Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Critique Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    rofl Didn't notice that ..... I guess that's the difference with Dutch v. Scottish ..... I dont look closely at other guys wife's breasts
    I look closely at (nearly) every woman's breasts...

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    rofl Didn't notice that ..... I guess that's the difference with Dutch v. Scottish ..... I dont look closely at other guys wife's breasts
    On the contrary, I hate it when a see a perfect mountain range being interupted by some female tourist's breasts
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    nice to see how the front mountain range blends in with the sweater (at mid breat leavel). Was that on purpose?
    well it happened on accident actually. I happend to have some high grain B&W film in my camera at the moment, so I didn't realise the hue was so close between the sweater and mountan/sky. If I had taken it in colour i think it would have come out better? I couldn't say

On the contrary, I hate it when a see a perfect mountain range being interupted by some female tourist's breasts
    Hey! I resemble that! we aren't tourists. That is where we live...

Quote Originally Posted by FastDriver View Post
    well it happened on accident actually. I happend to have some high grain B&W film in my camera at the moment, so I didn't realise the hue was so close between the sweater and mountan/sky. If I had taken it in colour i think it would have come out better? I couldn't say
    don't tell me that you are still using film....let alone B&W. Do you do your own development and print work also?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

don't tell me that you are still using film....let alone B&W. Do you do your own development and print work also?
    Actually I quite like B&W film. the asbsents of colour means you get a finer grain photo, so you can make larger prints. However I did sell the camera. I figured it was time to go Digital since changing film ever 24 frames is beginning to become a real bother... So I'm saving up for a Nikon D3x.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...#Specification

however I need to spend that money for flying lessons now. sooo it will probably be a couple years before I end up having any extra cash... So for now I'm getting this Leica D-Lux 5...
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html

Actually I quite like B&W film. the asbsents of colour means you get a finer grain photo, so you can make larger prints. However I did sell the camera. I figured it was time to go Digital since changing film ever 24 frames is beginning to become a real bother... So I'm saving up for a Nikon D3x.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...#Specification

however I need to spend that money for flying lessons now. sooo it will probably be a couple years before I end up having any extra cash... So for now I'm getting this Leica D-Lux 5...
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...al_Camera.html
    Why not save some money and get the Panasonic LX-5? They're the same camera. Processing of photos is a bit different, but you could just spend a bit of time and edit.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Why not save some money and get the Panasonic LX-5? They're the same camera. Processing of photos is a bit different, but you could just spend a bit of time and edit.
    You're correct. They are virtually identical. I have looked at the Lumix and it is a nice camera. I am a huge fan of Leica products though, and will spend the extra money for the badge I know it is idiotic, but I am very particular about things i spend my money on. Good choice as an alternate though, thanks for sharing

You're correct. They are virtually identical. I have looked at the Lumix and it is a nice camera. I am a huge fan of Leica products though, and will spend the extra money for the badge I know it is idiotic, but I am very particular about things i spend my money on. Good choice as an alternate though, thanks for sharing
    Brand snob.

Just kidding. The Leica does have different processing stuff for jpg, so it's perceived to warmer.

Good for people who don't like editing.

What other camera gear do you have? I believe you have a Nikon SLR?

D3x is a bit overkill- be sure you have the processing power and hard drive space for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Brand snob.

Just kidding. The Leica does have different processing stuff for jpg, so it's perceived to warmer.

Good for people who don't like editing.

What other camera gear do you have? I believe you have a Nikon SLR?

D3x is a bit overkill- be sure you have the processing power and hard drive space for that.
    Yeah I want a nice medium format camera. Leica SLR cameras are over $20,000 just for the body. so thats a bit more than i would like to spend. The Nikon D3x is a great comprimise. its burst speed isn't as quick as I would like. The D3 can shoot a burst mode up to 11fps but is only 12.3 mpx where as the D3x is 24. Its a comprimise either way. I also want to do some timelapse photography.

