Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Series 12 [May contain spoilers]

Top Gear Series 12 [May contain spoilers]

Sorry for all those who haven't seen it yet but I just wanted to mention something about it.

I am the only person who is fed up with Clarkson's rubbish power tests??

4 seconds of tyre smoke doesn't constitute a review of a car and the bias against said car was pretty shocking...

That said the trucking bit was pretty hilarious

EDIT: Please write all spoilers using WHITE text. Thanks. -fd
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 11-23-2008 at 04:02 PM.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    Sorry for all those who haven't seen it yet but I just wanted to mention something about it.

4 seconds of tyre smoke doesn't constitute a review of a car and the bias against said car was pretty shocking...

I agree. The gt2 review was unfinished b/c the time was never shared. We were robbed. Even if it were faster it didn't discount what he said earlier about the lambo being more driver friendly, so share the info.

And the trucking part was crazy good fun. It was a fantastic episode that makes the aussie version look that much worse.

Next week should be good too, especially since their coming to my backyard.
    You can call me scott.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie300z View Post

Next week should be good too, especially since their coming to my backyard.
    To take the piss I imagine.
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Dantera22B View Post
    To take the piss I imagine.

Well of course, I'd be surprised if our cars didn't have to take anything on the chin. It just wouldn't be top gear otherwise.

I bet they do find some things they like about them too though. They may not leave blown away, but I expect to hear some good things as there has been at least some improvement.
    You can call me scott.

Next week is going to rock. I am so excited for it. Yes the GT2 test was incomplete but by the same token, that's how Clarkson rolls. So I kind of expect that sort of BS.

I loved it.

I'm never gonna be fed up of Clarkson, the man is hilarious. I laughed hard at him screaming like a maniac while driving the GT2, and the granny doing powerslides (well that was fake but you catch my drift) was also hilarious.

However I would have appreciated a more constructive review of the GT2, and I wanna see the friggin' time goddammit!

Maybe they'll let Hammond review it...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Agreed. I saw the Fifth Gear test of the same car and was looking forward to a different opinion. Shame.

Although interestingly when i told my friends that i thought Fifth Gear was a much better program they thought i was mad. They said it was boring and had no entertainment value. I said that they did much better reviews of cars and that it was much more informative from a car enthusiast point of view. I guess they just don't understand.

But yeah, the outrageous challenges always make for quality TV.
    Just call me Tom

Please visit www.tomranson.com and make me feel loved.

^ What about watching the two? You have to remember TG is more of an entertainment program than a factual program. Remember Clarkson when they won their first NTA Award for "Best Factual Show"? "That's interesting since we haven't put a fact in the show in 5 years!"

Watch TG for entertainment values, and Fifth Gear for factual values, debate settled. That's what I do.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    ^ What about watching the two? You have to remember TG is more of an entertainment program than a factual program. Remember Clarkson when they won their first NTA Award for "Best Factual Show"? "That's interesting since we haven't put a fact in the show in 5 years!"

Watch TG for entertainment values, and Fifth Gear for factual values, debate settled. That's what I do.
    I do that already, but i just find Clarkson such a twat, it really puts a damper on the whole program. Like this weekend when he mentioned Ginetta, Marcos and StrathCarron as being failed British car makers. They all still exist in some form and Ginetta still have a race series! He really knows nothing.
    Just call me Tom

I love those 5 words: "How hard can it be..?"
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Suka View Post
    I do that already, but i just find Clarkson such a twat, it really puts a damper on the whole program. Like this weekend when he mentioned Ginetta, Marcos and StrathCarron as being failed British car makers. They all still exist in some form and Ginetta still have a race series! He really knows nothing.
    Clarkson makes the show.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    David says:
    that's what she said

When EVO tested the Lambo and GT2 they found the Lambo more fun and it was faster around the track. I'd still take the Beetle though
    Fifth Gear is a better car show, Top Gear is more fun for the whole family. What I don't like is the way TG are destroying cars... Why would you destroy a Porsche or an Alpine on a TV show about cars?

It was done intentionally to be funny. To mention what an insanity the car is. The real test there was for the LP560-4.

Anyway, why would you want to watch a test for a "squashed beetle with a spoiler on the back?"

You all are misunderstanding the pt of TG. If you want an informative show, go watch fifthgear, or use the internet or magazine. TG is mainly for entertaining. It is intentionally stupid, senseless, and destructive.
    Last edited by Roentgen; 11-03-2008 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Haven't read other comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    It was done intentionally to be funny. To mention what an insanity the car is. The real test there was for the LP560-4.

Anyway, why would you want to watch a test for a "squashed beetle with a spoiler on the back?"

You all are misunderstanding the pt of TG. If you want an informative show, go watch fifthgear, or use the internet or magazine. TG is mainly for entertaining. It is intentionally stupid, senseless, and destructive.
    I don't think I am missing the point of Top Gear. I understand that is is an entertainment show first, its just that Clarkson is really starting to annoy me with all the nonsense he goes on about.
    Just call me Tom

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    I loved it.

I'm never gonna be fed up of Clarkson, the man is hilarious. I laughed hard at him screaming like a maniac while driving the GT2, and the granny doing powerslides (well that was fake but you catch my drift) was also hilarious.

However I would have appreciated a more constructive review of the GT2, and I wanna see the friggin' time goddammit!

Maybe they'll let Hammond review it...
    Agreed.
    I thought it was a brilliant episode, and it felt like it was over too fast.

Thread Information