Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Nissan GT-R articles...

got this from a Porsche forum.........im still waiting for a proper source.

Its funny how fast information goes around the world! I drove the Nissan GTR yesterday for KW with the KW clubsport and with the original suspension. All other parts were stock and the weight was original! Due to the fact, that there where some passing manouvers and 2 small mistakes in my line, the theoretical best time, calculated from my best sectors (with data logger), was a 7.46. ( a real lap was 7,49)

So I think, it is not possible, to go faster, when W.Röhrl and Chr.Menzel also where not able to go under 7.45!

The secret source, who watched the test of the 3 cars is not so secret: He owns a guest house in Nürbrug and was there at the test and watched everything. I spoke to him 2 days ago and it was true that tha car was far away from stock, that means power, sound, tyres, exhaust, weight!

But anyway the Nissan GTR is fast also in stock outfit and fun to drive. Only when acclerating it would need more power to the rear, to kill the understeer. Under braking conditions it steers very good into corners! Sometimes to much, but then it is even more fun!

If You want, You can post that in the internet! Source: Wolf!
    Danke und Viele Grüße
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    why don't you give a reaction on the two articles the thread is about?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

the theoretical best time, calculated from my best sectors (with data logger), was a 7.46. ( a real lap was 7,49)
    Theory and fact are 2 different things.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Thanks for posting a quote that states that the Nissan GTR is a) fast and b) fun to drive.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

The source is Wolf! citing a "secret source." Doesn't get much more proper than that!
    Here's the thread in question:
    Finally: Some facts on the GT-R's Ring time

Pretty strange how Porsche's original time was 7:54 (with no mention of Rohrl) and now that time is migrating down to 7:45...
    Wonder if "Wolf" is Wolfgang Kaufmann.

Quote Originally Posted by Guibo View Post
    Pretty strange how Porsche's original time was 7:54 (with no mention of Rohrl) and now that time is migrating down to 7:45...
    Wonder if "Wolf" is Wolfgang Kaufmann.

WR was always a better driver than the engineer, he had a better time in the GT2 and in this particular GTR. Note that my example, WR and another provided driver only achieved a mid 7:40's to mid 7:50's. This fits perfectly with Nissan's original claim.

Not strange at all that an expert Nurburgring driver was able to drive a fraction faster than the Porsche engineer.

By the way...read carefully. His best time was 7:49 or 5 seconds faster than the Porsche engineer.
    the theoretical best time, calculated from my best sectors (with data logger), was a 7.46. ( a real lap was 7,49)
    Last edited by monaroCountry; 11-06-2008 at 04:19 AM.
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

WR was always a better driver than the engineer, he had a better time in the GT2 and in this particular GTR. Note that my example, WR and another provided driver only achieved a mid 7:40's to mid 7:50's. This fits perfectly with Nissan's original claim.
    Not strange at all that an expert Nurburgring driver was able to drive a fraction faster than the Porsche engineer.
    By the way...read carefully. His best time was 7:49 or 5 seconds faster than the Porsche engineer.
    Read carefully: the GT-R's lap times came at the end of weeks of testing (spread over at least 7 different sessions) comprising thousands of laps, and in perfect conditions. Did WR, the Porsche engineer, or the "secret source" take the GT-R for thousands of laps in perfect conditions? If not, then on what grounds can they claim cheating? They can't, unless they themselves have tested the GT-R the same way. Which begs the question: why would they ever want to do that? What's the incentive? To come out and say "Yeah, our legendary Turbo was beaten by a Nissan"?
    If WR was able to acheive a 7:45, then why did Porsche not mention this time when it revealed the 7:54 time? Answer that question, if you can relieve your obvious bias for even a moment.
    "A fraction faster"...ok, so you admit a difference of 9 seconds is not that big a deal. Von Saurma reckons a time of 7:40 (on Bridgestones) is possible; he does not say a faster time is impossible. Nissan's time for the GT-R on Bridgestones, before subsequent further testing of the chassis and engine mounts, is only 2 seconds lower than that. That's well within your tolerance for "a fraction faster."
    Nissan's original claim was never that every lap was a 7:29.
    Last edited by Guibo; 11-06-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dydzi View Post
    i don't get it. hundregs if not thouthands of ingeneering geniuses spent many years and hundreds of millions of dollars on developing this car, and then some group of geeks think they can make a better thing out of it in couple of months?

my opinion is - they can only worsen it
    Production vehicles are a compromise in every way. They have to be able to exist in varied conditions across the world- different crash standards, emission regulations, climates. They have to appeal to a broad base of customers. And most importantly, they have to stand up to the accounting department. All of this waters down even the most extreme cars. There is ALWAYS improvement to be had.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

And he's still talking shit, because adding up fastest sector times won't get you a fastest theoretical time, it'll give you a total of sector times.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

The gt-r can not run under 7:30 on the Nurburgring. End.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Thread Information