I sold all my camera gear because it was about 10 years old. I had a 70-300mm f4/5.6 nikon lens an also a 28mm-100mm f3.5-4.0 nikon lens. with a Nikon N80. It was a good starter camera, it was given to me by a friend who also upgrade to digital, although he went with Canon. I have done a ton of research and read a lot of photography books and decided to stick with Nikon. The D3 is the only full frame camera with the processing power that I am looking for. The D300 is a nice camera to but it is cropped frame. the D3x is nice because it is full frame but in DX mode it is like a crop frame and with the high mpx it will still take high resoluton photos at DX mode so I would have more control. it takes 5fps in full frame and 7fps in DX which is pretty good.

If anybody ever feels like critiquing my work they can view it here: Sam Householders Blog and, more specifically, if you want to critique my professional portfolio it can be seen here:Portfolio s Blog

^^^ As a fan of modern photographic naturalism I really enjoyed that Sam, appreciate the effort it takes. I see you're currently a photojournalist for your paper, hope they put you on payroll. You should be building a stock book in the meantime. Nice work.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    If anybody ever feels like critiquing my work they can view it here: Sam Householders Blog and, more specifically, if you want to critique my professional portfolio it can be seen here:Portfolio s Blog
    Hey keep working on that photography man! good job to have to sharpen your skills I like the Idea of most of your photos, but they seem to be lacking something to make them really good. I can pinpoint a few small things but I'm sure there is more that I'm not seeing.

The football pictures is too dark, could help with some post production in photoshop.

The photo with the man and the frizbee looks too flat. I noticed there are no shadows in the photo. A fill light would have made it pop a little more!

The basketball photo is my favorite, you captured good emotion, action and nice vibrant colour!

the photo with the kids looks out of focus, needs sharpening.

with the girl scout photo, i would suggest a 3/4 view from the back left. just having the back of her head makes it look very awkward.

The skateboarder picture is good, i like that one

the figher fighter pictures in the window looks out of focus or like you were shaking the camera.

Save Conley Library. This pictures I think had great potential. I would have set the camera on a tripod and kept the shutter open for a longer period of time to make the cars going by leave long trails, like the man is standing still and everyone else is moving very fast. Good idea though

the one with the garter, would have been better if it was taken before he actually flicked it. also could use some post production.

the man at the podium. Same as the basketball photo, if you can get all of your photos at least that sharp and with that amount of colour, you would have a good start

the hunter. very good. I like it!

trophy girls is another one i like

the flowers picture is good.

keep doin your thing, looks like you're having fun!!!

what kind of camera/s and lens/s do you use?

well heres some from a car show. Don't remember exactly what year and model this car is. maybe you guys can tell
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hey keep working on that photography man! good job to have to sharpen your skills I like the Idea of most of your photos, but they seem to be lacking something to make them really good. I can pinpoint a few small things but I'm sure there is more that I'm not seeing.

The football pictures is too dark, could help with some post production in photoshop.

The photo with the man and the frizbee looks too flat. I noticed there are no shadows in the photo. A fill light would have made it pop a little more!

The basketball photo is my favorite, you captured good emotion, action and nice vibrant colour!

the photo with the kids looks out of focus, needs sharpening.

with the girl scout photo, i would suggest a 3/4 view from the back left. just having the back of her head makes it look very awkward.

The skateboarder picture is good, i like that one

the figher fighter pictures in the window looks out of focus or like you were shaking the camera.

Save Conley Library. This pictures I think had great potential. I would have set the camera on a tripod and kept the shutter open for a longer period of time to make the cars going by leave long trails, like the man is standing still and everyone else is moving very fast. Good idea though

the one with the garter, would have been better if it was taken before he actually flicked it. also could use some post production.

the man at the podium. Same as the basketball photo, if you can get all of your photos at least that sharp and with that amount of colour, you would have a good start

the hunter. very good. I like it!

trophy girls is another one i like

the flowers picture is good.

keep doin your thing, looks like you're having fun!!!

what kind of camera/s and lens/s do you use?
    Thanks, I shoot with a Canon 7D and the lens provided by my paper, a 16-35 f/2.8, a 70-200mm f/2.8, a 300mm f/2.8, a 15mm fisheye and an 85mm f/1.8. My personal lens are a 17-55 f/2.8, 70-200mm f/4-5.6 and a 50mm f/1.8. Some of the older stuff in my portfolio, which I should update, was taken with my old Canon Rebel XT.

Thread Information