Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Loeb: a unique talent

I think to look at the commitment of the manufacturers and talent of the drivers WRC racing is on par with most motorsports and I believe the fact is Sebastion Loeb is dominating the sport, his concentration in a variety of conditions (including Le Mans) shows what a talent he really is - most rallyes are won by mere moments but at the end over the last 5 years there is only one champion.
    Failure is not an option...

Yesterday Loeb has been testing a Red Bull F1 car in Barcelona (3-day test session.)
    He scored 8th fastest time, 1.22.5m about the same as Kubica and Piquet. (Fastests was Sato in the Toro Rosso, 1.20.7).
    Not bad for a simple rallye driver....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

the exchange with Sarrazin (Peugeot 908HDi and Citroen C4)
    World Rally Championship - News - Loeb quick in Peugeot’s Le Mans Prototype
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    he is looking for new toys. lucky dude
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

He is right to complain though about the WRC. No Monte Carlo Rally on the calendar is just insane.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    He is right to complain though about the WRC. No Monte Carlo Rally on the calendar is just insane.
    funny thing is that in last years people were praysing WRC and LMS/ALMS for the show and quality of motorsport they were offering, and now they are changing those dramatically.
    The new rules for GT championships could even work, but with the lack of contenders in LMP it's not going to be the same as the past years.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

I don't even know if there is a WRC thread for this year, but things are getting rough for the WRC as for all the other major racing series it seems.

Suzuki has pulled out for 2009 and the rumour is that Subaru will be gone as well. Wow I am not familiar with the WRC but that means there will be only two factory teams next year? I wonder if people will still race privateer Subies and Suzukis. Those cars don;t really stand a chance against the C4 or the Focus though do they?

Speaking of Loeb he just won the Race of Champions, again. He really is one of the all-time greats. All he needs is a major win in a road race. His former boss at Citroen moved to the Peugeot team, so perhaps he will follow for Le Mans this year.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Loeb's victory at Race of Champions was great - I liked the finals against Coulhard. BTW, I didn't know that he was a French champion in sport gymnastics before he switched to racing...

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    BTW, I didn't know that he was a French champion in sport gymnastics before he switched to racing...
    some people say that that helped him develop a unique sense of equilibrium, very helpful when you actually steer a rallye car with your ass as seems to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Speaking of Loeb he just won the Race of Champions, again. He really is one of the all-time greats. All he needs is a major win in a road race.
    A great achievemnt for him imo...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    Loeb's victory at Race of Champions was great - I liked the finals against Coulhard. BTW, I didn't know that he was a French champion in sport gymnastics before he switched to racing...
    faksta good to see you around again - where you been?

I thought that he was "only" Alsatian champion - I was reading this the other day on Wiki.

Hi Guys: 1st. post. S. Loeb is a great Driver! 5 times champ. Like, Who's company doe's that put him with? M.S F1 R.C, MX Tiger-Golf? He is simply the best that WRC has seen. 40+wins, no contest! The Kid can Drive! Podium/Le Mans! ROC how many times? My Dream Team/09 Loeb, Buordais. Villeneuves-Puegoet- Le Mans. All 3 Drivers deserve the Win. The Puegoet only needs to be better in the wet!

Loeb is fantastic. Too bad WRC is falling apart faster than F1.
    Max just ruins whatever he touches.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Thread Information