Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project One-77 site updated

Am i the only one?

UMMM is it just me or is this looking a lot like a corvette that has been stretched. If you take off the tail lights from the side view this looks like a C5. Just my thought.

Quote Originally Posted by in1fastcar View Post
    UMMM is it just me or is this looking a lot like a corvette that has been stretched. If you take off the tail lights from the side view this looks like a C5. Just my thought.
    It is just you.

This looks like any other Aston Martin for the last 8 years or so.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the looks of this car. It has too many random vents. If anything, the DBS is way better looking than this car. Sure it might be rare, but it doesn't mean that it's tastefully designed.

And, you'd save about $800,000 or so, maybe even more.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I don't like the looks of this car. It has too many random vents. If anything, the DBS is way better looking than this car. Sure it might be rare, but it doesn't mean that it's tastefully designed.

And, you'd save about $800,000 or so, maybe even more.
    as said, in the other thread, this car looks perfect, apart from the exhausts in the rear extractor, because initially I thought the exhausts were positioned in the side vents just ahead of the doors, and I liked the idea.

btw, I find it proportioned, and detailed. When I saw in the flesh the DBS, I thought it was the right car for someone like James Bond, or even mroe, for the James Bond of today. it si not just classy, refined and sporty. it's massive, it reminds me of a stone, sculpted by the wind and the water over the years, and today full of the forces that worked on its surface. it's a stone to take in your hand, and press when you find yourself in fron of some arrogant and tacky exotics, like a 430 Scuderia (not that the Ferrari is ugly, but it stands for a complete different image if compared to any AM). eventually, you can hit that car, or the owner with your fist, with that stone inside of it. or use it against the bad guy in your latest imaginary movie.
    the interior is perfect, it has those black surfaces of a piano, the aluminum parts that remind you of weapons and triggers, those sculpted seats designed to be just one thing with your body.
    it's true, it's very similar to the DB9. I saw it intially from a good distance, and since my glasses don't work very well with my eyes anymore, I thought it was a DB9. I approached the car, and saw the different details.
    I always loved the DBS look, but in that moment, I liked even more, it was perfect, like a tailored dress, like something no other car can actually do right now for that money.
    it appears fast, even more than what evokes a 599 GTB. it appears elegant, more than the DB9 itself, or of a still beautiful GranTurismo. it appears aggressive and muscular, like for example an Sl65 Black Series, but without looking like a DTM car. the only thing I would have changed in the car was the name on the car's paper.
    but that is the DBS.

what about this? this takes all those feelings one step ahead. it adds a even more appealing look, wider, shorter, lower. it more sculpted, more fluent. I think it improves also the feeling it could have been build just polishing a stone until the exact image you have inside of your mind can be since in front of you. the small glance of the interior shows a very enveloping shape, to improve the feeling of being just one thing with the car.

the point is, are MY emotional feelings, MY thoughts, MY descriptions, enough for let this car exist?
    let's begin with the price. it costs something like a Reventòn, but it something like its nemesis. the Lamborghini was a re-bodied Murcielago, with a new dashboard, and new materials for the interior. and a slightly different exhaust. was it worth the price? actually, I can't say it objectively, but my opinion is, no. I'm not considering the actual cost of the car, but the new image wasn't enough for a 4 times higher price, because it appeared, to me, just that, and nothing more. I could have payed half the price, but not the whole thing. personal opinion btw.
    this on the other hand could be described (not by me) as another AM, with a too similar designed, positioned on a new chassis, with a bigger engine and probably even more fancy interior.
    is it worth the price? well, a new chassis and a new (or developed) engine, are surely something more expensive even to produce, and something more tangible while driving too. but there are other cars with a carbon fiber chassis, other with 700 hp, and other AMs with a similar look, and all of them are considerably cheaper.
    looking this car just as a car won't help understanding it. exactly the same is good for the Reventòn, or it would be just a matter of "I'm rich, I like the look. I buy it".
    I'm not so sure this car is worth the money, both because the technical counterpart is likely going to be undervalued by the look of the car, and it's also going to be produced in more units than the Reventòn, even if from the two movies released, it seems that owners will have the possibility to adapt this car to their taste more than in other cars.
    for sure, it's very expensive. Assuming I have the money, I will purchase this over the Reventòn, for these reasons: this is declared to stands for what AM is today, it's a portrait of the brand more than it's flagship, while the Reventòn, even if it is an extreme design like a lot of Lamborghinis before, it isn't something so "astonishing" look apart. you could say, the One-77 laks of that look too, so it isn't worth at all. perhaps, you are right. it's not going to catch more eyes than another AM, let alone more than a Reventòn, or an Enzo. but that's the point, this is an AM, not a flashy car every rapper would want in his video. it is something you should want to own just for yourself, just for feeling more happy owning something that reflects a way of living not very popular these days.
    This forum lacks of one thing, first of all. stupid, short minded, tacky pseudo enthusiasts. the one you can find (not all of them obviously) on SC.net, or on some of the blogs invading the world in the last years. this perhaps let us think in a way which isn't very affected by the popular opinion. my point here is that this car is rejecting that opinion.

I'm feeling like I'm singing in front of my gf's window, and all the district would be fine if I stopped.

how can I assume all of these things with so few info about the car? well, I looked (more than once) the movies, and I think those are the keys for understanding this car as something more than a car.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The perfect car would probably one with the styling effort on the Lamborghini and the engineering effort on the Aston Martin.

For something that costs a million billion it still looks too uncofmortably close to a tuned Vanquish, in my opinion.

At this point I'd probably have neither the Reventon nor the One-77 (which is stupid, if it ends up being its final name). A Zonda has just the perfect dose of engineering and styling.

And it's cheaper.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The perfect car would probably one with the styling effort on the Lamborghini and the engineering effort on the Aston Martin.

For something that costs a million billion it still looks too uncofmortably close to a tuned Vanquish, in my opinion.

At this point I'd probably have neither the Reventon nor the One-77 (which is stupid, if it ends up being its final name). A Zonda has just the perfect dose of engineering and styling.

And it's cheaper.
    well, I thought about the Zonda too while writing, but the point about it is that right now it became "common". I mean, it's an established car, design, look. it's something we (enthusiasts) are used to.
    somehow, I think it can be compared considering the exterior, the look, just to the Reventòn. as I said, the look of the One-77 is reflecting another personality of who is going to buy. It's too similar to other AMs' models. indeed, I think the average AM customer is quite different from the others. this is going to be even more selective about that.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information