Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LOL GTR, Pt 2.

LOL GTR, Pt 2.

[O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Hmmm....

Maybe they can put a manual transmission in now?

I'd rather have that option than have launch control. And since it is so computerized anyway, I bet you it can be reprogrammed.

damn that sucks, i guess nissan got in over their head designing the car
    -Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless.

-I thought the blacks in Baltimore were bad, shit, they’re nothing compared to these fags you got here in San Francisco…haha.

-Kenny Powers

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs
    Where is your god now?
    His name is V-Spec.
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Better and better.

lulz were had.
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

About their only option.

Idiots who abuse the features and then claim on warranty just aren't' worth the hassle.
    Shame that d*ckheads the world over (well one nation it seems) have ruined it for all of us
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Shame that d*ckheads the world over (well one nation it seems) have ruined it for all of us
    you mean the quartermilers and the quarterpounders?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Why bother with this car at all?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Why bother with this car at all?
    perhaps because some magazines have just named it Car of the Year? Could be a valid reason....would you refuse one if offered?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I could care less. Its still a great car even without its gimmick. I always found it a downside to claim figures that were so bad on the vehicle's drivetrain anyways, so this more honest approach makes me like the car even more, even if it is slower off the line.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Just to add a little bit of historical facts to the tirades about the launch control issue....

The reason many of the US mags moved over to a rolling start for their acceleration times was that they were tearing up clutches, boxes, diffs and shafts with standing starts with muscle cars

Top Gear got in trouble for twisting the half shafts on a classic Jag with their antics.

It's nothing new. chill folks
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    perhaps because some magazines have just named it Car of the Year? Could be a valid reason....would you refuse one if offered?
    I woudl take it and sell it, but that's just my own personal preference. Many magazines said it was awesome based upon accelleration figures that it can't match anymore. Still a good car, but almost all of the craze was based upon that, at least in the stuff I read.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Just to add a little bit of historical facts to the tirades about the launch control issue....

The reason many of the US mags moved over to a rolling start for their acceleration times was that they were tearing up clutches, boxes, diffs and shafts with standing starts with muscle cars

Top Gear got in trouble for twisting the half shafts on a classic Jag with their antics.

It's nothing new. chill folks
    The magazines I read don't seem to care much about that. They probably don't abuse their own cars like that, but the press fleet seems to be fair game. Car and Driver explained their offering of the 5-60mph accelleration numbers to illustrate what it can do off of a normal launch. And since asking magazine editors to launch normally is an exercise in futility, they came up with the 5-60. I think the launch control can be cool, but you do have to exercise some common sense in how often you use it. But common sense being an uncommon virtue...

Something I've wondered is why do they only give you the choice of no launch control or maximum launch? Why not offer something a little less abusive but still better than nothing at all?

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I'm not saying it's a bad car, I'm saying it's just a car that's it.

Some people treat it as if it was a messiah and others hate it for no understanable reason. The people that don't understand cars at all, that is.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    I'm not saying it's a bad car, I'm saying it's just a car that's it.

Some people treat it as if it was a messiah and others hate it for no understanable reason. The people that don't understand cars at all, that is.
    I understand cars and I don't like the GT-R.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Thread Information