Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my first gun

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    If carrying weapons is against the law, those who carry one are criminals....and can be much more easily arrested for illegal gun ownership....
    Most guns used in crimes in the us are owned illegally. So much for that theory. And I'd rather have a gun vs a guy with another weapon than anything else. Why make it even, so it's fair for the guy robbing me?

Right, well, ignoring the impending flame wars, congrats on the new gun. Is there a range near you, or will you have to drive a way to get to shoot it?
    Last edited by wwgkd; 11-18-2008 at 09:26 AM.

Yeah, and people are advocating for people to carry concealed weapons in colleges!

I know this isn't a debate thread or anything, but it makes no sense. It would cause so much confusion for the police if every kid in the classroom had guns pointed at each other and they're unsure who is the original shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, and people are advocating for people to carry concealed weapons in colleges!

I know this isn't a debate thread or anything, but it makes no sense. It would cause so much confusion for the police if every kid in the classroom had guns pointed at each other and they're unsure who is the original shooter.
    Err.

I'm glad I was born on the right side of the borders.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Well I for one hope Mr Obama would ban guns and established hugely efficient internal controls so my country wouldn´t be flooded with assault weaponry that goes straight to the drug cartels, courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood Border Patrol; just because their media makes the American people so paranoid they actually think they need a gun. Incidentally, drug trafficking is the only reason the USSR went bust before the US - they didn´t have minorities to flood with drugs and de facto colonies for production.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Err.

I'm glad I was born on the right side of the borders.
    Yeah, people are so paranoid! People are so afraid of Virginia Tech style shootings. I would rather them beef up school security than to have everyone carry concealed weapons. People have to realize that those shootings are anomalies and of course they're horrible. But they still don't happen on a daily basis. It's not the Wild West era, where there was no law and you have to be the law. That's just bullshit if carrying a gun makes you feel safer in school.

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    Well I for one hope Mr Obama would ban guns and established hugely efficient internal controls so my country wouldn´t be flooded with assault weaponry that goes straight to the drug cartels, courtesy of your friendly neighbourhood Border Patrol; just because their media makes the American people so paranoid they actually think they need a gun. Incidentally, drug trafficking is the only reason the USSR went bust before the US - they didn´t have minorities to flood with drugs and de facto colonies for production.
    Exactly. And you all thought we were just a bunch of ignorant rednecks. No, we're flooding the world with drugs and us made assault weapons. It's our plan for getting back in the black. First we give people something to fight over (drugs( then we give them something to fight with (us made assault weapons) then we have 3 never ending sources of revenue (including the ammo, proudly made in the us, of course.)

More guns more deaths. Period.

Especially when you have people saying things like 'I am so excited i get to pick up my gun next week', does everyone treat them like toys?

When we had a school shooting in the 90's hand guns were baned, even though there are shootings now if that hadn't happened I am sure there would be many more.
    UP THE BORO!!!!

Yeah, cause everyone is going to be pointing a gun at everyone else like in a bar in a western movie. For the record, most gun owners have them because they enjoy shooting them. 80 million gun owners just have fun going down to the range. The fact that they could also be used for self defense is an added bonus, like swiss army knives having tweezers and toothpicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Q TOY View Post
    More guns more deaths. Period.

Especially when you have people saying things like 'I am so excited i get to pick up my gun next week', does everyone treat them like toys?

When we had a school shooting in the 90's hand guns were baned, even though there are shootings now if that hadn't happened I am sure there would be many more.
    You're sure. And the fact that the crime rate went up after the gun ban doesn't shake that confidence?

One and only reason for lax gun control:
    The government should fear its people and know that if they step out of the line the people can put them back in their place. That is why the second amendment is there, the founders had just fought a war against an oppressive, unjust government and wanted to avoid it happening again.

Also if their were no guns you don't think there wouldn't be more stabbings or beatings or something else? Violent people are going to be violent one way or another. It really bothers me that Europeans think they are better than everyone because they don't have guns and have cars with independent suspension.

And I'm sure you're excited over new cars. People also get excited when they have children, jobs, or a whole load of other things that they take seriously.

This has been discussed in a number of other threads and the crime rates after gun bans, and the crime rates in cities where the majority of people either have guns or are forced to have guns always goes ignored and is instead replaced with people spouting off, "barbarians."

Congrats on the gun by the way.
    Last edited by scottie300z; 11-18-2008 at 11:15 AM.
    You can call me scott.

Mexican standoff?

Exactly why I am for some gun control. I don't fear the people who know how to use .22s properly, rather, I fear those who are like ZOMG I BOUGHT A 50CALIBER I'M SO F_***KING GANGSTA BADASS. Those are the ones who accidentally blow themselves to pieces.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

If everybody with a gun would just shoot eachother down, we got another problem solved..

Quote Originally Posted by drakkie View Post
    If everybody with a gun would just shoot eachother down, we got another problem solved..
    They are already at it: List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And now continue with the topic addressed by the original poster. Not every gun related thread has to end up in a pro-anti debate.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Exactly why I am for some gun control. I don't fear the people who know how to use .22s properly, rather, I fear those who are like ZOMG I BOUGHT A 50CALIBER I'M SO F_***KING GANGSTA BADASS. Those are the ones who accidentally blow themselves to pieces.
    Thereby solving the problem, darwin style.

Edit: Right wouter, sorry, replied before reading your post. It's an emotionally charged issue and I found it annoying that he was proud of a new purchase and got blasted for it.
    Last edited by wwgkd; 11-18-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Thread Information