proved they had both performance and capabilities to create a concrete race (even considering Hamilton had a conservative run because of his championship's margin), but they lacked this attitude basically the whole season. they scored zero points in so many races, and still were able to contend the Driver Championship and won the Team one. shame on Ferrari.

Typical Italian superficiality all around.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

After re-watching the last laps again I agree that Kubica haven't done anything criminal - it was my nervosity during the race But somehow I thought it was a miracle he didn't hit Vettel or Hamilton...

Sad to see coulthard out so early

I was hoping he could have gone on to get a decent finish as well.

Has anyone got a video of Glock for the last lap/the incident? Because as far as i know, he either slowed down to let Hamilton past. Or lost traction due to his tyre choice
    May the downforce be with you

He lost traction because the rain started to fall more heavily.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

I was on the edge of my seat during the whole race! What an incredible finish, to end an incredible season!! My heart still goes out to Massa, and his family, to see the emotions they expressed, from ecstatic joy, to heart break in a matter of seconds, I will remember for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Bang on RacingManiac. I am not sure Massa will ever get another kick at the can. If Kimi didn't have reitrement hanign over him, I'd include him amoungst Vettel, Kubica, Alonso, and Hamilton amoungst potential future/repeat WDC winners. Massa though, I just dunno if things will fall his way again.
    Fall his way? It's not like it just landed in his lap. He was in the mix before Kimi lost his competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead
    In the end, if someone is to be blamed is Ferrari. even if they won the Team Championship, they made some massive and stupid mistakes over the year, both technical (that stupid revision of the connecting rod just to gain some hp compromising the reliability by a large margin) and tactical (stupid traffic light in the pit and not very impressive race strategies). They could have won both titles by a good margin just making safer choices and being a little more focused in what they were doing. the attitude they showed during the last race proved they had both performance and capabilities to create a concrete race (even considering Hamilton had a conservative run because of his championship's margin), but they lacked this attitude basically the whole season. they scored zero points in so many races, and still were able to contend the Driver Championship and won the Team one. shame on Ferrari. .
    That's what I was thinking. If just one of those incidents didn't happen the result of the season may have been different. Singapore was the biggest mistake in my mind and the one that really let massa down. The old popsicle stick seemed to work well in the last race.

And massa did drive a fantastic race this weekend. The margin he put behind him was pretty significant and you can tell he really had some strong desire for it. I gained respect for him watching him drive this race and then handle the outcome at the end.
    You can call me scott.

Best race of the season

Too bad for massa, could be his last chance. Hamilton & Glock i think are a couple or something.

There is no way he couldnt get the drive out of that final corner. whatever evidence i wont beleive it.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post
    I gained respect for him watching him drive this race and then handle the outcome at the end.
    Yeah, his attitude in defeat really earned my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by torque55 View Post
    Best race of the season

Too bad for massa, could be his last chance. Hamilton & Glock i think are a couple or something.

There is no way he couldnt get the drive out of that final corner. whatever evidence i wont beleive it.

That's the spirit! Moar conspiracy theories!!!1!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

In my opinion Hamilton should not have won. it was fluke. (and hear me out before you all go nuts)

He played it safe, and in the end it almost cost him the championship. It took somebody else's lack of strategy for him to finish 5th, on the last lap... IN THE LAST CORNER!!! not really the stuff champions are made of now is it?

As for massa not being aggressive... He did lead and dominate this GP did he not? Ham did sit back and settle for the bare minimum did he not? who was being aggressive here?

I think Hamilton will be WC multiple times in his career but this one should have rightfully gone to Massa.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo View Post
    In my opinion Hamilton should not have won. it was fluke. (and hear me out before you all go nuts)

He played it safe, and in the end it almost cost him the championship. It took somebody else's lack of strategy for him to finish 5th, on the last lap... IN THE LAST CORNER!!! not really the stuff champions are made of now is it?

As for massa not being aggressive... He did lead and dominate this GP did he not? Ham did sit back and settle for the bare minimum did he not? who was being aggressive here?

I think Hamilton will be WC multiple times in his career but this one should have rightfully gone to Massa.
    Well you have to remember that glock would have come out behind hamilton if he went in for inters. He was only in front b/c he stayed out, so no matter the strategy Hamilton would still be champ.

Before the pits hamilton could have let vettel pass and still end up champ it was only b/c glack didn't pit that hamilton had to stay in front. And for me this says a tremendous amount about vettel's talant. At the time he passed Hamilton he was taking away hamilton's championship and yet hamilton couldn't stop him. I find that pretty amazing. I knew he was talanted but that just says a whole lot.
    You can call me scott.

I agree 100%. I kept wondering why he was laying back at the minimum position not leaving any room for error. Kind of an empty championship IMO.

He's good but he didn't take the race by the throat like he was driving to win.

In my opinion, and in the opinion of many others, Massa was gifted a net 6 points at Spa and this race shouldn't even have mattered.

Even after reading what you said, Hamilton played it safe and won by points. Why should he not have won then?

If Massa won the title by less 5 or less points I woulda said he didn't deserve it, but if Hamilton wins in what I see as a legitimate way I don't see why he should not have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Even after reading what you said, Hamilton played it safe and won by points. Why should he not have won then?
    He did the opposite of what he did in all the other races.

And interestingly he almost lost the title for it.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information